Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    A relatively chilled day working from home today. Just needed to work on a paper and admin stuff so no need to get any lectures recorded for online delivery. :)

Chilled in the sofa - horizontal naturally - TV on but rather annoyed that three posts of mine on a FB Gay men’s group for the over 40s that I joined in March were removed by an admin as they were deemed “spamming” - 3 youtube songs I posted in the space of 8 hours. Grrr!! :mad::(:rolleyes:confused:

It would depend on the genre of song :D

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It would depend on the genre of song :D

‘90s dance remixes. :):D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah, Panda Killa - saw your post on the last page. Very sorry for your loss. :(

It is indeed awful to have to be the bearer of bad news to someone who you know will not react well. I’ve been there myself.

Hugs!! :o:D

JupiterKid wrote: »
    ‘90s dance remixes. :):D:D

Nuf said :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Sweet dreams all 😴💀 x

Do you copy and paste that every night, Seph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Seph has the coolest smilies... G'night Seph, sweet slumbers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Panda I'm sorry. Woeful situation to be in..

So sorry for your troubles Panda.

So, got up in t he brilliant Sun, came to where I will be working for the week, it's bloody freezing & looks like rain :(
    It's gonna be a long week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's actually bucketing down here..I looked out the window and had to do a double take.... might be good of the forecasted storms land over the next 3-5 days....no beaches..parks...walks etc...give us a chance to start reopening the country if the hospital numbers came down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It’s not me anyway, I only buy from trusted sources. (Only joking.)
    I think some of them were supposed to be on methadone so god knows what they took. They’re living in that homeless hostel, poor devils. Hopefully the other two are alright. Heard something about the batch coming from Portlaoise.

The 19yo girl is from my neck of the woods...she was one of 8 children...knew that she had slipped off the radar when she was 17.. but had no idea how bad things were ...
    Anyways...I think today I sit on my arse...eat crap food and binge watch the earlier Simpson seasons :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do you copy and paste that every night, Seph?

I never copy and paste 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This guy is totally oblivious to isolation, yesterday he decided to plonk himself beside two ladies doing yoga and sat watching them for 15 minutes.

511258.jpeg

(this is upload method #2, thanks Deja boo)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Is there a way to embed photos from a phone?
    The menus listed in the instructions posted here recently, aren't showing on my phone.

Good morning all :)

It's taken a turn for the wetter.

I s'pose it's good timing. If the hot weather continued unbroken, everything would be parched by mid May. Now everything will be lush and green.

Trying again to upload from a phone

511262.jpeg

• Advertisement

OK method #1 as explained to me last night works.

Attach your photo and post it.
    Then copy img reference from that post
    Edit the post with copied reference [\img]  Worked perfectly on the phone, but when I went back to my IPAD, it had a couple of references that needed to be removed.

Should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am in the proper work office. On my own. Bliss.

Deskside with new coffee, "organic Mexican" please stand by as I will be giving my verdict on whether it comes sephers approved or not :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Raining here too, can't remember the time last time I got up to rain. I guess it keeps the country green :)

Deskside with new coffee, "organic Mexican" please stand by as I will be giving my verdict on whether it comes sephers approved or not :3

I am Jack's jealousy... I may have forgotten to purchase decent coffee recently... so it would seem Dave is all out of the good stuff... :( Any chance of an espresso Sephers?? :D

• Advertisement

Well still deskside , this organic mexican is interesting, the Cherry blossom flavours attack your tongue from the off and leave an interesting after taste and I'm to announce it comes sephers approved 😸

I am Jack's jealousy... I may have forgotten to purchase decent coffee recently... so it would seem Dave is all out of the good stuff... :( Any chance of an espresso Sephers?? :D

An espresso ? really? I won't lie I'm offended..........

but ok just so happens my younger brother likes them as well and he got a frother yesterday

:pac:

What kind of coffee would you normally buy Dave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Well, seeing as everyone else is learning how to embed images, I decided I'd give it a go too! This was from Monday evening's daily cycle. We do the same one every day: it just never gets old...

511271.jpg

^^^^ beautiful! Is that ben bulben in the background? to the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

^^^^ beautiful! Is that ben bulben in the background? to the left.

Yes, it got cut off on the upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Morning all, what a dreary morning, it's cold too.

Time to do some work work and then some cleaning. Keep the coffee coming, Sephers.

smurfjed wrote: »
    OK method #1 as explained to me last night works.

Attach your photo and post it.
    Then copy img reference from that post
    Edit the post with copied reference [\img]  Worked perfectly on the phone, but when I went back to my IPAD, it had a couple of references that needed to be removed.

Should work.

Step 1 doesn't work for me because when I press the symbols buttons for attaching photos I'm asked for the url of my image.

Rain very strong here too.

^^^^^^
    Doesn’t it give you the option of posting from your phone photo library? Once uploaded to Boards, you can find the URL.

^^^^^^
    Doesn’t it give you the option of posting from your phone photo library? Once uploaded to Boards, you can find the URL.
    No just a pop uo box asking for the url. No "select from..." like you'd expect to see.

I found a paperclip button in Go Advanced that brings you to a pop up window which has the upload from...bit.
    Ill go over the pisted instructions from there, later. Thanks

Well still deskside , this organic mexican is interesting, the Cherry blossom flavours attack your tongue from the off and leave an interesting after taste and I'm to announce it comes sephers approved 😸

An espresso ? really? I won't lie I'm offended..........

but ok just so happens my younger likes them as well and he got a frother yesterday

What kind of coffee would you normally buy Dave?

Hmmm... you'll probably think I am a peasant... but I buy Nespresso... it's convenient :) I do have some Guatemalan ground beans here but it goes against my lazy side and I couldn't be bothered dealing with that mess of the coffee thingamajig after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Currently trying to work out diction software in between replying to "important" emails one-handedly. I decided lecturing from home wasn't awkward enough so I broke my wrist, thumb, and middle finger earlier this week. Came back to literally 110 emails this morning from students and faculty, and am about two days behind on my (self-imposed) work schedule. I'm really looking forward to trying to mark the 76 undergrad essays I'll get Friday morning with one functional hand.

Side note, much praise to my local A and E for how they dealt with me - I rang before heading in to say I was in the extremely high risk category and was quite worried about going in to hospital with the virus. They went out of their way to make sure I was protected and interacted with as few people as possible, and I was in and out quite quickly. I know the HSE has problems, but I really have nothing but positive things to say about from a personal perspective.

Oh no Bolgbui that's a right pain in the arse! Hope your not in any/much pain. Can I ask how you managed to do that??

My little niece broke her wrist and like yourself in and out with little fuss. They put a softer cast on and told her mam to just remove it herself at home in a month, no follow up. It's funny that a few months ago I would have been disgusted by that. 'The lazy feckers won't even give the child a check up!' but right now I think it was a very sensible move. Kids heal so well.

She fell off her skates. Is that what happened you?

Hmmm... you'll probably think I am a peasant... but I buy Nespresso... it's convenient :) I do have some Guatemalan ground beans here but it goes against my lazy side and I couldn't be bothered dealing with that mess of the coffee thingamajig after :D

Have you tried reusable Nespresso capsules?

Have you tried reusable Nespresso capsules?

No Smurf, I didn't even know they existed! Are they offical? I used unoffical capsules on a previous machine and they wrecked it :(

Keep the coffee coming, Sephers.

*stands to attention*

Yes M'am!

*salutes*

I see Dave......well I suppose I'll forgive you seeing as you buy the Guatemalan beans now and again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

She fell off her skates. Is that what happened you?

Not quite, but not as far away as you might think - I fell out of a tree. Because I am apparently not in my late 20s, but 8. I mean I was cutting ivy off a hawthorn that is on the verge of falling if it's not freed, but of course my family are just focusing on the fact I fell from a tree. They are greatly amused and I am not sure I will ever be let forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    ....... I know the HSE has problems, but I really have nothing but positive things to say about from a personal perspective.

+1 to this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

It rained here earlier but has since stopped and I'm going to sneak in a walk before it decides to start again :)

• Advertisement

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Not quite, but not as far away as you might think - I fell out of a tree. Because I am apparently not in my late 20s, but 8. I mean I was cutting ivy off a hawthorn that is on the verge of falling if it's not freed, but of course my family are just focusing on the fact I fell from a tree. They are greatly amused and I am not sure I will ever be let forget it.

Hahaha this really made me laugh. Absolutely the spin my family would put on it too! :D

Still deskside, was gonna go for a walk down the park but I don't think I can be bothered, too many people down there the last while, people taking up footpaths chatting and not moving out of the way, clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Fuming watching Gemma O Dohertys stream yesterday on the quays. These people getting up working 12hr days to keep the rest of us safe, and they’re subjected to that abuse? Should have been dragged out of the car and arrested. Shameful behavior and am disgusted she’s taking it upon herself to speak for the Irish people, she doesn’t speak for me that’s for sure.

Listening to sloop John B in bed

*stands to attention*

Yes M'am!

*salutes*

I see Dave......well I suppose I'll forgive you seeing as you buy the Guatemalan beans now and again :cool:

Well now... that's the thing, I was gifted said Guatemalan coffee, by my friend/work colleague :D soooooo I can't take credit for buying it bro! #daveisapeasant

Fuming watching Gemma O Dohertys stream yesterday on the quays. These people getting up working 12hr days to keep the rest of us safe, and they’re subjected to that abuse? Should have been dragged out of the car and arrested. Shameful behavior and am disgusted she’s taking it upon herself to speak for the Irish people, she doesn’t speak for me that’s for sure.

She's a f&&king c&&t! My blood boils just reading her poxy name!

Screaming at the guards is it? christ on a bike....

I'm deskside, feeling restless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sun is shining and the washing line is full again :) Great drying weather :) I'm turning into Mrs Hinch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside and eating some crisps :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Sun is shining and the washing line is full again :) Great drying weather :) I'm turning into Mrs Hinch :D

Brilliant 😃

Just up from a nap, sephers loves nap time 😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Demolishing a large bar of Fruit & Nut.
    Tough job ( Someone has to do it )

Lucky Auto, no drying here today

Hello again,lovely internet people.
    Today is a great day full of new hope here in Widders Towers.

I'm still managing to be wound up like a spring but that will go with time.

Reading a book about ancient spirituality, in between lajndry and housework.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement