Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well the historical thread thing is gone again now, hamsters must have got some steroids but the glitch on this thread is a mystery which mainly seems to happen to users of the touch site, especially with chrome as a browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Perhaps shortening thread lengths could be helpful until the hamsters are back at the office, running at full capacity again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

In danger of falling asleep in work today. Not a good start to the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That weekend passed way too fast.
    Back in the seat of dullness in the home office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Don’t know where that weekend went!
    Running late for home working, how did that happen :eek:

Having porridge and then need coffee, stat!
    May have some technical issues with my camera for our first meeting...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

smurfjed wrote: »
    It’s that time of day again, blue skies, relatively quiet, so time for a Nespresso and a nice walk. I’m didn’t get my swab last night to theoretically I’m still not allowed to work, talk about BS procedures.

Are you George Clooney by any chance?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Glitch.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It's quieter and dark, ya get to thinking, i had a ferocious night friday, puked and sweated the whole way through in ribbons with the pain.. Not the same as you but a similar job so in my way i understand and i'll always be here for the hugs..

And yet you are in your job every night and keeping us company, fair play to you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff!
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Don’t know where that weekend went!
    Running late for home working, how did that happen :eek:

Having porridge and then need coffee, stat!
    May have some technical issues with my camera for our first meeting...;)

Put this in front of the camera poochie :pac:

were-currently-experiencing-some-technical-difficulties-please-stand-by

What does disco mean?. Wait, am i overthinking now?

All disco is the name of an elbow song Grem. What I meant though is it doesn't really matter. Bones is another song from their back catalogue. I wasn't giving a cryptic clue at the time but maybe I am now.
    Autosport wrote:
    Bones is that you if so welcome back if not Welcome anyway

Thank you kindly Auto :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Watcha whereas? !

Fabulous day here. Blue sky but lovely fresh breeze perfectly suited for us delicate flowers that wilt in the heat.

Dad much better today *so far*, so we're about to mask up and go for a short stroll.

I'm catching up in the thread by going incognito and not signing in, it's the only way around the glitch to keep abreast of the wherer's daring dos.

Hope you're feeling better, Panda and Shoes. Seph, hope you don't feel like hiding today.

As always, the inbox is open for those who fancy a natter.

Laters. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

" I need a place where I can go
    Where I can whisper what I know"
    Listening to trance-y music and making all of the things. Im wearing a summer dress. It's sunny. Life is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Took a spin by Sandycove on the way to the shops and for a cracker of a day the sea is hopping off the rocks! Very choppy! Very cool!

Hope everyone has a tremendous week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just out of the shower after watching all the episodes of normal people. I am shook! :( we’ve all had a Connell I’m sure

In the most epic hiding spot ever!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ACPC I'm ashamed to call myself an Elbow fan now!

Up and out, cool but sunny. Who needs sleep anyway?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In the most epic hiding spot ever!!

The best place to hide right now would be in a pub.
    If you are in a pub please share location with me right now and get a pint poured for me. I am on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :)

Enjoying the sunshine here but it is a bit breezy :)

Friend of mine who went home on a repatriation flight yesterday sent me photos of his cabin overlooking the Cobh estuary where he has a fridge full of bacon and beer, with some Capt Morgan to wash it down. To me it sounds like a perfect place for 14 days isolation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon boards people :) how are we?

I'm back from my daily walk to the postbox
    couchside waiting for casualty to come on :)

my granny will be tested for covid 19 in the coming days..fingers (and toes) crossed for a negative result

We got the test results today, and it was negative :D relived isn't the word!

in other news, our eldest cat is turning into a bit of a madam, I picked her up today and she gave me a slap in the face! Thankfully I don't have too much of a scratch but the check of her

Tableside waiting for the kettle to boil and feeling depressed about what kind of awful false fake-caring users people are.
    Also feeling like a complete idiot for believing in one of the above. Im a natural optimist but right now the scales have fallen.
    It was a lovely day weather wise but what good is that if people are cr**.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Girlfriend just called in tears. Her mother has gone AWOL. Nice woman but extremely social and friends / family oriented and needs to be around people. Girlfriends father was killed in an accident a few years ago that rocked them and now the mother is gone AWOL which isn’t an accident... some people...

Strumms, it isn't an accident that your gf's mum's missing? What's up?

Everyone, 'scuse my earlier wobble, Im having tea in my squishy jumper and reading a kindle book after a chat with my friend V and feeling less bleak with the world.

Strumms wrote: »
    Girlfriend just called in tears. Her mother has gone AWOL. Nice woman but extremely social and friends / family oriented and needs to be around people. Girlfriends father was killed in an accident a few years ago that rocked them and now the mother is gone AWOL which isn’t an accident... some people...

Bugger, you able to trace up people she might go to?.

looks like I'll be back with the personal assistant & apartment after the 18th, woo :D

hope she can be found :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

hope she can be found :)

Been found, well returned... down by the coast for a walk, to clear the head apparently. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Strums , glad she came back , not easy to stay positive when she foes awol though .

In , looking out :)

• Advertisement

Been found, well returned... down by the coast for a walk, to clear the head apparently. :rolleyes:

glad to hear she came back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Just watching Kerry & Tralee trending on Twitter for the wrong reason at the moment

Just watching Kerry & Tralee trending on Twitter for the wrong reason at the moment

I didn't think dickie rock or johnny logan were from there :p

Glad to hear she’s home Strumms.

Just finished dinner, and about to load the dishwasher.
    Made chicken satay from Paul Flynn’s book. Absolutely fool proof. Was really easy and really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I didn't think dickie rock or johnny logan were from there :p

We have Michael Fassbender & Timothy Murphy :D

We have Michael Fassbender & Timothy Murphy :D

Hardly a wrong reason to trend then :p

In a post food doze mode also discovered a new season of Bordertown on netflix woo!

• Advertisement

Glad to hear she’s home Strumms.

Just finished dinner, and about to load the dishwasher.
    Made chicken satay from Paul Flynn’s book. Absolutely fool proof. Was really easy and really nice.

Just googled it and got one of his for turkey satay. It's probably the same. Sounds lovely and easy enough to make. Thanks. I'm gonna try that. I don't eat meat but I'll make the sauce separately and add meat for himself. I've only really gotten into peanut butter in last year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Just googled it and got one of his for turkey satay. It's probably the same. Sounds lovely and easy enough to make. Thanks. I'm gonna try that. I don't eat meat but I'll make the sauce separately and add meat for himself. I've only really gotten into peanut butter in last year or so.
    I seem to be :rolleyes: sporting his hair these covid days, just not his sklill... Peanut butter wih chicken? Sounds interesting... I googled too, his chicken, bacon and courgette bake looks quite delcious (mmm, parmesan cream) and possible (perhaps anyway, :o as I can't even boil water properly.)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I seem to be :rolleyes: sporting his hair these covid days, just not his sklill... Peanut butter wih chicken? Sounds interesting... I googled too, his chicken, bacon and courgette bake looks quite delcious (mmm, parmesan cream) and possible (perhaps :o as I can't even boil water properly.)

Hahahahah thats some haircut! ;)

Seph, are you out there?

You were questioning me leaving the cats out of hide and seek. Well Oscar regularly plays his own hide and seek where he waits until I go to the shops or for a walk and then disappears somewhere. Sometimes he'll lie flat as a pancake under a towel or blanket and I'll panic when I can't find him but other times, like today, I can immediately spot his little fat bundle.

512626.jpg

512627.jpg

It’s exactly the same I just used chicken instead of turkey!

• Advertisement

It’s exactly the same I just used chicken instead of turkey!

I'll make it next week and report back!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    would love to know how well the peanut butter flavour combines with chicken (just can't imagine).

I've had satay before and it was lovely but only on like a starter. Have certainly never cooked a satay dish. Seen other people have them many times. I just didn't really like peanuts until one day I did!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside deep in thought

I've had satay before and it was lovely but only on like a starter. Have certainly never cooked a satay dish. Seen other people have them many times. I just didn't really like peanuts until one day I did!

Well look I'll tell ya what, why don't you cook it and we'll all do you a favour and be your personal taste testers.......how does that sound?

:pac:

I'll make it next week and report back!

One tip I’d say is get a good quality peanut butter I got the lidl one today and it’s literally the only thing I’d change next time. Still delicious just I think me cheaping out on the peanut butter was the only fault

Deskside deep in thought

Well look I'll tell ya what, why don't you cook it and we'll all do you a favour and be your personal taste testers.......how does that sound?

:pac:

Sounds like I've found the perfect career for you Seph...

Professional food tasters are, as you might imagine, paid to taste food all day. Tasters typically work for a specific company helping develop new products by testing variations of ingredients, textures and flavors.
    A typical day in the life of a food taster might include sampling alternate versions of the same product and giving an assessment of each. You'd judge things on taste (of course), mouthfeel, appearance and ratio of ingredients (for example, are there enough raisins in each spoonful of this cereal?).

AND LOOK!!!....

512630.png

Just did my 7th COVID test, so got some chocolate mousse from the buffet to celebrate, once the results are in, I shall get released back to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I do not like peanut butter, there I said it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hello darkness my old friend .....

Quite an apt song for this thread .

I'm just bedside, just set my alarm and I have 7 hrs 12 mins before I have to haul myself back out. Work was grand, went for a long walk,cooked and did a good bit of cleaning this evening but something is niggling me since Saturday and no matter how active I stay it just won't leave my headspace. It's always there tbh but I've been able to almost ignore it recently, it's beyond annoying.
    Hope ye all had a good day,weather was much better than I expected, weekend sounds good so far, I can't think of anymore positives atm,of course the big one is that we are all healthy but ye know what I mean. 😘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After interacting with mad/ sweet Maggie I just had to watch Fight Club.
    About half way through

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement