Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting eating cheese and crackers , the sky is clearing somewhat , might just turn into a bright evening thankfully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Glitched out since my last post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I cut the grass.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sitting eating cheese and crackers , the sky is clearing somewhat , might just turn into a bright evening thankfully :)

Bright blue sky here for the last couple of hours but very, very cold :(

Its like when there is high pressure in January. Needs to cloud over or 'twill be icy tonight.

About to go walk-side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon all, how's everyone?

I was a bit of a silly billy earlier, I went into town to get my DA money, but I was a week early, opps :o

Regarding the masks, my mom is making me some with cats and pretty designs on the front :D

Sitting on the couch, I better go and tackle my emails now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I was a bit of a silly billy earlier, I went into town to get my DA money, but I was a week early, opps :o

I turned up a year early to renew my driving licence... morto :pac::eek:

Deskside waiting for my team "COVID-CALL" at 6... early for the Americans.. late for Dave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Are youtaking a B vitamin complex, Shoes?
    I was on chemo drugs and they really helped stop the hair loss.

Not going walking til that black cloud passes ...
    No Widders. Would you recommend? I’m on vitamin D and folic acid and I take head high and some advanced nutrition vitamins though.

Sitting in kitchen drinking cranberry juice wearing glorified pjs and Chanel Gabrielle perfume, priorities.

It's beer o' clock for Wednesday night beers. It's also curry night. Online chats with London this evening. Saying my goodbyes as I've decided it's not viable due to the crapstorm we are in. I will see what's available in Ireland. Uncertainty, but I've been here before.

Just opened a beer. Early start. Early finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

No Widders. Would you recommend? I’m on vitamin D and folic acid and I take head high and some advanced nutrition vitamins though.

Sitting in kitchen drinking cranberry juice wearing glorified pjs and Chanel Gabrielle perfume, priorities.

I've started using this...I have noticed an improvement i must admit

• Advertisement

Where’s that from Panda

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm just reading the nutritional benefits on a pack of dog treats and pondering eating them myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It's beer o' clock for Wednesday night beers. It's also curry night. Online chats with London this evening. Saying my goodbyes as I've decided it's not viable due to the crapstorm we are in. I will see what's available in Ireland. Uncertainty, but I've been here before.

Hard decision to have had to make G , fingers crossed a good job in your field turns up here for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've started using this...I have noticed an improvement i must admit

Awesome!!! Love that elderberry are catching on. They're magical.

Try Lamberts B-100 complex andthen drop downto B-50 complexwhen those are finished, Shoes :)

Lamberts are good.No fillers.

Just went for my millionth walk and overheard someone near me say to his friend "nice big red fox!" I nearly burst outlaughingand Im stillsmirking.

Big will be the operative word soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Where’s that from Panda

Horans health in tralee..I'm sure it's fairly widely available elsewhere

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Woo hoo, go Widders :D

Am couchside, no walks for me today, maybe some gentle stretches, body still grumbling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My next dream job if they remove the US Citizen requirement :)
    Virgin Galactic is the world’s first publicly traded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users.
    Virgin Galactic is recruiting two pilots to join its team to support the ongoing flight test program of the current spaceflight system, as well as that of its follow-on vehicles, and commercial spaceflight operations.

@Grandeeod, I assume that this WFH concept wont work for you in relation to this London company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home after a great day in the office.
    Great because i was in the office and not at home like usual. It's like going on holiday.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hard decision to have had to make G , fingers crossed a good job in your field turns up here for you .

Cheers Mam. Really no choice with all the uncertainty on both sides of the pond. TV/Film production is basically shut down. That filters on to the Corporate/Promotional version. I might be able to get some WFH here, but at the moment there's more freelancers than actual work.
    smurfjed wrote: »
    @Grandeeod, I assume that this WFH concept wont work for you in relation to this London company?

The London company were a bigger outfit with a dedicated production facility so WFH wasn't their thing. Add to that the fact that there is currently almost no work in live action terms. I'm sure that people have noticed all recent Corporate/Promo/Advertising stuff that they are seeing on TV and social media is animation based or footage from Phones. So no room for Camera Ops and limited work for editors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Grandeeod wrote:

God I'd love a beer. Is it icy cold and refreshing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My next dream job if they remove the US Citizen requirement :)

And will mutt be allowed go to work with you too ;):)

Arguing with my friend because I love him.
    Not like that.

Autosport wrote: »

Space Mutt - to infinity and more treats!.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mutts aren't allowed on planes but cats are ;)

pilot-cat

:pac:

Kitchenside making a cupan tae.

Glitch

Trying to imagine a dog and cat pilot team.. One wondering where they are going and the other deciding they are already there so it's nap time :rolleyes:

Hmmm interesting Seph :D

Couchside watching The murder of Becky watts

A little tipple and starting to watch hollywood

You off tonight Grem?

Living room. Just finished episode 1 of I know This Much Is True. Very good.

Now I might watch a chick flick though. Trashiest thing I can find on Netflix.

• Advertisement

Btw Grem the final countdown worked! I started singing it instead but it doesn't go round and round. Magic!

You off tonight Grem?

I am indeed, got to be up kinda early though, need to get things to spoil the missus for her upcoming birthday..

I am indeed, got to be up kinda early though, need to get things to spoil the missus for her upcoming birthday..

I'm delighted to hear that :) You need a night off too

Btw Grem the final countdown worked! I started singing it instead but it doesn't go round and round. Magic!

It's deadly innit? Don't know why it doesn't stick but it's totally helped me out of earworm hell a few times.

It's deadly innit? Don't know why it doesn't stick but it's totally helped me out of earworm hell a few times.

It's strange. I know I'm a weirdo but.. when I realized it wasn't catching I kept singing it to make it catch to prove it would catch even though the last thing I wanted was another earworm, but it just didn't catch!

BuileBeag I've tested it, don't know why it works for some but delighted it sorted it out for you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Having a sandwich, ham, egg, tomato, green stuff and coleslaw involved, savage

In bed trying to decide what mischief to get up to tomorrow

• Advertisement

Walking time for me, but gotta have a Nespresso first.

Just home from work, couple of coffees then walk with the dog.
    Looks like a lovely day so far!

tenor.gif

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast with honey 😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Half way through my last assignment ....its due the 22nd then IM FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Why is this week so long oh gad! As I was slowly wakening up and coming round to myself this morning I thought, is it Saturday? Then I was like, no it's Friday. Then it hit me, like a kick in the chestnuts, it's Thursday!! Mother Mary pray for us. Jesus of Nazareth pray for us etc etc...

Trying to settle my heartrate with tea. I was only reading an email from a friend inviting me to stay as soon as this is over, and the memories of last time, all those OTHER HUMAN BEINGS and doing all of the things and seeing all the places. Im not even joking. My hands are trembling. Standing in the sun listening to The Corrs. She had a good voice.

Why the hell can I smell carrot cake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

It hit me wednesday, what the re-opening phases will bring (and set me on edge)... Grown rather fond of my privacy with fewer disturbances and social expectations. Cringe to think about going back to all those stressful peopley things. Guess I had more energy then, dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home office side doing some bird watching out the window.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    It hit me wednesday, what the re-opening phases will bring (and set me on edge)... Grown rather fond of my privacy with fewer disturbances and social expectations. Cringe to think about going back to all those stressful peopley things. Guess I had more energy then, dunno.

I feel weird about it too.
    I feel like it happened so something else could start but I dont know what.

Tried sitting by the pool for my 15 minutes of vitamin D, but my IPAD complained that it was too hot and turned itself off :)

Got my 8 km walk done :)

Tried sitting by the pool for my 15 minutes of vitamin D, but my IPAD complained that it was too hot and turned itself off :)

Got my 8 km walk done :)

Isn't it gas the way the world has changed. Technology and society. At one time iPads were rare enough but now nearly every second person has one.

Car side feeling ponderous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement