Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Also a good day compared to previous boring Saturdays. So I got a few tins in and about to play some tunes. I stopped watching the news and reading newspapers a while back and couldn't recommend it enough. Covid is very serious but you just have to plough on. Slainte all!

The news I’m just avoiding, sick of it..

Today I was lying out, in the park, with drinks ( non alcoholic ), catching some sun. ****iñg weird typing that, in Ireland, in the second week of May ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

Did exact same thing yesterday. Was bliss apart from the sunstroke appearance post shower later in the day lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Did exact same thing yesterday. Was bliss apart from the sunstroke appearance post shower later in the day lol

I have a brown freckly noggin, arms are paler with masses of freckles and legs are milk bottles with not a dot to be seen, it's like someone designed me on that old fashion wheel toy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Also a good day compared to previous boring Saturdays. So I got a few tins in and about to play some tunes. I stopped watching the news and reading newspapers a while back and couldn't recommend it enough. Covid is very serious but you just have to plough on. Slainte all!

Amen to that. Having a few beers in the sunroom and listening to First Cut is the Deepest.
    It's a strange world right now. On the one hand you have people saying lives are at stake and people trying to protect their elderly loved ones.
    Others fearing for their wee businesses.
    And at the same time you have people complaining that they cant have over 100 guests at their wedding or get their hair dyed.

Impossible to make sense of it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Too right Newred, definitely a lot more people hanging around and walking about today.

• Advertisement

Evening all..I've skipped pages here,will go back and read,what a fantastic day,I'm outside still, just made coffee after numerous cans..treating my neighbours to my spotify list,everyone seems to be still out here,got a tray of cans last night and today, back down for more tonight, sold out so I'm still on coors light and the adult kids are on some foreign stuff, all my friends online, talking ****e, hoping weather tomorrow wont be too bad, this is the life, obviously apart from the virus, pushed,happy and its taken ages to post this lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On the couch watching natural family drinking west coast cooler and huzzar

I just finished an epic game of hide and seek with the dogs and I'm actually wrecked from running around!

It's like they switch off their noses because they're absolutely rubbish at it!! I leave them in the kitchen, tell them to stay, open the doors to all the other rooms and race off to hide with a fistful of treats. Then I shout FIND ME and they run around like complete lunatics, scampering into every room, cursory glance, diving over beds, shoving noses into things far too small for me to fit into! And inevitably walking past where I'm actually standing half hidden behind a door or curtain, shaking from the exertion of holding my breath and trying not to laugh.

All three of them walked past me FOUR times at one stage. Tell ya what, they'll never be drug sniffer dogs!!

We did about ten rounds of that and we're all bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Evening all..I've skipped pages here,will go back and read,what a fantastic day,I'm outside still, just made coffee after numerous cans..treating my neighbours to my spotify list,everyone seems to be still out here,got a tray of cans last night and today, back down for more tonight, sold out so I'm still on coors light and the adult kids are on some foreign stuff, all my friends online, talking ****e, hoping weather tomorrow wont be too bad, this is the life, obviously apart from the virus, pushed,happy and its taken ages to post this lol

:) Always enjoy your posts DD. One of the few that draws me back :D

:) Always enjoy your posts DD. One of the few that draws me back :D

I can't keep up with new people names :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I can't keep up with new people names :confused:

I'm due a change and all at this point :D

I'm due a change and all at this point :D

Waaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i can't able, my poor feeble brain! :(:rolleyes:

Waaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i can't able, my poor feeble brain! :(:rolleyes:

Tbf, I'm a fairly easy spot...

Although I was a little surprised when a few people thought i was female this time around....I was wondering why my DM's were hopping until I cleared it up :D

I'm too innocent to be 'spotting' people and i get hella confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Shoes, you sound like my twin.
    I love the sunshine and the country air but I'm not able for it.
    I'm absolutely flaked out after today.
    A little breeze would be lovely for me.
    18oC is my optimum temperature.
    As for Smurfjed, I'd be in a room with closed curtains if I was where you are.
    I never tan, I'd just burn and go back white again. I mind my skin like a baby's though so very rarely get burnt. I look like a porcelain dolly all year round!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I'm too innocent to be 'spotting' people and i get hella confused

It's really all disco Grem ;) you're one of the good ones. :)

What does disco mean?. Wait, am i overthinking now? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bones is that you :eek: if so welcome back :) if not Welcome anyway :D

Now I’m off to the land of nod :)

Night all :)

Night Auto, i'll just be wandering around here in a befuddled manner :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's really all disco Grem ;) you're one of the good ones. :)

So ... who were you before? :D

• Advertisement

Night Auto, i'll just be wandering around here in a befuddled manner :pac:

Same as always so!

I'm in bed...might sleep... might not.
    Drank a bottle of west coast cooler rosé that had been left in my fridge since around Xmas...fizzy strawberry ribena is the best way I could describe it

Panda mean!! Also, west coast cooler needs more drink added to become anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Panda mean!! Also, west coast cooler needs more drink added to become anything

Lots of ice and it's nice.

To thine own self be true

Vodka, peach schnapps etc mixed with it can be decent

Vodka, peach schnapps etc mixed with it can be decent

All of those would be better without the west coast cooler !

Generally, two wrongs don't make a right, but ya can definitely tart up a bad/cheap whiskey with west coast :D

Same as always so!

I'm in bed...might sleep... might not.
    Drank a bottle of west coast cooler rosé that had been left in my fridge since around Xmas...fizzy strawberry ribena is the best way I could describe it

I’m drinking it in vodka right this minute, definitely spices it up, highly recommend if you tryna ruin your life

Watching videos of people cleaning horses hooves. Riveting

Exactly Shoes, if you can find two alcohols to mix, bazinga, you're on a winner ;)

Exactly Shoes, if you can find two alcohols to mix, bazinga, you're on a winner ;)

Believe it or not,
    120 Chardonnay and vodka is quite nice. The day I buried my dad the lad I was with came over and stayed with me that night and as I perused the alcohol aisle in tesco he turned to me and said, do you think most people use wine as a mixer? It was then I knew, dis boy not for me

• Advertisement

I would make a spritzer type effort there i think. But wine and i do not fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Believe it or not,
    120 Chardonnay and vodka is quite nice. The day I buried my dad the lad I was with came over and stayed with me that night and as I perused the alcohol aisle in tesco he turned to me and said, do you think most people use wine as a mixer? It was then I knew, dis boy not for me

120 Chardonnay, is that Santa Rita.

Just in from a wander in the garden. The sky is clear. The moon is big and bright and the birds are confused. They're chirping mad out there. I could have stood there listening to them all night.

anewme wrote: »
    120 Chardonnay, is that Santa Rita.

Couldn’t tell you anymore than it being 13.5%, that’s how I choose my wine

Yep, 120 is Santa Rita.

Im off the booze again. Had wine Friday last week and decided that was enough. Hadn't drank for two years before this pandemic. Indulged for a bit, partially boredom, partially anxiety. But it does feck all for either and I just feel healthier when I don't drink. Sad as it is, I'm almost as happy drinking a nice ginger beer as a g&t. Not that it's healthy either so only on a rare occasion.

Now if I could kick chocolate I'd be flying.

Edited to add: not aiming for two years this time. For now just planning to lay off it until my birthday next month. See then how I feel.

I don't do well with down time either.. Even working 80+ hours a week i would still have time to kill, as it were, not really physically hyper but brain always buzzing along like a runaway train.

• Advertisement

I think i kind of need to have a next thing to be doing or i feel a little out of control. Also i never usually sleep longer than 2/3 hours in a row.

It’s mad isn’t it. Genuinely can’t understand how people can live whole lives of this.

My post was badly timed there and I hope it didn't come across as if I was judging people here having a drink or anything. You didn't respond as if I was Shoes but reading back my post it sounds a bit oh look at me I'm so great! It's just like you said though, when I'm not drinking I don't miss it at all so it's like an uncomplicated way I can feel just the tiniest bit better about myself. There's a million other things I'd like to change but I don't have the willpower or motivation.

Anyway, if it helps you get through sure why not as long as you've a handle on it. Though if it's exasperating your pain.. well I don't know but it's just not nice to hear you're suffering. I get what you're saying about lack of routine. It's bloody hard. Or maybe it's too much routine that's the problem. Same feckin' sh!t day in and day out. Our world's are so tiny now and nothing exciting happens anymore. It's hard going.

Jaysis no BB, takes us all to make the world spin :)

Fiv hours til outta here, wrecked, must go break something so i can fix it..

• Advertisement

What’s for lunch in the middle of the night grem

What’s for lunch in the middle of the night grem

Broccolli and baby spuds, nowt if not predictable ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@ Builebeag, i loved the dog story, gotta try it out if i ever get home again.

Gotta be good and go for my morning walk before I get too distracted on the net, but lets have a Nespresso first :)

I can't wait until mutt pics are regular again :)

Me too, funny thing is that they keeping offering to allow me home right now, but this is a holy time of year with the equivalent of Christmas coming in 13 days or so, so if i go back now, there will be a panic to get me back before that holiday, i much prefer to go home after the holiday and relax for a few weeks.

Luckily for me, my missus agrees 100%, but we didn’t ask the Mutt’s opinion, plus I’m still in lockdown thanks to that lovely 30 mile trip across a border.

Not consulting Mutt?? How dare you both!. :P

He is too demanding :):) He is also suffering from this lockdown and gaining weight like all of us :)

Beach body 2020 wasn't quite what everyone imagined!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning all! Day eleventy million in the big brother house...
    Coffee and soda bread for breakfast, then maybe some cleaning and cooking or maybe cooking and cleaning, choices choices :rolleyes:

Or maybe just wine and my book in the garden, or indoors if it’s too windy! :pac:

Have a good day everyone

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement