Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You've had a busy day aspie :) well done!

Night seph and aspie :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Traffic seems to have noticeably dropped off i think Mam. It's so frustrating, just hoping they can figure a fix next week..

Aspie, well done!.

Buile i think it might be decent brain dead watching so?.

Anewme, time is just weird with all that's going on, it will pass though (just slowly tonight since i'm stuck at work :P )

Some concentration required to follow the who's who of the different gangs Grem and the occasional subtitle to read.

I feel sick this evening. Hope I can sleep it off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah Sam Lloyd, the actor ya might know from Scrubs as Ted has died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Deja Boo wrote: »
    You've had a busy day aspie :) well done!

Night seph and aspie :)
    Traffic seems to have noticeably dropped off i think Mam. It's so frustrating, just hoping they can figure a fix next week..

Aspie, well done!.

Buile i think it might be decent brain dead watching so?.

Anewme, time is just weird with all that's going on, it will pass though (just slowly tonight since i'm stuck at work :P )

thanks guys :)

Halfway point in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Halfway point in the night.

3 and 1/2 hours til sunrise

I think your perspective can be quite different if you are up through the night, seeing the dawn from the 'wrong' side as it were.. How are you widders?

• Advertisement

I think your perspective can be quite different if you are up through the night, seeing the dawn from the 'wrong' side as it were.. How are you widders?

I didn't mean that to contradict the halfway point by the way :). I'm just really looking forward to the dawn :)

I'm very good, thanks. Id say you'll be glad to get some sleep.

I didn't mean that to contradict the halfway point by the way :). I'm just really looking forward to the dawn :)

I'm very good, thanks. Id say you'll be glad to get some sleep.

It's a beautiful time of the day. Definitely am looking forward to bed, few bad sleeps this week..

Sweet jeebus.

I was out for some air and without my contacts on, I couldnt tell what I was looking at. About 10feet away, pressed againt the hedge in the shadows, looked like a pale face shining in the darkness. Like someone standing there looking at me. It had to be something metal reflecting light from somewhere. I glared defiantly (and blindly) at it just in case it was a murderer, so it knew I'm not easily intimidated, then casually stepped back inside, locked the door and legged it into the kitchen to hide with the dog. My heart's going like the clappers.

Whoever's making the coffee, make mine double strength

Decaf for you until the heart calms down!. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sweet jeebus.

I was out for some air and without my contacts on, I couldnt tell what I was looking at. About 10feet away, pressed againt the hedge in the shadows, looked like a pale face shining in the darkness. Like someone standing there looking at me. It had to be something metal reflecting light from somewhere. I glared defiantly (and blindly) at it just in case it was a murderer, so it knew I'm not easily intimidated, then casually stepped back inside, locked the door and legged it into the kitchen to hide with the dog. My heart's going like the clappers.

Whoever's making the coffee, make mine double strength
    I recall sitting in tesco carpark no glasses on getting into a staring competition with who I thought was an old lady wearing a headscarf in the car in front of me. Her head never moved she just kept staring. So I stared back for what seemed like an age, thinking wtffff is her problem? Put on my glasses and realised I was having a stare down with a husky

There was a part of a hedge near my house that for some reason looked like a witch for years. went at it with a billhook and all but the shape always seemed to return, creepy kinda silhouette in the evening trying to get home :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

FRENS!!! Hello :) It's been a minute... stayed offline for a while and have been seriously limiting the time I spend browsing. Realised it was doing nothing for me so took it out. Anyway, how are we? All well and healthy? I'll stick the kettle on, currently bedside. As much as I ADORE summer months, I must say the sun shining in my window and waking me at 6am takes some getting used to :)

Well hello Supermouse, you've been offline a long time?. Oh head's up, boards is glitchy in strange ways, especially when traffic is heavier - now, you're all caught up!. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I've seen it happen in a few places i've worked, generally no big deal..

Deskside rolling my eyes hard..

I'd say it is a big deal....it's a cumulative case...if you cast your mind back about 12 years she was "stepped aside" from the afternoon show ..there were reports of bullying
    I'd say it's a case of poor me..big rte victimising me and I'm not a bad person time..

Tbh, if a dog bit her, I'd give the dog a rabies shot !

Morning all, suns shining, I've had my first coffee, back in the leaba but hoping to get going and make the best of it soon,just need to motivate...5 more mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Up for hours, hoovering about to be done. Feel loads better. Think I’ll be ready to parrrty in the next hour or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, sitting here with a Nespresso in my hand looking out the window at the traffic, we came out of a daily 9-5 lockdown a few days ago and malls reopened two days ago, so some normality returning. Although none of this new freedom applies to me as I’m still locked down by the company :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bed. Digesting the phases plans that the government released. Its depressing and good news at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Trigger Happy, if you are reading that, which phase do you think applies to house painters and kitchen installers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Trigger Happy, if you are reading that, which phase do you think applies to house painters and kitchen installers ?

Phase 3 due to low level of interaction imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff, woke up with a pain shooting up my lower back and was awake most of the night .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning all, was bright and sunny for a while but clouding over now.
    Time for coffee and some dark chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You'll have to post louder, I am wearing a towel.

Just back from run & out of shower.

Coffee & toast or put on pants first....

Toughest choice today.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Morning all, was bright and sunny for a while but clouding over now.
    Time for coffee and some dark chocolate

*slides plate over to poochie* 😸

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You'll have to post louder, I am wearing a towel.

Just back from run & out of shower.

Coffee & toast or put on pants first....

Toughest choice today.

Breakfast in a towel sounds like a plan to me. But of course in my head you look somewhat like Matthew McConaughey so I would say that!

I'm about to eat some fresh out of the oven sourdough and have a mug of 'the sweet stuff'.

Christ on a bike why won't this post. Boards is fecked altogether.

• Advertisement

Breakfast in a towel sounds like a plan to me. But of course in my head you look somewhat like Matthew McConaughey so I would say that!

I'm about to eat some fresh out of the oven sourdough and have a mug of 'the sweet stuff'.

Christ on a bike why won't this post. Boards is fecked altogether.

Coffee is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!

Sun is trying to burst through the clouds

Duvet and Mam looking good :D

Coffee is it?

Yeah. I was quoting you!

Yeah. I was quoting you!

I feel honoured 😸

I feel honoured 😸

You should!

Do you like Badger and Dodo. It's from cork isn't it? Or is it??

You should!

Do you like Badger and Dodo. It's from cork isn't it? Or is it??

Never heard of them until now, just googles, there up Barrack street, must pay them a visit sometime, are you drinking coffee from them?

Never heard of them until now, just googles, there up Barrack street, must pay them a visit sometime, are you drinking coffee from them?

I am. It's nice, definitely try it. See if gets the oul sephers stamp of approval!

I don't know which is the touch site and the other site but I use the older looking layout and I'm getting far fewer glitches than you all are. On my phone.

In the garden, after a long walk with Etta
    James singing to me. Looking forward to seeing o.h soon. The sun is winning out today. Going to be brown as a nut soon.

Going to be brown as a nut soon.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

:(

• Advertisement

See if gets the oul sephers stamp of approval!

Not an easy feat to get :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Just switched on the telly for the news. RTE2 are showing Julius Caesar-the exact same version we were shown back in 89 90 for the Inter Cert. Having some flashbacks watching it. Poor oul Jules is after getting a dawk of a knife and they're all plotting and scheming away.
    Was Shakespeare the only litary genius in history or did he pull some stroke that only his works were going to be used for posterity? I was hopeless to interpret plays poetry etc. An absolute waste of time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The Grumpier old Men is on Rte1 at the moment.. still holds up...jokes are a bit risque for afternoon viewing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The Grumpier old Men is on Rte1 at the moment.. still holds up...jokes are a bit risque for afternoon viewing :D

"You couldn't catch crabs off a ten dollar hooker."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

*slides plate over to poochie* 😸

Sorry Seph only seeing this now, with the site being slow*

*Whistles innocently and wipes chocolate from mouth 😇

:pac:

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

I'm not jealous.

:(

It does take longer if you're a redhead too.
    It doesn't last if there's two consecutive shady days (have a feeling it would take about 14 days of sun for it to last through a few cloudy days). It's possible, though.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Sorry Seph only seeing this now, with the site being slow*

*Whistles innocently and wipes chocolate from mouth 😇

:pac:

What were you wiping away from your mouth there poochie hmmmm ? 🤔

😸

Deskside with a cupan Tae and cinnamon buns my younger brother made

IMG20200502161117.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting outside with a coffee , dog beside me , and the birds don't mind us at all , they'll still feed away :)

What were you wiping away from your mouth there poochie hmmmm ? 🀔

😸

Deskside with a cupan Tae and cinnamon buns my younger brother made

IMG20200502161117.jpg

That looks so good Seph!!

*Slides plate across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, wondering when I'll be meeting my personal assistant again, this lockdown has taught me there's nothing like meeting in person

That looks so good Seph!!

*Slides plate across

*cuts in half and slides plate back over*

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement