Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Been in bed all day... couldn't actually stand as my knees buckled...difene and solpadol for me all day, has helped a bit

Have difiene here myself wasn’t sure what I could take but might try that before dr! It’s a devil isn’t it :( it’s my own fault sure

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have difiene here myself wasn’t sure what I could take but might try that before dr! It’s a devil isn’t it :( it’s my own fault sure

I'm blaming sudden change in weather, i amsticking to this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I see these pics of cakes, but there is none on my desk.

Do you not do table service Auto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭thomil

I'm blaming sudden change in weather, i amsticking to this story.

I think you're right. I'm not suffering from arthritis myself, at least not as far as I know, but I've been battling with headaches and migraine, which is usually a sign of massive changes in the prevailing weather patterns.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pressure changes bother my head/sinuses and temperature changes bother my joints and muscles. Least that is what i am convinced of..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its mad. A 14 degree difference between yesterday and today.
    Hot water bottle in may?

My arthritis has been considerably worse for the last couple of months. I'm assuming it's the combination of less exercise, more stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I see these pics of cakes, but there is none on my desk.

Do you not do table service Auto?

Virus restrictions ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its mad. A 14 degree difference between yesterday and today.
    Hot water bottle in may?

Ma has the heating on.

Lying on my bed with a headache

As the saying goes, ne'er cast a clout til May is out (i feel ANCIENT typing that)

• Advertisement

As the saying goes, ne'er cast a clout til May is out (i feel ANCIENT typing that)

It doesn't mean the month of May though.

Fellow auld fogie feeling-er here,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

was a bit headachey yesterday with the thunder around

I had an upset tummy earlier, I may never touch the coke ever again :eek:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It doesn't mean the month of May though.

Fellow auld fogie feeling-er here,

Never bet against a mammy's ability to repurpose a saying to her own will :pac:

It's never the vodka :P

It's never the vodka :P

ha I didn't have the vodka in the end :)

Ooh just saw the sky, it's a nice sunset in the west anyway

Never bet against a mammy's ability to repurpose a saying to her own will :pac:

Do as I say, not as I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I hope it was the liquid variety of coke! :eek: :pac:

Heating on here too, it's like I woke up in late autumn today.

I would say the nurse will but they will advise you once you get there. If they want you to wear a mask they will give you one.
    smurfjed wrote: »
    My take on the majority of masks available to joe public is that they wont protect you from this crap as the microbes are too small and will infiltrate the mask, however on the other hand, if i cough or sneeze into the mask, the transmission wont go so far and therefore I’m protecting other people.

It’s like the CZECH video, i protect you, you protect me :)
    0lddog wrote: »
    Yes Smurf, thats my take too.

So they are well worth using whenever mixing with people.

Its like traffic lights. I stop on red. Its inconvient but if I didnt I might crash into someone. :)
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    I went for bloods to my GP's last week Aspie and the nurse was wearing a mask. There was a box of masks at reception so I asked if I could take one and put it on, so I was protecting her and she was protecting me.

thanks guys :)

• Advertisement

Warmer socks and a jacket for work here, tae consumption may increase also :)

I hope it was the liquid variety of coke! :eek: :pac:

Heating on here too, it's like I woke up in late autumn today.

it was yeah :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Howya. I have been absent for a bit and will be again after this for a variety of reasons I won't bore the hole off ye with so this is just a flying visit from me. I hope ye all safe and well.

And just like that I shall fook off again, cheerio for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Heating here too, if it was 1987 all over again we’d be cracking open the bovril. Middle of May, fück.

Hi and bye Guy (i'm a gifted poet lads)

Note to self - wear a jacket next time i have to go outside :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Glitchin'

• Advertisement

Guy Person wrote: »
    Howya. I have been absent for a bit and will be again after this for a variety of reasons I won't bore the hole off ye with so this is just a flying visit from me. I hope ye all safe and well.

And just like that I shall fook off again, cheerio for now.

Hope all is well with you too, Guy.

It unglitched for once!

Evening all. Weird day today and yesterday. Dad not feeling very well (nothing covid-like) . He has a tendency to be melodramatic if he's feeling under the weather so it's difficult to gauge if anything serious is afoot or not. So feeling a bit hypervigillant and anxious.

Glad to see Guy is OK. Hope the rest of you are fine. Sorry to read that Panda and Shoes are having a rough time with arthritis.

Time for jammies and hot chocolate here (the drink, not the 70s pop icons).

I'll say Good Night now 'cos the bitch glitch really has it on for me.

It is definitely a jammies and hot chocolate night, good call :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It is definitely a jammies and hot chocolate night, good call :)

I haven't worn jammies since I was about 8 :D

I'm heading towards bed, talk to you all tomorrow sometime :)

• Advertisement

I haven't worn jammies since I was about 8 :D

I bet you've got fluffy ones with pandas on them. I bet you're wearing them now. You don't fool me, 'Killa'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I bet you've got fluffy ones with pandas on them. I bet you're wearing them now. You don't fool me, 'Killa'.

SD_04_T86_2001G_Y0_X_EC_0?$PDP_INT_IMAGEGRID_1_LG$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching First 48 Homicide Squad , Atlanta, eating strawberries!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Getting up to make a tuna sandwich. And copious amounts of tea. I had to sleep from 8pm. Ran myself ragged lately.

Anyone like some cake?

Getting up to make a tuna sandwich. And copious amounts of tea. I had to sleep from 8pm. Ran myself ragged lately.

Anyone like some cake?

Use a different board, a different knife and maybe even a different room for the cake please :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glitch. ..

Poor Mam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Mmmm. Tuna and onion cake.

Mmmm. Tuna and onion cake.

You're definitely preggers! :D

Ding dong two bells (in this time zone anyway)

• Advertisement

In bed just after getting out of the bath, had it scalding, very little relief to be had from it. Bit upset, even though I’m rinsed paying a consultant every few months, and even though I’ve taken actual chemotherapy meds and had my hair coming out, and even though I’m on a hard medication now I don’t think I really understood the severity of having this diagnosis til now. Can’t even lie on my side.

Oh Shoes, by jaysis it can get you down at times. *hugs to you* I hope it eases

Things always seem worse at night don’t they? But thanks for the hugs though

Things always seem worse at night don’t they? But thanks for the hugs though

It's quieter and dark, ya get to thinking, i had a ferocious night friday, puked and sweated the whole way through in ribbons with the pain.. Not the same as you but a similar job so in my way i understand and i'll always be here for the hugs..

Fell asleep for a bit but woke up with a nose bleed, ittttching because I’ll have to wait for sleeping beauty to wake up before I can change the sheets

Ooh, that must be killing you, i'm trying hard not to giggle a little, sorry :o

Ooh, that must be killing you, i'm trying hard not to giggle a little, sorry :o

May have woken him :/ couldn’t be dealing. Having some porridge frozen strawberries and coconut milk

How are you feeling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It’s that time of day again, blue skies, relatively quiet, so time for a Nespresso and a nice walk. I’m didn’t get my swab last night So theoretically I’m still not allowed to work, talk about BS procedures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I use an IPAD and sometimes IPHONE to browse this site, I haven’t a clue what this glitch you are all talking about actually is. OK i get the 504 messages every so often when the site is overloaded, but nothing like 12 year old threads.

I’m jealous, what am i doing wrong :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement