Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside at home watching a film on the telly.

Another very busy day of working from home today - after the glorious weekend weather where I took a 2 day “digital detox” from any social media, message boards and emails. It was great! :D

On my evening walk in my locality this evening there was so much traffic on the roads I could have sworn that the lockdown was over. People must be willfully ignoring the lockdown restrictions now in anticipation of the gradual lifting of restrictions from next Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Night night everyone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh my brain is tiresome

In a post food doze mode also discovered a new season of Bordertown on netflix woo!

Oh I watched bordertown, just to hear the language & see some of Finland. I miss the voices.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Watching birds out through the window, they managed to rip a bag from the wheelie bin that wasn’t closed properly and they’ve reefed it around the road. Stress levels through the roof, I hope the neighbors see it soon and come clean it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Struggling to get into work mode here.

Will have to break out the coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside.

Woke up from a dream that I was enraged and it's carried through to real life... uuggghhhh...

Still, nice day out there! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet java, listening to coast to coast am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Looking out at a fox in our garden who is running late for his snoozes.

• Advertisement

He’s hungry TH. Make him a sandwich but no cheese or he’ll have bad dreams and come back to kill you as you sleep tonight

Drinking a pint of cranberry juice, true story, tastes much better in vodka.

Drinking a pint of cranberry juice, true story, tastes much better in vodka.

That made me cough my coffee out in a laugh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Frustrated. I want to work! Says half the country, I know :(

Its a brilliant day and looks like its going to be a brilliant sunny summer, shouldnt be spending it trapped like animals in a zoo. My heart is banging with the contained energy.

My best friend's father has just died, after a long protracted struggle in a nursing home and my friend and his mum couldonly see him through a screen.

Im reading in the garden before I go walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Garage with coffee.
    Bit late going to bed last night watching fight club and doubting my sanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

cj maxx wrote: »
    Garage with coffee.
    Bit late going to bed last night watching fight club and doubting my sanity

Duuuude!!
    First rule of fight club!

He’s hungry TH. Make him a sandwich but no cheese or he’ll have bad dreams and come back to kill you as you sleep tonight

No no no no. That will only encourage him to poo on my lawn. And then the poo goes in the lawn mower and it spreads like Slurry all over the place. And all over my legs.
    No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, beautiful day and Nespresso time, my celebratory mood was demolished last night when i got told that I have to do two COVID tests before retuning to work, possibility that the 2nd one will be tonight, if not then it shall be next Sunday :):)

Looking on then bright side, I don’t have military security outside my room door like my colleagues :)

My friends isolation site in Cobh.

512665.jpeg

No no no no. That will only encourage him to poo on my lawn. And then the poo goes in the lawn mower and it spreads like Slurry all over the place. And all over my legs.
    No.

People pay good money for slurry to fertilize your greens.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good Morning all, beautiful day and Nespresso time, my celebratory mood was demolished last night when i got told that I have to do two COVID tests before retuning to work, possibility that the 2nd one will be tonight, if not then it shall be next Sunday :):)

Looking on then bright side, I don’t have military security outside my room door like my colleagues :)

Is the test that unpleasant smurf?

Morning. Another lovely day. Auld fella fed. My own carcass caffinated and hosed down. Dad hosed down. Cats fed, mucked out and released into the sunshine. Waiting for himself to drop over a prescription for me following a phone consult with GP yesterday which will hopefully result in a energised me in a week or two. Feeling relieved that nothing serious is wrong which I was starting to suspect but annoyed that it's something I'm going to be dealing with for the foreseeable. F7kc the perimenopause!

Still getting a bit snivelly in the 'letting go' project but have decided to embrace that. Otherwise all is good chez 'Cat.

• Advertisement

I'm hot and I'm cold, I'm YES! and I'm noooo!

I'm lying out in the garden trying to soak up the sun. When it's out it's roasting but when it goes behind a cloud there's an awfully cold breeze. Feck off clouds!

(accidentally posted that in the interview thread before here. :D )

I'm hot and I'm cold, I'm YES! and I'm noooo!

I'm lying out in the garden trying to soak up the sun. When it's out it's roasting but when it goes behind a cloud there's an awfully cold breeze. Feck off clouds!

(accidentally posted that in the interview thread before here. :D )

I'm not surprised! They lurve you there. Your head's been turned a bit, hasn't it?

Waiting for my cheesy toasties to finish grilling. So far, so good today.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm not surprised! They lurve you there. Your head's been turned a bit, hasn't it?

Waiting for my cheesy toasties to finish grilling. So far, so good today.

Haha! I come across grand on the internet I suppose but I'm pain in the hole in real life, make no mistake about that.

Glad your day is going ok. I haven't much to do after a busy weekend so I'm gonna spend most of today lazing about. It's going well so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside back from my walk, just made a steak sandwich for lunch, that fitness guy is back on rte 1 atm........I'd said every women in Ireland has currently downed tools to check out his buns ;).

Deskside back from my walk, just made a steak sandwich for lunch, that fitness guy is back on rte 1 atm........I'd said every women in Ireland has currently downed tools to check out his buns ;).

Is that the guy on with Dathaí ? No thanks. He looks like a wet blanket to me, don't care what his buns are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not all of us Seph ;) I’m engrossed in Father Brown :)

Hope you are all having a wonderful day :)

Is that the guy on with Dathaí ? No thanks. He looks like a wet blanket to me, don't care what his buns are like.

With his big thumbs up at the end of his segments on.tgw main show..that guy?

He's some mooooogggg

:D

Back in bed since about 11:30, watched frozen and took a nap. Have the start of a kidney or a bladder infection, chemist sold him these cystopurin sachets mother of fuuuck I’ve never tasted anything so vile in all my life and I’ve been subjected to my own cooking daily since March. Actually retched.

Lying on my bed now rubbing my belly

Glad to hear it ;)
    Autosport wrote: »
    Not all of us Seph ;) I’m engrossed in Father Brown :)

Not checking out his buns I hope ;)

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

These are the only buns I’m looking at ;)

• Advertisement

That reminds me! My Auntie dropped up some baking earlier, soda bread and - buns! Think I'll go grab one to have with the rest of this coffee.

Panda, what's a moooog?

That reminds me! My Auntie dropped up some baking earlier, soda bread and - buns! Think I'll go grab one to have with the rest of this coffee.

Panda, what's a moooog?

Mog? It's a mild insult... very Kerry tbh when I was growing up.. sake as idiot really

Mog? It's a mild insult... very Kerry tbh when I was growing up.. sake as idiot really

Never heard it!

Having a pot noodle and living the dream.

Deskside. Question, is it possible for anger to manifest as neck pain? Sweet divine holy jebus... my neck is hopping! Making my anger worse! This would nearly drive me to drink! :D

Tunes - Johann Pachelbel Canon in D Major (figured metal would wind me up more :pac:).

Deskside. Question, is it possible for anger to manifest as neck pain? Sweet divine holy jebus... my neck is hopping! Making my anger worse! This would nearly drive me to drink! :D

Tunes - Johann Pachelbel Canon in D Major (figured metal would wind me up more :pac:).

If you're tensing your shoulders and clenching your jaw you could have neck pain. What are you so angry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thinking of taking the washing in off the line - dark clouds abound

@Metaldave, dont get mad ... get even :D

If you're tensing your shoulders and clenching your jaw you could have neck pain. What are you so angry?

Woke up from a dream that I was breaking stuff and fighting with people... and it's left me in the same humour... :(

0lddog wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the washing in off the line - dark clouds abound

@Metaldave, dont get mad ... get even :D

Ha! :D I wish I could buddy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon guys :D

I'm couchside, looking into masks as I'll probably wear one when I'm back working with the PA :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I'm couchside, looking into masks as I'll probably wear one when I'm back working with the PA :)

Great. :)

Would be mightly interested in your conclusions

( I tried to ask a question on the 'masks' thread in the CV19 forum and got trampled over by inane verbose posters intent on scoring points off each other )

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Woke up from a dream that I was breaking stuff and fighting with people... and it's left me in the same humour... :(

Swing your arms, big circles, forwards and back and do neck rolls if you can.

I've gone with cloth ones, so I can wash and reuse them.. People get very technical with them, putting in filters and so on but I'm happy enough just to go with cotton, loads of different ways to make them, youtube videos abound..

Sitting drinking coffee and devouring bourbon creams.:)
    Also watching tipping point.
    I'm getting addicted to that show !

Swing your arms, big circles, forwards and back and do neck rolls if you can.

That's given some relief! Thanks Grem!

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    Is the test that unpleasant smurf?

We do the nasal and throat swabs, I don’t find them unpleasant but some do find the nasal test painful.

Suddenly the requirement for me to sit around for another week and do another swab test before going to work disappeared :)

512693.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've a few days off, so may be posting here regular again.

My daughter is a haemophiliac, well she got a severe haemorrhage last night and was admitted to St.James hospital (Dublin), they have a haemophilia clinic there. If she gets a severe blood she needs to ring their emergency number and they put a team on standby.

Long story short, the team also sent out an advanced paramedic to go onboard the ambulance with her to St.James where she got the best care in the world. Anyone being admitted are being swabbed for CV-19 but she can't be because of the risk of a nasal bleed.

Anyway, she's home now & back in the clinic to see her consultant tomorrow so I'm off for a few days to look after her.

I've only been getting on here something like about once a week so I'm out of the loop with all the regulars, I hope you're all in good health and enjoying the great weather we've been having.

So apart from work I'm keeping well and enjoying some nice runs on the beach, in fact I was 6km away from home and on the far end of the beach last night when I got the phone call from my daughter that she was having a problems, that 6k run turned into a 6k sprint lol

I'll walk Richo later, I think I deserve Guinness or two later?.

So hows everyone been keeping?.

Glad your daughter is ok Mak and was well looked after by the hospital and no doubt will be well looked after now at home.

I've been out stalking bumbles again. They love the lavender and it's in full bloom these days so much easier to snap them now.

Here's a greedy little fella filling up them pollen baskets.

512694.jpeg

512695.jpeg

512696.jpeg

Heading for the kitchen.......its time for dinner

Well.......at least you didn't try to fool us this time BB with some drawing :rolleyes: :-P and you actually got them this time, well done!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement