Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Have not been in a good place for over a week. Not sure if it is lack of social contact that's got to me or something else. Anyway today I woke up after more than 3 hours sleep and I ate 2 meals. Woohoo. Feel nearly normal.

Good to hear x

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So you had temperatures of 22C today? I think that i beat you as we hit 40C, bit early in the year for these obscene temperatures and unfortunately it kinda shows that COVID wont burn off in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A lot of thunder here too but if that's the price we pay for the glorious sunshine I'll happily pay :)

Great to see you back Kathleen ((hugs))

Just took another break in the sunshine. There was a crow in the garden taunting the dogs. They worked together to catch him but sure they didn't stand a chance. I swear the crow was loving watching them make eejits of themselves.

I have so much to bloody do today and I keep having to come into boards to vote in the game of thrones comp. Yes I do have to. I HAVE to.

Glad you're feeling better Kathleen.

Damn glitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

smurfjed wrote: »
    So you had temperatures of 22C today? I think that i beat you as we hit 40C, bit early in the year for these obscene temperatures and unfortunately it kinda shows that COVID wont burn off in the summer.

We were on holiday in February, and I got sunburned in 16° I would actually die in 40°, I fainted one day in work in 2017 the really hot summer we had because I was too warm. Built for comfort not heat me.

About to have dinner. Pasta bake. Again. Why did I make so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Series 2, two episodes came out in 2010, you're man who played shamie died before that unfortunately .

Still deskside, hiding away from the world today, even though its a beautiful day.

You ok Seph ?
    Kathleen , good to see you back :)

Buile , it's great when you can sit outside with the dog , or in your case dogs , and the birds still come down around to feed , love it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sitting in the garden listening to the distant thunder. Suppin a beer. The sun is popping in and out. The cat is sitting on the shed roof. Doesn't give a flyin fiddlers fook.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Sitting in the garden listening to the distant thunder. Suppin a beer. The sun is popping in and out. The cat is sitting on the shed roof. Doesn't give a flyin fiddlers fook.:D

No sooner did I post that when the heavens opened and the rain poured down. Indoor beer now.

We were on holiday in February, and I got sunburned in 16° I would actually die in 40°, I fainted one day in work in 2017 the really hot summer we had because I was too warm. Built for comfort not heat me.

You had a holiday in 2020 :):) you need to get that slogan put on a t-shirt.

I jump between two cities, this one is bloody hot and dry, my home city is a little bit cooler but humid, it’s the humidity that kills me, and of course my official uniform includes a lovely jacket all year around.

• Advertisement

Went to the hotel buffet to get some yoghurt for breakfast, I couldn’t resist their chocolate mousse, and now I wanna go back and get lots more, HELP :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went to the hotel buffet to get some yoghurt for breakfast, I couldn’t resist their chocolate mousse, and now I wanna go back and get lots more, HELP :)

I can loan you a bucket and spade to fill up?.

I might just take you up on that offer, that’s the problem with sugar, addictive as ....

You had a holiday in 2020 :):) you need to get that slogan put on a t-shirt.

I jump between two cities, this one is bloody hot and dry, my home city is a little bit cooler but humid, it’s the humidity that kills me, and of course my official uniform includes a lovely jacket all year around.

Haha yes we went to Los Angeles the end of nov/dec for thanksgiving. I had a rough Xmas and he booked a surprise week to Malta the end of February. We were supposed to be going to Vegas in April but obviously that didn’t happen. It was strange being in Malta, it was really ramping up in Italy whilst we were away and then of course we flew back in to Dublin on the 28th, and in the baggage hall there was a lady with a mask surrounded by paramedics with masks, I was freaked beyond belief. That was the day it was announced that someone who flew into Dublin was a confirmed case in NI, the first confirmed case. No more holidays this year, we were hoping to do Cancun for my birthday (though I say this every year) so obviously that won’t happen this year. I never go away in the summer, I’m so fair I wouldn’t be able to deal with it. So glad we got to go when we did!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Back for a little visit, guys. Me and my little child of light are well. I cant catch up on such a fast moving thread so I hope you are all ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hiya Widders, good to hear from you. All ok here, off to work soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I kinda wish today would not end. It's been bordering on perfection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

What have you been doing?

I'm very emotional tonight. Can't stop crying and laughing.
    Thinking about people I love, and friends, the ones departed this world and the ones Im still fortunate enough to still have, all the people the Universe has blessed me with. Even strangers from the internet. It's a rare thing these days to be gifted with special people.
    And thinking about the kind of world my child is joining. I want to make it better.

• Advertisement

I'm very emotional tonight. Can't stop crying and laughing.
    Thinking about people I love, and friends, the ones departed this world and the ones Im still fortunate enough to still have, all the people the Universe has blessed me with. Even strangers from the internet. It's a rare thing these days to be gifted with special people.
    And thinking about the kind of world my child is joining. I want to make it better.

Oh wow!

Widders did you just have a baby??

Hello! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What have you been doing?

Living the vida loca KG!

A wild Perse appears, people are super pleased :D

A wild Perse appears, people are super pleased :D

I just had a read of a few posts. Saw Widders last one and wondered so I searched her posts to find a kind of cryptic "I'm pregnant" post and now this! Awww. That's lovely. Happy for you widders :)

Despite being a cantankerous a-hole mostly, I really do like making people smile :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Looks like everyone has made an appearance now, except Guy. Hope he's doing OK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed, I changed into my muscle man t-shirt and shorts as I'm roasting :3.

Oh wow!

Widders did you just have a baby??

Hello! :D

Not yet but I hope to. I'm pregnant but I've been through the mill with a gynae condition and I'm in my mid 30s so this child is everything to me, as is her dad. But also s*** scared every day. I love your posts and I'm glad you're still around:)

Lying on my bed, I changed into my muscle man t-shirt and shorts as I'm roasting :3.

Well well well..look who showed up, I guess she heard there was crackers in the thread and decided to come in because poly wants a cracker! :pac: :pac:

A muscle shirt, eh?. Are they painted on?. :P Anyway you mean a vest type top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Not yet but I hope to. I'm pregnant but I've been through the mill with a gynae condition and I'm in my mid 30s so this child is everything to me, as is her dad. But also s*** scared every day. I love your posts and I'm glad you're still around:)

I've my fingers crossed... had 7 attempts at IVF before my daughter was born, so I have a little inkling of what you've been through
    Best of luck Widders!!

Sephers in his vest

*swoon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A tank is what there called I think, muscle man t-shirt sounds better though 😏😎😸
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    Sephers in his vest

*swoon

*Flexes biceps*

😏

😸

Seph, i couldn't leave your incoming gun show be missed :D Anyway, plain top or print?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sephers is Onslow from Keeping up Appearances.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

It works for Our Daisy!

Bacon butty, anyone?

Moobs hanging out like onions in a net :pac:

It works for Our Daisy!

Bacon butty, anyone?

Sounds good Our Rose

It works for Our Daisy!

Bacon butty, anyone?

Ooh hecking yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Similar here, two great walks morning and evening, jobs done in garden, takeaway for dinner, few beers now looking out at the lightening while chatting and listening to 70s music on one of those Sky music channels :D

Deskside drinking a coke, nice and refreshing

200.gif

Deskside drinking a coke, nice and refreshing

200.gif

Do not post in thread again

Now you can post again:P

• Advertisement

Ted gone done killed the thread :P

Ted gone done killed the thread :P

I love Achmed :D

Deskside watching pure mule, last episode

My brother was at the baking again 😸

IMG20200509210957.jpg

He does a good pastry Seph :)

Deskside with painkillers and self-pity :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Chillin like a villain. :)

Feet up watching modern families, gonna have some pancakes instead of a takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Also a good day compared to previous boring Saturdays. So I got a few tins in and about to play some tunes. I stopped watching the news and reading newspapers a while back and couldn't recommend it enough. Covid is very serious but you just have to plough on. Slainte all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Evening all, nice relaxed day in the shade today. I'm tired now from a combination of heat and laziness.

Anyone get the forecast? I heard earlier in the week the weather will break. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

He does a good pastry Seph :)

Deskside with painkillers and self-pity :rolleyes:

I was taking tylex most of the week due to an old shoulder injury that rears its head every so often.. f*ckin things had me stomach in ribbons. Felt ok this morning and didn't have any. Waiting on the nice man from the off licence to deliver a few beers now. I've a stack of Guinness parked off but it's beer that's my wont.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement