Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"...my whole existence is flawed,
    You get me closer to god.

You can have my isolation...I drink the honey from your hive...you are the reason I stay alive"

New earphones working well. Taking a break after painting. Enhanced sense of smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Yippee...boards is working again. Five days of virtual isolation is enough.😄

Deskside with a tea ready for a reading marathon. 😉

My last good deed didn’t go unpunished. Cleaned a gamer keyboard for a friend and returned from his place with another two plus a not working bt mouse. At least i can keep one as it is a no gamers keyboard. All i need is a working computer now...😜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lying on the couch spending money I don’t have on lounge wear sets I can’t wear outside thinking about what I’ll get in the shop to make dinner. It’ll be a late dinner as he won’t be home til about 8.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sat on the couch feeling disconnected from everything, was going to worry but I'll just take it as a break instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and two kinder mini bars :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Sun has gone into hiding but still nice and bright :)

Having a me day today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, playing quiz planet with my personal assistant online, see if I can beat her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Living my best life
    https://ibb.co/yq9WPbg

All the windows and doors open in the conservatory so I can see the garden but don’t have to go out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I cut the grass. I hate cutting grass. I made cottage pie. I love cottage pie. I want beer. I have no beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Grandeeod wrote:
    I cut the grass. I hate cutting grass. I made cottage pie. I love cottage pie. I want beer. I have no beer.

Ah now surely a man that's after cutting the grass and making a cottage pie deserves a bottle of suds. As a reward like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »

Beer must be sourced as a matter of urgency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Living my best life
    https://ibb.co/yq9WPbg

All the windows and doors open in the conservatory so I can see the garden but don’t have to go out

We need an intervention here folks...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Seriously hoping that Grandeeod has resolved his beer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside after a super two hour walk in the rain, refreshing so it was, miserable old evening out there now so a new book about to be chosen from the TBR pile.

Think I'll have to pick myself up and go for a walk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the bus heading across town from my place to my partner's pharmacy to collect vital medications for him, as he is in a bad low, and taken to bed.

Passing through town, there are a lot of people out and about - it is a stunning day after all. But there is more traffic on the streets than I've seen since the lockdown began 6 weeks ago.

Just home from a walk on the beach with the dog. Have been avoiding it because its been too busy with people, so haven't been in ages. But today is cold, windy and raining. The perfect conditions for a quiet walk! My dog was absolutely delighted and so was I.

Now for some pasta.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the bus heading across town from my place to my partner's pharmacy to collect vital medications for him, as he is in a bad low, and taken to bed.

Passing through town, there are a lot of people out and about - it is a stunning day after all. But there is more traffic on the streets than I've seen since the lockdown began 6 weeks ago.

Sorry to hear about your partner. I'm lucky not to be one who suffers from lows and appreciate it more now than ever. I get stressed and angry and snappy, but that's nothing in comparison to what you have described. I hope he gets better soon.

As for anyone out unnecessarily (and I've noticed more traffic recently passing in and out of my estate) probably brain fart numpties. Yes its hard staying home, I don't doubt that in any way. I'm struggling myself. I havent been beyond 3kms of my house since March 9th.:eek: But complacency could lead to more damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying bedside in a food coma :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Glitch (sigh)

• Advertisement

Still glitching

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Glitch (sigh)

B*tch :)

Today is loooooong

Today is loooooong

I concur

Tea and reading subtitles here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nothing exciting to report here , just the usual daily stuff , cooking , cleaning , that's not necessarily a bad thing though :)

While the grass may be cut, my hair isn't. I've reached the point where I really need a hair cut. Tried to buy a barber gadget online and everywhere is sold out of home versions. Cannot afford the 120 quid + pro versions. So gonna get Mrs G to do it the old fashioned way tomorrow. Wet hair. Crimp with comb, snip with scissors. She's doubled over with laughter at the thoughts of her dodgey stroke hand controlling it all safely.:D:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Damn you, G! You always get the grass cut before me. :D

Same old, same old here, but I'm settling into a routine of suspended reality.

I've missed a lot of this thread with all the problems the site had so I hope all of you and your lived ones are coping ok.

Sorry to hear about your partner, Jupiter. I can't offer advice, but if he's up to it a walk in the Phoenix Park might life his spirits.

Embarrassed answer ashamed to say that when I read 'dodgy stroke hand' I took it to mean a hand that gives a dodgy stroke. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You've got to love the glitch , at least she's a consistent b!tch :pac:

• Advertisement

Embarrassed answer ashamed to say that when I read 'dodgy stroke hand' I took it to mean a hand that gives a dodgy stroke. ...

That's okay.:D

Please someone help.
    I'm turning into Shoes. Rose on a Tuesday night. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I think the glitch is karma for this place being in the gutter.

It never happened when you were all clean minded.

Deskside thinking about making a cuppa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Never seems to happen me therefore

Teddo is Correcto

*** rushes off to polish halo

Grandeeod wrote: »
    ......As for anyone out unnecessarily (and I've noticed more traffic recently passing in and out of my estate) probably brain fart numpties. Yes its hard staying home, I don't doubt that in any way. I'm struggling myself. I havent been beyond 3kms of my house since March 9th.:eek: But complacency could lead to more damage.

Went walking this evening. The Offie in the nearest village has a notice up that they will reopen on 8th May ( Friday ) :eek:

@G re: hair clippers I got a cordless Wahl from a Tesco extra a few weeks back - was about €25.

Please someone help.
    I'm turning into Shoes. Rose on a Tuesday night :(

I'm no help,I'm on the red ,in my defense work was busy and stressful, I can see a change in people, the 'be kind' motto is starting to be forgotten and its going back to normal unfortunately, I took no prisoners though,wasn't in the mood for crap today.

Genuinely didn't think I'd walk today but that Fitbit is a tough task master, went out in the rain about 6.30 and said I'd do 20mins, came home 80 mins later, soaked but feeling great,I've had wine,peanuts, potato wedges and fresh rolls with gorgeous Irish rainbow tomatoes from Aldi,its no mystery why I'm not losing weight lol ...waiting for Normal People on RTE to finish the night off with a little raunchy action.😛

I'm no help,I'm on the red ,in my defense work was busy and stressful, I can see a change in people, the 'be kind' motto is starting to be forgotten and its going back to normal unfortunately, I took no prisoners though,wasn't in the mood for crap today.

Genuinely didn't think I'd walk today but that Fitbit is a tough task master, went out in the rain about 6.30 and said I'd do 20mins, came home 80 mins later, soaked but feeling great,I've had wine,peanuts, potato wedges and fresh rolls with gorgeous Irish rainbow tomatoes from Aldi,its no mystery why I'm not losing weight lol ...waiting for Normal People on RTE to finish the night off with a little raunchy action.😛

Enjoy, it's a brilliant series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, playing quiz planet with my personal assistant online, see if I can beat her :D

I lost :( Oh well..

Just watched the start of season 3 of 'the a word' (a programme about autism), twas interesting :)

Am I alone in having no interest in watching Normal people

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

Nope........it's too raunchy for my innocent mind 😇😇

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

No. Nothing has ever appealed to me less.

Am I alone in having no interest in watching Normal people ....

I'm waiting for the sequel

( Normal Doging )

Phew :D

Could be the reason I have no interest in Netflix either

Can someone help me with my ignorance?
    I was pointed to Borrowbox from here when I enquired about how to cope without physical books now libraries are closed.
    How come some books are 'on loan', actually most books and I can't currently check them out?
    They're not hard copy books so why can't multiple people be able to read one book at the same time?

Glitch!!!!

• Advertisement

Glitch!!!!

Unglitch!.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just calling in to say I love all of you.

Nannite and until next time :)

Night Widders, sleep well :)

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Night everyone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement