Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good morning all, my newly purchased shows from Footlocker are out for delivery, yippee only took a week to deliver within the same city, but at least i can get back to walking again.

That’s my exciting piece of news for the day. :)

Of course i'll be nosy, i mean curious, what ya get?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Smashmouth "Allstar". Bit better. Wondering if the sun is going to shine. The heat is like a drug. If I have to light the fire...hmph.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast with honey, I noticed my honey jar is gone way down since I last used it, I wonder if a honeybear has been at it 🤔 😛😸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If you don't, it will make you look weak.

:P

I'll show you who's weak brother tedo

MarvelousSingleElk-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Watching The Get Down on Netflix, drinking coffee and eating red velvet cake.

Work research can be fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Happy accident, a taxi driver friend gave me a lift :)

I'll show you who's weak brother tedo

MarvelousSingleElk-size_restricted.gif

Reminds me of my female cat...she keeps attacking my male cat. The poor thing is neutered and quiet as a mouse abd sge terrorises him. When I see that ^^^ tail flick and ears back I put her outside.

Ahh couch. Time for a little netflix then bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had whiskey last night. Woke up drunk. It's going to be a horrific day.

• Advertisement

Ahh couch. Time for a little netflix then bed.

Deskside with the sweet stuff, I'll be opening a new batch tomorrow by the looks of it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Up early for a run, 800m and my headphones battery died. I hate running without music, I just can't get going so came home for brekkie and to charge the headphones.

Listening to Carole King's LP Tapestry, absolutely beautiful.

I'll head to the garden with my Kindle shortly, then I think its a cider in back garden type of day :)

Just rang the folks to say I'd be out in an hour to do their shopping, they said that tomorrow will do as SIL is dropping dinner to them, the relief, I may be still in the leaba after a few coffee trips,lazy day ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Sun is shining and I'm smiling :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh dear. Hair of the dog ? Put off the hangover till tomorrow :)

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    Oh dear. Hair of the dog ? Put off the hangover till tomorrow :)

No chance, nearly puking at the thought of it!

Flat 7up job for you so!. I couldn't sleep, ho hum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ah stop :D won’t be inviting you on a night out so

Ah stop :D won’t be inviting you on a night out so

A night out is fine...but a 36 hour session is beyond me.
    36 hours is just pre drinks for the likes of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Oops, SHOES, not SHOWS :):) My present pair have fallen apart thanks to the disinfectant that we are spraying on them everyday.

Just noticed a lovely green CARLSBERG beer truck driving down the road, I seriously wanted to chase it and see where they were going to deliver to :):) But knowing my luck, it will be be a second hand truck that someone purchased and didn’t bother to repaint :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's no worse hangover to have than a whiskey one.. Thoughts and prayers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

@Germs, yes my friend, I was offline (well, off Boards commenting-line anyway!) for a while. Just found myself overwhelmed with a lot of things and had to prioritise...
    I am back now though, in limited capacity ;) What a day my friends, sun is shining... birds are singing... food is flowing. Just been to Tesco for the shop, lovely smiley people, social distancing and just going about their day.
    Think I'll head kitchenside and make something yummy for lunch. Anyone feel like some Mexican wraps? Good. They're coming up !

Sitting watching a 2 part PBS documentary on the Hiroshima bomb and realising the ,not for the first time, that humans are cnuts.
    Since the turn of the 20th century humans have been at war, often genocidal.
    Far East in the 30's to the horrors of WWII to Serbia, Rwanda.
    Fcucking hell.

It's the only medicine !
    Now be a good boy and go down to the pub ... Oh wait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

In the back garden firing up the bbq.

I managed a lap of the park.
    The state of me today...people were probably looking at me and thinking I should be cocooning.

I hope you put them straight th. The over 70s are allowed out now!

I’m in the garden drinking cans. What a day to be alive

I hope you put them straight th. The over 70s are allowed out now!

I’m in the garden drinking cans. What a day to be alive

Its just cruel to be picking on me today. Have you no conscience?

Its just cruel to be picking on me today. Have you no conscience?

I'm loving reading this. The only reason I can think of is jealousy.pure jealousy.
    God I need to get out and have a blow out, badly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Stunning May Day today here in Dublin. Got out of the sack just an hour ago.

Off into the Phoenix Park to lie in the sun and do a bit of reading.

Later peeps! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's a gorgeous day , dinner over and done with , time to relax for the evening now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A bit overcast here now in the Mid-West, got out for a great two hour walk this afternoon, I'll tell you the pounds are falling off me with all the free time for extra exercise, and eating more healthy in general with being at home all of the time. Now time for a few Sunday evening beers, I'm loving these past few weeks of no work/no commute/no clock watching/no work deadlines to meet. Hope everyone on here is keeping safe and well.

Gorgeous day is right, spent most of it outside with the Kindle. Its amazing how much reading you can get through these days what with avoiding most media and not leaving the house :)

House cleaned, rubbish out, walk done, now couchside thinking about what flavor dinner and movie night should have. Italian?

Going to catch up on the thread now. Bit sick for a few hours but back to being a happy bunny again. Looked in the mirror just now and suddenly remembered an expression, wherever the hell I heard it. "Yer eyes are like two p**s holes in the snow!". I went from super healthy looking to drained in a few hours. Got a walk in the sun just now and glad some colour's returning.
    Can't do another 9 months looking like that! :):):)

* just over 7 months, really

Congrats Widders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congrats Widdershins :)

TY
    It doesnt take much to confuse me at the best of times but with lockdown I dont know what month let alone day it is and we dont know whether we're coming or going with o. h here and then away in another county then here and then back at work. . Need more precise information but it doesnt matter for now.

That’s great news widders!!

Great news Widdershins.x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finally sitting down after busy day cooking and cleaning.
    Just watching Antiques Roadshow and guy with James Bond memorabilia has hat worn by Oddjob in Goldfinger. It was completely battered as it had been flung around loads by the owner and his mates it was still worth £20-30k :eek:

Lovely feeling to have another day off, had a wee G&T before dinner in the evening sunshine. Little things!

I was confused there for a sec............congrats widders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

congrats widdershins :D

I'm couchside with the cat at my feet :) going for a walk was the only excitement around here :o

I was confused there for a sec............congrats widders.

Haha. I was just giving out (jokingly) about looking like death warmed up and I wasnt going to say anything but I decided to stick it on at the end. Im superstitious so I cant just say some things straight like a normal person would. Sorry :)

Congratulations Widdershins!

Awwwwh what lovely news. Congratulations Widdershins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Congrats and good luck Widdershins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Had to re read it a few times to get it. Lockdown thickness kicking in.

Congrats. Great News Widdershins!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Must say BBC4 show some really good programmes, great one on at the minute about about the history of Australian cinema, I know, I know, kind of nerd alert but it really is very interesting

anewme wrote: »
    Had to re read it a few times to get it. Lockdown thickness kicking in.

Hhahaha me too :o

I'm deskside with a cupan tae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Uuuuhhh. A boards baby! Great news Widdershins and congratulations!
    Now is it, Seph or Mak or Jupiter who's on the birth cert?!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement