Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

...... you actually got them this time, well done!

Yes, and what wonderful pics they are too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

smurfjed wrote: »
    We do the nasal and throat swabs, I don’t find them unpleasant but some do find the nasal test painful.

I've heard from a recovering friend that the nasal test is very unpleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

0lddog wrote: »
    Great. :)

Would be mightly interested in your conclusions

( I tried to ask a question on the 'masks' thread in the CV19 forum and got trampled over by inane verbose posters intent on scoring points off each other )

Those threads are full of dreadful people. The Government are preparing public info for the safest and correct use of a mask. I already know how to use one and have been using one in shops for over a month now. But I'll still listen to the Government advice on using one safely. It all helps.

0lddog wrote: »
    Yes, and what wonderful pics they are too :)

Thanks! I only had to take about a thousand to get three semi decent ones! :D He looks like he's carrying mandarins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Lovely pleasant Spring day, starting to get a little chilly now. BBQ again for this evening's dinner, the BBQ doesn't know what's hit it this past few weeks but it's great to be getting the money's worth out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thanks! I only had to take about a thousand to get three semi decent ones! :D He looks like he's carrying mandarins!
    :D

They are divils for not keeping still when they are having their photographs taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm currently doing similar with a great or blue tit.. Not too sure which.... I feel like I'm in an old kit kat add... Each time I pick up the camera he flies away... Pick up my tea and there he his waltzing about.

I'm currently doing similar with a great or blue tit.. Not too sure which.... I feel like I'm in an old kit kat add... Each time I pick up the camera he flies away... Pick up my tea and there he his waltzing about.

Haha I could dance under my bird feeder and they'd pay no mind but the minute the camera comes out, they're gone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside eating cashews thinking they'd make a great pesto. Riveting stuff, i know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've heard from a recovering friend that the nasal test is very unpleasant.

I’ve done it 7 times, I don’t find it unpleasant at all but i do try to keep to the same nurse every time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Deskside eating cashews thinking they'd make a great pesto. Riveting stuff, i know..

They do! Saw an episode of a Inside the Factory at the Barilla factory in Italy and they use cashews rather than pine nuts in pesto genovese.

I am heading for bed, been awake since 5 so beginning to fade 🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Just in from a long day outside.
    Lit the fire, made tea. Pasta cooking.
    Glad of instant messaging as friends kept me laughing today. We would be too isolated without it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Youse are all fierce quiet, or did i not get the invite to the party? :eek: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m here there and everywhere :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I’m here there and everywhere :)

Are they all within 5k?.

Are they all within 5k?.

I have the wilderness all to myself :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I have the wilderness all to myself :D

Our resident grizzly adams :D

I’m looking well alright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

On the bedside.. perusing Boards and MacRumors.. watching animated Harley Quinn show.. feeling relaxed and lacking all the rage of earlier :D

• Advertisement

I'm just a ball of freckles, scalp got a good tan, thank feck i remembered the suncream :pac:

Anyone any ideas on refurbished phones? I have a phone ordered but I can get a bigger model refurbished phone for similar price.

Mines refurbished, Auto.
    I don't know anything about phones but... it works fine. No problems. I've had it for a year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Anyone want to explain what a refurbished phone is?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Anyone want to explain what a refurbished phone is?

Basically a second hand phone

Depends on usuage and the lifetime you expect from a phone. Battery would be my primary concern.

• Advertisement

Depends on usuage and the lifetime you expect from a phone. Battery would be my primary concern.

Comes with a new battery and I’ve been told it’s like new. I’m torn between the 2

New battery makes it tempting, like you i'd be firmly stuck on the fence :o

New battery makes it tempting, like you i'd be firmly stuck on the fence :o

That’s me

Although i do have a brand new phone in the post to me currently haha

Although i do have a brand new phone in the post to me currently haha

Ooohhh what did you choose?

• Advertisement

Sony xperia z something

Sony xperia z something

Oh fancy ;) I looked at the Samsung s20 and I just couldn’t justify the price, I found it was more expensive than the iPhone 11

Only 150 euro so sod it..

I'd LOVE a new phone. Mines sh!te. One with a great camera. But I break every phone I buy. The fancier it is, the faster I smash it. :( So the cheaper it is.. desto besser fur mich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I'm afraid phones are my weakness...I'll be getting the new OnePlus 8 Pro hopefully in a few weeks...child at Xmas syndrome for me!

I'm a wanna be tech head, i love gadgets and gizmos and high end things but shy away from spending on them!. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On the couch, been snoozing on and off all day. We got chinese tonight. Still watching modern families, cannot cope with the excitement of my life

Generation sex injects the sperms of worms into the eggs of fieldmice so they can look real nice for the boys.

Round and round and round it goes in my head. I tried listening to the whole song but it didn't work and that one bit won't stop haunting me.

I tried listening to other songs but it keeps coming back.

Anyways, living room, having a slice of toast at this hour! :/

Generation sex injects the sperms of worms into the eggs of fieldmice so they can look real nice for the boys.

Round and round and round it goes in my head. I tried listening to the whole song but it didn't work and that one bit won't stop haunting me.

I tried listening to other songs but it keeps coming back.

Anyways, living room, having a slice of toast at this hour! :/

Neil hannon is effing brilliant

Neil hannon is effing brilliant

He is but I'm starting to go mad I think.

• Advertisement

He is but I'm starting to go mad I think.

Europe - Final Countdown

Bros - When will I be famous

Europe - Final Countdown

Bros - When will I be famous

I'll try it

I'll try it

Genuine earworm eaters :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks in*

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Peeks in behind Seph. :p

A miserable, cold day here but I was busy with work work until mid afternoon. I hope the weather picks up a bit, we were spoiled with the sunny weather.

It's sunny, just cooler

*peeks back at Seph*

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Just back from roadside. Love cycling in the night watching the woods for shiny eyes.😳😄

The day started chaotic as a buyer of my vacuum asked me to send it despite the clear message of not sending it in the advertisement. Do you know these people? 🤨

He was quite nice and persuaded me as he was paying for the postage up front and promising me a coupon for DHL. A big sigh and ok from me...but i don’t have a functioning printer. I told him to send me a QR code but he send me an pdf. And that’s where the trouble starts...

Asking around my neighbours i heard everything. Don’t have a printer, no ink, computer broken...so up i went on my bike to the city center another 11km away. DHL can not process a pdf, they need a QR code...grrrr. Stationary shop can’t copy via wifi or BT to their old style copier. So i went to a friends place without a printer but a computer. There i downloaded the pdf, put it on an usb stick and went again to the stationary shop. After a bit of haggling i got two copies out of it for 0,40€. 😜

Too late to get home to the parcel as the local DHL shop closes at 18.00 straight.😳

What the heck...friend invited me for a impromptu BBQ and i stayed.😂

Best decision of the day, ha! Perfect food, a few beers and rum&coke. Every day which ends this way is a good one! Tomorrow might look different as i have to get the parcel to the next village (by bike). 🤔😂

Wherever you are...i wish you a satisfying Wednesday. 😁👍

Chasing your tail a bit eh?. Scoring a bbq out of it is savage though, nicely done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Up and down up and down
    Right now I’m in bed

• Advertisement

Wide awake now.
    Wondering why people are so reticent with their feelings.
    Life is too short for that.
    Alsowondering about the viability of 1980s Teasmaids.
    I shouldnthave to go downstairs for tea in my condition. Lol.

Crikey Black forest, if you account for your time and effort, that vacuum cleaner needs to double in price now! Some people, eh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement