Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just woke up on the couch. The moon is shining in the window. I was obviously abandoned here. I may be awkward going to bed just to annoy Mrs G.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You asleep long G-man? It's suddenly gone kinda foggy here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning time for me, so gonna have a Nespresso and go walking before it gets too hot. I don’t actually what’s my present status, I got moved to a different part of this hotel, but no one told me anything after that, so I don’t know how long I’m supposed to be here or if I’m allowed do any work :)

The joys of life :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Smurf you're almost the invisible man! Actually, that'd be mad handy for free travel around the world, a pro i hadn't thought of..

You asleep long G-man? It's suddenly gone kinda foggy here..

Nodded off around 11.30. Awake again now.

Wouldn’t mind being the invisible man if I had a bottle of Jameson to keep me company, NA Beer just doesn’t cut it :) Easter Sunday was the last time that I got to enjoy a drink before we ran out of it :)

Well G at least you got some sleep. Hopefully you have a nice kinda day, last of the good weather for a few days i believe

@Grandeeod, you may as well stay up at this stage, hows the weather.

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Grandeeod, you may as well stay up at this stage, hows the weather.

Misty. But the sun is trying to break through. Gonna stay up and have the cornflakes in the garden once the sun is out.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Misty. But the sun is trying to break through. Gonna stay up and have the cornflakes in the garden once the sun is out.

I'm thinking tea and toast outside to celebrate relief at a bad pain night being finished.. Corn flakes are too noisy in my head before bed.

@Smurf, wait, you are like totally out of drink? :eek:

Yep, totally, ran out of it at Easter. Since we moved to this hotel I’m 40 minutes away from where I can get it, and unfortunately with the number of police checkpoints that exist these days, no one is willing to risk bringing it to me :)

So I’m stuck with Apple Cider vinegar and non-alcoholic beer :)

No liquor / no chocolate sweets = absolutely zero weight loss.

@Smurf, ouch man, i'd nearly send you some!. I didn't bother much at the start but recently there have been a few days where it's been just perfect for a cold drink followed by a bit of whiskey central heating :pac:

Gotta go do my walk before it gets too hot, it’s now 30 degrees C.

You are making me jealous, one of the finest pleasures in life is sitting with a lovely whiskey in a proper glass talking to friends. Around here people love Johnny Walker Black which doesn’t fall into my lovely whiskey category.

Currently out of fire water myself but I'll rectify that maybe Monday.. Probably a good thing today as it'd be a good post work painkiller :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Don't know how anyone is capable of functioning on fire water. I can't take a sip of wine without feeling queezy.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Don't know how anyone is capable of functioning on fire water. I can't take a sip of wine without feeling queezy.

I think it's very much "horses for courses" and wine is not for me, nope no siree bob. I've enough vices anyway!.
    All well I hope Boo?

I think it's very much "horses for courses" and wine is not for me, nope no siree bob. I've enough vices anyway!.
    All well I hope Boo?
    Don't blame you, wine is rather yucky tasting. Thanks, am feeling a lot better than thursday. Hope you can get some much needed relaxing done this weekend Gremlin.

Did someone mention “fire water”? Around here that means distilled water and sugar with yeast, needs to be pushed the system 3 times or it will kill you, literally dead. the end result is pure alcohol that if your burn it will show no impurities, called SID which is short for Siddiqui (My friend ), but it is best not to get too friendly with it :):)

Gremlin, do you name your dragon babies?

• Advertisement

Sheesh, that sounds more like poison water, smurf :eek:

Gremlin, do you name your dragon babies?

Not anymore, I've a few hundred now so i ran out of inspiration :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

A beer I bought yesterday...coz it looked badass :D

Is it lunch time yet?

@Panda Killa, its certainly looks bad ass, but matcha green tea?

What did it taste like ?

Sheesh, that sounds more like poison water, smurf :eek:

Look at the deaths of tourists in Asia who have died after drinking fake booze, and this is the same stuff, hence the desire not to buy it off a street seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Another glorious day out there, got my walk done at 8.30 a.m, just after eating a lovely home made scone, a batch just out of the oven delivered by our neighbour to our door this morning. A few jobs to do in the garden now, another walk up the lane in the afternoon and then sit in the sunshine with a few beers for the evening. Long live the lockdown :D

@Panda Killa, its certainly looks bad ass, but matcha green tea?

What did it taste like ?

Haven't had it yet....I like my whiskey and beer....the more unusual, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I found a shop that had strong white and wholemeal flour. Is it sad that this is excitement for me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I found a shop that had strong white and wholemeal flour. Is it sad that this is excitement for me?
    I feel your excitement. Wholemeal I haven't seen in what seems like years!

• Advertisement

No I'm seriously jealous!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

I hope the sun is shining where ever you are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Look at the deaths of tourists in Asia who have died after drinking fake booze, and this is the same stuff, hence the desire not to buy it off a street seller.

A few years ago a boards user died in Indonesia I think from fake booze, very young girl. Very sad.

Contemplating life and other peoples

is_that_so wrote: »
    I feel your excitement. Wholemeal I haven't seen in what seems like years!

It was in this little artisan vegetable shop. Organic strong white for 2.99 and wholemeal for 3.25.

Beside myself now figuring out what to make.

A few years ago a boards user died in Indonesia I think from fake booze, very young girl. Very sad.

Contemplating life and other peoples

A contemplation of my life at the moment would be very brief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

I hope the sun is shining where ever you are :)

Do they deliver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Absolutely gorgeous here too !
    Graves done , bought some Marigolds on the way home , no , not the marigolds for scrubbing with , the ones for the garden :D

Coffee first then outside it is :)

After four months auditioning for a boyband, it was time to accept reality and invest in a shaving kit. Blades, tapers the whole caboodle. A handheld mirror and I was off to the races. Didn't take more than ten minutes, a sibling was on hand to tidy up the back. Pleased with the result, will keep this ritual going. Hairdressers nixing it at 3/4 times the normal price can shove off to an unholy place.

I'm taking a half hour break in the garden. Soaking up some vitamin D (for the good of my health like!)

My husky mix and retriever are both lying out in the grass happy out but my little terrier is sitting under my deck chair with just his head peeping out. He can't hack the heat at all. But he looks so cute!

Gonna pick some lavender now in a minute and fill a couple of vases for aesthetics purposes and to make the house smell nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Lying on the couch after getting a heap done in the garden. Overdid in the heat for too long I think but glad to get it done all the same. A few refreshments later to replenish my lost fluids... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside watching pure mule, great series , watched it back in the day, 05 and not since then, captured small town Ireland perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A few refreshments later to replenish my lost fluids... :D

Something similar here, got a nice bit done tipping around the garden and off out for the second walk of the day shortly, it's great to be able to spend so much time in the outdoors rather than being coped up inside. We've also made the executive decision to order a takeaway from the local chippy later as haven't gotten one in weeks and the fridge is a bit bereft of bbq supplies, and damned if we're heading to town to the supermarket. The fridge is brimming with liquid refreshments for later though :D

Sun is out...it's warm...and it's been constant thunder for 45 minutes now!

Sun is out...it's warm...and it's been constant thunder for 45 minutes now!

Sun splitting the stones here. A day for the outdoors. And BBQ. And cheeky tipples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Deskside watching pure mule, great series , watched it back in the day, 05 and not since then, captured small town Ireland perfectly.

It's brilliant isn't it?
    RTE2 are airing it again , Thursday nights @10.30pm .

05? Wow , didn't realise it was that long ago tbh Seph .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Have not been in a good place for over a week. Not sure if it is lack of social contact that's got to me or something else. Anyway today I woke up after more than 3 hours sleep and I ate 2 meals. Woohoo. Feel nearly normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Delighted to see you back Kathleen. Hope this week is better for you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's brilliant isn't it?
    RTE2 are airing it again , Thursday nights @10.30pm .

05? Wow , didn't realise it was that long ago tbh Seph .

Series 2, two episodes came out in 2010, you're man who played shamie died before that unfortunately .

Still deskside, hiding away from the world today, even though its a beautiful day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, it's a smashing day here in Tipp, I might have some coke & vodka later on :D

Getting my sit on, back garden style. In a heap but I'll let the heat try fix me up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement