Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I didn't want to restrict the choices, but that would my go-to one too DD.

I washed it,couldn't stick looking at it,also did the door and outside of one front window that the birds had heavily decorated..the window is now streaky rather than dirty..I give up. I'm going to go to the shop for milk, then couch ,a little tipple and wallow in the Glenroes, where dafuq did the weekend go?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey! It's normally me that wheedles dog pics put of people!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thread needs more dog pics :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Thread needs more dog pics :pac:

goggie-gif-wut-iz-wrong-wif-u

why thank you Olddog :)

awww :D doggo needs cuddletime!

presently am enjoying the MSPaint reveal in forum games :D omg, too much fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Hope you all enjoyed your day and someone mentioned chocolate :) I now realise I haven’t eaten chocolate in days :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

What the **** is up with boards?...couldn't access the site all weekend...only now caneed I get in but it's as slow as ****.
    Couch......evening all....may as well say hi for future times as well cos God only knows when I can get back in again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

gifted wrote: »
    What the **** is up with boards?...couldn't access the site all weekend...only now caneed I get in but it's as slow as ****.
    Couch......evening all....may as well say hi for future times as well cos God only knows when I can get back in again.

If you want you can try incognito mode on your browser, clear cache/history first.

gifted wrote: »
    Try dropping the hand on a mod 😂

This is the only thread not working for me. It won't bring me to the most recent posts. :(

• Advertisement

Watching something called Another Life, chewing gum for the brain kinda thing. I'm boooooored

Fecking database error so double post :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, just me and the cat, everyone else is in bed, lovely and quiet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching The Lake Erie Murders .
    Very quiet , still , night here .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm on my recliner, satisfied after 2 days enjoying vitamin N (nature).
    So much, vitamin D, oxygen and happy hormones got this weekend from walking in beautiful surroundings to do me a few weeks.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If you want you can try incognito mode on your browser, clear cache/history first.

You are a genius! It works.

Couchside with beer able to browse boards without risking high blood pressure. :D

This is the only thread not working for me. It won't bring me to the most recent posts. :(

Welcome to the glitch! That was on this thread before the recent stuff that's happening.

Page glitching , nothing new there .
    Turned off tv , YouTube instead , Johnny Hates Jazz which led to Howard Jones, Bronski Beat , then A Ha live on BBCOne (2018) .
    Morten Harker can still hit those notes !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Turned off tv , YouTube instead , Johnny Hates Jazz which led to Howard Jones, Bronski Beat , then A Ha live on BBCOne (2018) .

I have no idea who any of those are, MO4 :D

• Advertisement

what's this mean, mam?

seen it around boards before, posting with just full stops, but never understood.

They bring back some memories, loved them all particularly Bronski Beat.

Bedside, at least it's a short week, I haven't seen HB or Kathleen around, hope all ok with them.

I'm in a weird grumpy mood but at least this thread is working now.

Going down the YouTube rabbit hole. Sometimes it recommends the oddest thing. Just recommended a video from ten years ago of a dad climbing into his baby's crib and lying squeezed in there all night trying to keep her settled. But the top comment was the dad himself from the end of 2019 saying "I'm still in the crib! Maybe 2020 is the year I'll get out". I just went into such a fit of giggles. No man! Stay in the crib! 2020 is not the year!

They bring back some memories, loved them all particularly Bronski Beat.

Bedside, at least it's a short week, I haven't seen HB or Kathleen around, hope all ok with them.

Yea and Grace too.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    what's this mean, mam?

seen it around boards before, posting with just full stops, but never understood.

I usually just do it Deja when I'm glitched out tbh !

Purple Mountain, songs of my youth :D

Duvet , loved Bronski Beat too .
    Bishop of Hope hasn't posted in a while either .

I usually just do it Deja when I'm glitched out tbh !

Purple Mountain, songs of my youth :D

Bishop of Hope hasn't posted in a while either .

Maybe these posters are all having a cocoon fest together and we're not invited :(

Tuesday yo.. Hospital appointment at 11.00

Hope you're ok Gremlin!

All good, routine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting on the couch having my toes played with by someone who should be asleep as they’re up for work in 5 hours. I am drinking graham northons prosecco. Homeland is playing but I’m not watching it.

Sitting on the couch having my toes played with by someone who should be asleep as they’re up for work in 5 hours. I am drinking graham northons prosecco. Homeland is playing but I’m not watching it.

CoVid baby in 9 months on the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting watching'the expendables 2'
    Holy fcuk. What a load of crap.
    Stalone and stratham, joined by Bruce Willis , chuck Norris and Arnie to take on van damme.
    God I'm going to bed
    Night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

CoVid baby in 9 months on the way :)

Definitely not. Hahaha I’m going to tell this story because it’s so awkward but I think it’s hilarious every time I think about it. I laugh at all my own jokes but I’m not actually funny. So anyway, two years ago I spent the summer peeing like a race horse. I was convinced I had diabetes so wouldn’t go to the dr. Woke up one morning barely able to move with a pain in my back so I was like here’s me ****kked now anyway and decided to pay the 60 euro for the Midoc. Frugal bitch that I am though, want value for my money so I need to complain about more than my suspected diabetes. I had dry skin in my ear from my psoriasis. No big deal but while I’m there sure why not?

Anyway, in I go and do the pee test and turns out I’m rottttten with a kidney infection. Got scolded for ignoring it for a long time and was put on these really strong anti biotics with the warning I might need IV anti biotics so if I wasn’t feeling better in 3 days to go back. He looks in my ear and prescribed a fungal cream. Grand.

Knowing the anti biotics were strong, and I had big plans for my liver that weekend I googled them to see if you can drink on them. I found out they were used as an anti biotics for ghonorrea. I was traumatized. All I could think about was having to go into chemist with this script and having them think I was riddled.

So, off I go the next morning, and hand it in. “I have a kidney infection” I announce loudly. Your ones like ... okay? First thing that made me look like a weirdo.
    Next thing the young male pharmacist comes out and brings me into the consultation room, and he’s like, what contraception are you on? Me being the socially inept individual I am turned around and joked “my personality” and he’s standing there looking at me a bit horrified, blinking. He’s not laughing, which is making me laugh even more than the joke. He’s like.... okay .:. The pill won’t be effective with the anti biotics and barrier contraception will not be effective with the cream... I’m pretty mortified by now, just give me the medicine hun. So I’m like ya grand cheers thanks and leave, but as I’m walking out I’m wondering why barrier contraception wouldn’t be effective with ear cream, so again, the third weird moment was me turning back and saying “excuse me but why wouldn’t condoms work in my ear?” He’s like..... your ear???????????

He clearly thought I was absolutely riddled. I think it’s hilarious now but it was so awkward there that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Watching The Lake Erie Murders . Very quiet , still , night here .

Would you call it eerie?

Tuesday yo.. Hospital appointment at 11.00

Deja Boo wrote:
    Hope you're ok Gremlin!

All good, routine.

It is just the next phase of the gremlin to human transformation.

The ears. Tricky as every pair of glasses will have to be reconfigured too.

:D

Definitely not. Hahaha I’m going to tell this story because it’s so awkward but I think it’s hilarious every time I think about it. I laugh at all my own jokes but I’m not actually funny. So anyway, two years ago I spent the summer peeing like a race horse. I was convinced I had diabetes so wouldn’t go to the dr. Woke up one morning barely able to move with a pain in my back so I was like here’s me ****kked now anyway and decided to pay the 60 euro for the Midoc. Frugal bitch that I am though, want value for my money so I need to complain about more than my suspected diabetes. I had dry skin in my ear from my psoriasis. No big deal but while I’m there sure why not?

Anyway, in I go and do the pee test and turns out I’m rottttten with a kidney infection. Got scolded for ignoring it for a long time and was put on these really strong anti biotics with the warning I might need IV anti biotics so if I wasn’t feeling better in 3 days to go back. He looks in my ear and prescribed a fungal cream. Grand.

Knowing the anti biotics were strong, and I had big plans for my liver that weekend I googled them to see if you can drink on them. I found out they were used as an anti biotics for ghonorrea. I was traumatized. All I could think about was having to go into chemist with this script and having them think I was riddled.

So, off I go the next morning, and hand it in. “I have a kidney infection” I announce loudly. Your ones like ... okay? First thing that made me look like a weirdo.
    Next thing the young male pharmacist comes out and brings me into the consultation room, and he’s like, what contraception are you on? Me being the socially inept individual I am turned around and joked “my personality” and he’s standing there looking at me a bit horrified, blinking. He’s not laughing, which is making me laugh even more than the joke. He’s like.... okay .:. The pill won’t be effective with the anti biotics and barrier contraception will not be effective with the cream... I’m pretty mortified by now, just give me the medicine hun. So I’m like ya grand cheers thanks and leave, but as I’m walking out I’m wondering why barrier contraception wouldn’t be effective with ear cream, so again, the third weird moment was me turning back and saying “excuse me but why wouldn’t condoms work in my ear?” He’s like..... your ear???????????

He clearly thought I was absolutely riddled. I think it’s hilarious now but it was so awkward there that day

Jesus H Christ, that has me actually laughing out hard.
    You sound like my kinda gal :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast with honey , sounds fierce windy outside .

Shoes....you're too funny :)

Hope this site gets fixed today, it's driving me potty!!
    Last day of 7 at work! Who hoo, 2moro is my treat /cheat day from my diet..... Now to decide pizza or BBQ.... Mmmm.
    Definitely some alcohol anyway:)

I may have to post some doggy pics 2moro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff......I won't lie this batch is going down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Tableside with tea. Charging the phone. Pondering. Listen to Savage Garden :D

Tableside with coffee about to start work work. I'm not in the mood for this today, but needs must.

Enjoy the weather, wherers!

• Advertisement

Site seems to be ok again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Are you presently getting a load of notification emails from messages that were posted a week ago? I have gotten over 100 emails in the last hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I demand to have some booze!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sun shining, wind blowing, boards fixed...all good in East Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Goddam you work getting in the way of fun!
    *shakes fist at the sky angrily*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭thomil

Home office deskside. Finally got through the 150 work emails that came in over the long weekend.

Wind is blowing, the sky is overcast meaning I don’t have to pull the blinds, and Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos are playing on the stereo. Life is good :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Nice to boards working again, it was intolerably slow.. so much so I gave up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Is it true? Is it working? I've lost count of the number of posts I typed for this thread that got timed out. I gave up in the end.

Without further ado: Belated birthday and anniversary wishes, congrats to those with excellent news, condolences to those who lost loved ones.

I'm still here in the cocoon riding the emotional roller coaster. Me and Dad went for a stroll today for the first time since cocooners were ordered to stay confined to home. We wore face masks which I think worked as a visual cue to remind others to keep away. I found it strange but lovely to be out. Lovely fresh breeze there.

Kinda peckish so gonna cook something now. Hope my post makes it to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Nice to see you back Sardi-cat

I'm in a bit of a funk... nothing serious.... but absolutely no will to do anything today..so I might force myself to tackle the bathroom soon ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

False rejoice - just went to the information security forum and it's a mess...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement