Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting by the pool where it is a nice 34C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In bed feeling slightly tender.
    Sunburn tender. Not hangover tender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Feel awful...my knees have ballooned out and it's almost impossible to walk.. unusual for the arthritis to hit my knees...old age is a bugga!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sitting by the pool where it is a nice 34C.

A grand bra size but too hot a temperature for me!.

Home now, hopefully sleep soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Feel awful...my knees have ballooned out and it's almost impossible to walk.. unusual for the arthritis to hit my knees...old age is a bugga!
    Take some pictures of them. Email to rheumy support.

I'm breakfast side wondering why I'm trying to tell Panda what to do:p

0lddog wrote: »
    Take some pictures of them. Email to rheumy support.

I'm breakfast side wondering why I'm trying to tell Panda what to do:p

Ah, long time psoriatic arthritis sufferer...I'll get a few bad days a month and just have a little moan in here ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »

Or maybe just wine and my book in the garden, or indoors if it’s too windy! :pac:

Go with this poochie :pac:

Deskside with a cup of the sweet stuff, had to open another bag "Java", I gave this the sephers seal of approval before 😸 only three bags left :eek: better order more next week.

@PK ain't trivial long-term :(

0lddog wrote: »
    @PK ain't trivial long-term :(

True enough, I'll grant you that :D

• Advertisement

@ Builebeag, i loved the dog story, gotta try it out if i ever get home again.

It's really fun. I save it for days I can't walk them like yesterday. It's good exercise cause mine only play at full speed but it's also great mental stimulation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on bed, analysing the weird dream I had last night, I love how dreams make absolutely no sense most of the time and you wake thinking "WTAF".

It's really fun. I save it for days I can't walk them like yesterday. It's good exercise cause mine only play at full speed but it's also great mental stimulation.

Do the cats have no interest in playing it? they probably felt left out the poor dears 😿

:pac:

Lying on bed, analysing the weird dream I had last night, I love how dreams make absolutely no sense most of the time and you wake thinking "WTAF".

Do the cats have no interest in playing it? they probably felt left out the poor dears 😿

One of them wouldn't lower himself to play a game with us peasants. The other I have to put away in another room because obviously he won't stay when I say stay and he follows me to my hiding place and acts as a big Ginger and white arrow pointing at me! That same fella will play "find the sweet" and find them all three times faster than the dogs. So sometimes I have to hold him when we play that or the dogs wouldn't get a look in.

At home....

Pissed off with covid-19,should be buzzing to head to walsh park to see waterford play tipp in 1st round of championship

We were just beginning to get stronger as this.virus struck

That feckin' glitch

Sitting room side, feck all on

One of them wouldn't lower himself to play a game with us peasants. The other I have to put away in another room because obviously he won't stay when I say stay and he follows me to my hiding place and acts as a big Ginger and white arrow pointing at me! That same fella will play "find the sweet" and find them all three times faster than the dogs. So sometimes I have to hold him when we play that or the dogs wouldn't get a look in.

Hmm...

*Confers with BB's cats*

Ok we accept your explanation 😸

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Amazing thunder and lightning here last night but no rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭thomil

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Amazing thunder and lightning here last night but no rain

Lucky you. I was out with the drone yesterday and could see the whole system from the Regional Park, but all I got was a few impressive cloud shots and some distant rumbling.

Home Office Deskside, trying to get into a writing mood. Not happening so far...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dinner on , fire lit , massive change between yesterday and today , temperature wise , brrrr !

No news , all quiet , and I won't resort to making up something exciting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having a lazy day, heating on listening to the wind outside, waiting for lunch to cook and we’ll watch tv for the evening in our pjs

• Advertisement

Having a cull of WhatsApp groups. I dont need to be in so many and it's all the same 'funny' videos getting sent around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's nippy today, I hope we don't have another lockdown in winter. Imagine the mental health issues being stuck in the house for months?

Tableside with tea, I feel like I could sleep for a while.

It's nippy today, I hope we don't have another lockdown in winter. Imagine the mental health issues being stuck in the house for months?

Tableside with tea, I feel like I could sleep for a while.

I was saying the same thing earlier. If this lockdown was happening during a damp November it would be unbearable.

I was saying the same thing earlier. If this lockdown was happening during a damp November it would be unbearable.

Now I am maybe a sloth, but lockdown in November sounds okay. Open fire, early dark evenings, you’re warm and snuggly inside in your pjs don’t even have to stick your nose outside the door, hot chocolate with marshmallows, movies.

Welded to the couch chatting my bestie about his upcoming wedding and whether it will have to be postponed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Evening all. Kitchen side waiting to make my dinner. I'm back to work tomorrow. Little bit nervous. Working at the other branch and I've not done a full shift there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Paws you will be fine :) nerves are usual and will go fast.. I still get nervous going to new sites but settle very fast, the work is the same..

Bedside attempting to put down the phone and get up for work :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Paws you will be fine :) nerves are usual and will go fast.. I still get nervous going to new sites but settle very fast, the work is the same..

Bedside attempting to put down the phone and get up for work :o

Yeah fingers crossed! I'm hoping it isn't horrendously busy too. Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

Hope you have a good night at work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I'm hoping to get back to my apartment and working with my personal assistant sometime next week *crosess fingers*

Won't be back with home support until September

couchside :D

@Paws, how are you guys reopening, what changes have they made to your rules and building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

quick question guys, I have an appointment in my Drs to get bloods done next week, would I have to wear a mask or would my nurse have to, or both of us?

• Advertisement

quick question guys, I have an appointment in my Drs to get bloods done next week, would I have to wear a mask or would my nurse have to, or both of us?

I would say the nurse will but they will advise you once you get there. If they want you to wear a mask they will give you one.

My take on the majority of masks available to joe public is that they wont protect you from this crap as the microbes are too small and will infiltrate the mask, however on the other hand, if i cough or sneeze into the mask, the transmission wont go so far and therefore I’m protecting other people.

It’s like the CZECH video, i protect you, you protect me :)

My take on the majority of masks available to joe public is that they wont protect you from this crap as the microbes are too small and will infiltrate the mask, however on the other hand, if i cough or sneeze into the mask, the transmission wont go so far and therefore I’m protecting other people.......

Yes Smurf, thats my take too.

So they are well worth using whenever mixing with people.

Its like traffic lights. I stop on red. Its inconvient but if I didnt I might crash into someone. :)

Cousin rang me a few hours ago saying his fiancée wanted to talk to my daughter....
    Passed the phone over and she asked her to be junior bridesmaid/flower girl at their wedding...
    All well and good...it's on next May...in Budapest...wonder what air travel will be like by then..

I'm imagining flights being a bit spendy when they come back to a more normal level of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'm imagining flights being a bit spendy when they come back to a more normal level of service

Yes, not going to be to too many 9.95 flights knocking around initially even with Ryanair I’d imagine although auld MOL might see it as a bit of a publicity coup with some cheapies, he’s not going to come out of this looking too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I went for bloods to my GP's last week Aspie and the nurse was wearing a mask. There was a box of masks at reception so I asked if I could take one and put it on, so I was protecting her and she was protecting me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Cousin rang me a few hours ago saying his fiancée wanted to talk to my daughter....
    Passed the phone over and she asked her to be junior bridesmaid/flower girl at their wedding...
    All well and good...it's on next May...in Budapest...wonder what air travel will be like by then..

That's the 60 million dollar question, it's going to chop and change so much in each country until a vaccine is available I think. I'd imagine we'll be in and out of lockdown in the meantime.

It's definitely a time not to plan too far ahead. :(

Evening all :)

Had a productive day, I went shopping and bought a beautiful cake :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dammit Auto , thought it was going to be a pic of a beautiful cake :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »

:D

Auto's pics never relate to the posts. I imagined a cake, so there! :P

Here’s a pic of a cake for you ladies and gents :)

Deskside.........its time........

I made a cupan tae :pac:
    Mam of 4 wrote: »

I was hoping for cats :3

In the absolute height of an arthritis flare, this seems to be my first proper flare whilst on medication. Considering going to the out of hrs doctor if it doesn’t ease up as I’m unsure of how to treat a flare myself

• Advertisement

Cat cake pic in three, two, one...

Here’s a pic of a cake for you ladies and gents :)

Is that seriously it? Is that actually in your home right now?

That's sexier than Liam Hemsworth with his top off!

In the absolute height of an arthritis flare, this seems to be my first proper flare whilst on medication. Considering going to the out of hrs doctor if it doesn’t ease up as I’m unsure of how to treat a flare myself

Been in bed all day... couldn't actually stand as my knees buckled...difene and solpadol for me all day, has helped a bit

Enjoy :)

Been in bed all day... couldn't actually stand as my knees buckled...difene and solpadol for me all day, has helped a bit

Argh, that's sh1t Panda, i'm not so bad after all. The fight to get down the stairs earlier had me cursing! Hope the meds help and it eases more soon..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement