Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The Kerry version of BDSM gone bad?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching a Russian crime thing called The Method, feckin loving it once I gave it a chance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Wow we are really showing our age tonight. My first introduction to the “web” was using email requests to getweb servers, we had a compound bulletin board so emails got delivered to the USA 4 times a day, so you would send a page request, wait for the response, send another request for part of the page, wait again, over and over, it would take two days to build the front page of the Irish Times.

Also downloaded my first video this way, it came in 96 parts that had to be joined together, needless to say this took a few attempts to get all 96 parts and cost me a bloody fortune in transmission charges, but boy was it fun :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the birds and watching the sky changing colour...

Got my passport out, I’m going a travelling, first time leaving this country since i came back from Switzerland on the 03rd March :):)

Just hoping that i dont get dumped into quarantine when i come back :):)

Deskside, feeling awful and the same yesterday, have taken 2 paracetamol but feel so sick,its been raining heavily here now for almost 48hrs and its depressing, taking a half day,dinner is prepped and will call out to the folks later with it,then I think I will just hit the leaba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

Nice and bright day here so far :)

Once upon a time this thread would have been bustling along in the morning , lyrics of the day to give us an earworm too ...

Home , shopping done and put away , coffee time :)

I have course work to submit tomorrow and my laptop has been broken all week so I haven't been able to type it up. I had to handwrite the last of it and I have one little bit to do but needed laptop to source the info.

I've been waiting for himself to fix it but he didn't have the time with his own work until yesterday evening. So I have loads to do now today but I slept awful last night and have a terrible headache. So I'm lying on the sofa waiting for painkillers to kick in and both my cats are lying on top of me so maybe I should stay here forever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside just back from a walk, my feet are killing me, I only did 10000 steps .
    So I'm lying on the sofa waiting for painkillers to kick in and both my cats are lying on top of me so maybe I should stay here forever!!!

Ohhhh can't move anywhere now..........Wait till the cats move at least anyway, there happiness trumps all :3

Hotel bound, the health officials took our temperatures and off we went 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Mam of 4 wrote:
    Once upon a time this thread would have been bustling along in the morning , lyrics of the day to give us an earworm too ...

Twas all fields here once.... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm so tired of being sore waa waa waa etc. Fcuk it I'm grand could be worse, here comes the tea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The day is flying by. Am on calls all day and not getting real work done.
    Wish I could multi task like a lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Glitch

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Glitch

It's getting rather annoying now

You wouldn't think there was anything happening in the town that I'm in now.

Starving here. Wishing the pot of pasta to cook ! Come on!

Twas all fields here once.... :D

Tis still all fields where I am :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Tis still all fields where I am :D

:(

Housing estate went up outside the bedroom window in the last few years here.

*** Packs up and moves to Mam's :)
    iSf5Lw8kCIXVNMJ7Z-WPHUGornKdRzl8jZ4Pt9xXQ1v95HXe7hUbkysQibBo_xUkLPUKV5nts-FwBmmTRyWEsv0SXDxIPk8z-eJw-Gn8eA

0lddog wrote: »

Housing estate went up outside the bedroom window in the last few years here.

*** Packs up and moves to Mam's :)
    iSf5Lw8kCIXVNMJ7Z-WPHUGornKdRzl8jZ4Pt9xXQ1v95HXe7hUbkysQibBo_xUkLPUKV5nts-FwBmmTRyWEsv0SXDxIPk8z-eJw-Gn8eA

Lol , no problem at all , lovely fields to walk around , a river in case you're panting too much and haven't a bowl of water to hand :p

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    It's getting rather annoying now

You wouldn't think there was anything happening in the town that I'm in now.

Your pic reminded me, my grans nursing home put up a video of a duck and all her tiny chicks strutting through the corridors of the home. Cutest thing ever. I hope my gran saw them, that would make her so happy.

We basically picked that home because they have ducks and geese and chickens and cats and therapy dogs that visit and when I asked could I bring my own dogs in to see her they practically laughed at me for even asking. The last day I brought Khali in all the staff were all over her, delighted.

My gran is like me or I should say, I'm like her, we're animal obsessed and with Alzheimer's animals are about the only thing that can still make her really happy.

Speaking of Khali.. look at the state of these two..

512079.jpeg

We’ll all pack our bags and move to Mam’s ;) we can social distance :D

Just had a nosebleed for the first time in about 12 years and probably the third time in my life. What a disgusting feeling and my jumper's ruined.

Just had a nosebleed for the first time in about 12 years and probably the third time in my life. What a disgusting feeling and my jumper's ruined.

Here they are! Ah so cute!

512080.png

512081.png

Edited to add: Now I can't stop singing..

Here we come, waddling down the street, get the funniest looks from, everyone we meet.. hey hey we're the ducklings!!!

Glitch

Glitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ah god, glad that day is over, was on Teams meetings all day and exhausted. Didn’t sleep too well last night, was it me or was it very warm?
    Going to have dinner and then veg out for a while but can’t see myself lasting very long.

Still smarting over the lack of cornettos in my groceries yesterday and next delivery isn’t until next week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside with a cooled black tea in hand. Back from a nice roadside bimble by bike.🚲☀️

Actually i checked three shops along to find more suet balls for the granny next door. She is feeding the local birds all year long. Unsuccessful but it was a nice day anyway. Found something really cute along the bicycle route. First picture reads...

STOP! These stones are more than only coloured ones! Every single one is a symbol for someone who has to stay at home. Especially children should see that they are not alone. Everybody is allowed to colour a stone. Doesn’t matter if small or large, if you are young or old and it doesn’t matter how many you are colouring.

Let our stony snake grow! Can we make it till Ihringen?

Please stay at the green side of the way and keep the road junctions free for tractors and cars. A game for all but without contact. A bit of fresh air for all.

Stay at home and stay healthy!

A fantastic idea in times of Corona to keep the kids busy. In a way i still hope they never reach Ihringen, the next village, as this would mean too long a time with this stupid virus. 🤔😄

That's a wonderful idea! Love it black forest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Time to put mouse traps in the Barna shed. The cat has lead me to the location.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Time to put mouse traps in the Barna shed. The cat has lead me to the location.

Is that like the west wing?. :p

Is that like the west wing?. :p

Nah. Just a weather beaten shed that hasn't been painted in two years. I've just let the cat into it. Hoping to save a few quid on traps in these challenging times.

Go cat! :D

Go cat! :D

She's still in there. Hopefully earning her keep.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    She's still in there. Hopefully earning her keep.

Feasting on beasties, give her a wee bbq for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, in a food coma :P

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

...and roadside again.😄

Got an emergency call from a friend. Free dinner, beers and lodging when i pretend to be him and sort his internet problems for him via phone tomorrow morning.

So a night without internet is looming. Who cares if food and drink are for free.😂

Those ducklings are too cute :D

I'm sitting in the garden and you'd think it was the middle of Spain :) Sun is shining so brightly

• Advertisement

Eating rosemary crackers, yum.

Still glorious here :) saw a bar of a certain chocolate today and it reminded me of a certain poster and I hope they’re keeping well :)

90 day fiancé is giving me all the feels tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Me too auto.

I’m in the kitchen after dinner, made pasta bake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

so sick... canceling visit to doctor tomorrow :/ second time this week

Deja Boo wrote: »

What's up?. I'll fetch soup and hot water bottle for a start.

• Advertisement

Just a bout of Labyrinthitis - fun times.
    Thank you Grem, very kind.
    Am just whining, sorry!

Deja we are on the way

Sweeeeeeeeet! love love love doggo help :D thank you for the smiles Auto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am living life to the full.
    In bed out of boredom.

Deja , would you not go to the doctors if it's anyway physically possible ?
    Hugs to you x

Pure Mule is on RTE2 at 10.30 pm ...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement