Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

I'm grumpy. Just had a right rant in the TA thread. I'm lying on my bed with two dogs and trying to think of a song to play that will put me in a happy mood. Hmmmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I'm grumpy. Just had a right rant in the TA thread. I'm lying on my bed with two dogs and trying to think of a song to play that will put me in a happy mood. Hmmmmm...

Whatever you do, don't play Happy by Pharrell Williams.
    *shudders*

Whatever you do, don't play Happy by Pharrell Williams.
    *shudders*

You know I would.. but I overplayed it and I'm gone off it. That's my problem right now.. I've overplayed too many of my happy songs lately.

You know I would.. but I overplayed it and I'm gone off it. That's my problem right now.. I've overplayed too many of my happy songs lately.

I recommend modest mouse float on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from a walk and the shop, I got tub haagen daz vanilla.........this won't end well............

Give this a listen and watch, hard not to smile and have a hug as well

*hugs*

Thanks ACPC and Seph. I'd decided on this..

https://youtu.be/ivvs_qL6t_c

But putting you guyses on the playlist!

Ooooh this is such a happy song!! I know it of course but I didn't know it was modest mouse. (I'm very uncool). It's totally hit the right note!

Just back from a walk and the shop, I got tub haagen daz vanilla.........this won't end well............

Give this a listen and watch, hard not to smile and have a hug as well

*hugs*

I don't like this song as much the other one of theirs you shared with me ( I was having Sonic the hedgehog flashbacks!)but I loved the video because that keyboardist had me laughing out loud!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed, telling myself I must not nap , I must not nap .

I don't like this song as much the other one of theirs you shared with me

I see.......aw well that's ok, no harm done :)

*pushed red button*

tenor.gif

:pac:

Lying on my bed, telling myself I must not nap , I must not nap .

I see.......aw well that's ok, no harm done :)

*pushed red button*

tenor.gif

No please!!! You can't do this!!! Call them off!! I won't go easy! Get your hands off me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

No I did like the song but just not as much as that other song yesterday is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Excellent choice! A good to when I get wound up. Not only is the music uplifting it always reminds me of a laid back friend who, when I knew him at least, floated beautifully through life with a laugh waiting to bubble to the surface. Always puts a smile on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Afternoon all :) Very busy doing housework that I forgot to post in here :eek: Will you ever be able to forgive me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon all, how's everyone?

I got the bloods done in the Drs, yay :D wasn't asked to wear a mask in the end, which I was surprised about

Sitting down, deciding what to do next

Autosport wrote: »
    Will you ever be able to forgive me ;)

I'm afraid not......*releases the puppies*

puppy%2Battack%2B1.gif

Sitting out the back garden, reading & perusing boards.
    Am loving these do nothing days :)

Sofa side with coffee, digesting a double helping of chilli con carne and rice (I've to build my strength up following 3 weeks of delicacy - that's my excuse anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just out of the shower and in ****ing loungewear that I spent almost 40 euro on only for it to arrive looking like boring pjs. Never mind. They’re clean I suppose! Waiting for last load of washing to dry and all the chores are then complete. Until this evening when I’ve to cook dinner tho I’ll have a look in that Paul Flynn book and see what’s fool proof

Sitting in the garden, drinking a cold banana smoothie, terrier sitting on top of me! Going through the lush website trying to choose some stuff.

Sitting in the garden, drinking a cold banana smoothie, terrier sitting on top of me! Going through the lush website trying to choose some stuff.

At least the website doesn't stink .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

bubblypop wrote: »
    Sitting out the back garden, reading & perusing boards.
    Am loving these do nothing days :)

Back garden, reading thriller type book, glued to boards, sunning myself...
    Good run done earlier, so I dont feel too lazy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

4Ad wrote: »
    Back garden, reading thriller type book, glued to boards, sunning myself...
    Good run done earlier, so I dont feel too lazy..

In home office slaving away and looking out at the neighbors sunning themselves. I am sure yer wan over the way is having a cocktail too.
    Its like they are deliberately trying to wind me up! :mad:

In home office slaving away and looking out at the neighbors sunning themselves. I am sure yer wan over the way is having a cocktail too.
    Its like they are deliberately trying to wind me up! :mad:

Lord you’re after putting an awful thirst on me but I’m on a rake of steroids at the moment so shouldn’t......
    I saw a video where they made a cocktail with twister lollies and vodka though... I haven’t taken the nutri bullet out of the press in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hey gang :)

Finally managing to settle down a little, hospital visits are over for another few weeks unless we get an emergency like the other night.

One standout moment over the last few days was a wonder haemophiliac nurse in James Hospital, you know the type of person you meet and instantly know they're a genuinely good person?, well one of those.

During part of a consultation my daughter was given not so good news on her haemophilia and started to cry.. The stand out part for us was when the nurse said ''I'd love to give you a hug, I'm a mother of a daughter too, but I can't'' [due to Covet]

I know my daughter would have loved one from her, but it must be very tough on a kind caring nurse not to be able to hug one of her patients when they need one.

Nurses are the best.

So, settling down to some online purchases, then a read out my back garden and waiting to go for a run later.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    At least the website doesn't stink .

Haha I guessed someone would say that. My mam can't even walk near the shop without getting a headache! It doesn't bother me but it is certainly overpowering when you're in there.

Handy place to get cruelty free stuff online.

I'm a comfortable seat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Lord you’re after putting an awful thirst on me but I’m on a rake of steroids at the moment so shouldn’t......
    I saw a video where they made a cocktail with twister lollies and vodka though... I haven’t taken the nutri bullet out of the press in ages

I need to block you - mouth is wattttttering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couchside, shop trip did not go well boo :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grr database error double post..

Couchside, shop trip did not go well boo :(

What happened Grem?

What happened Grem?

Trying to gather things for my lady for her birthday, didn't go well..

• Advertisement

Trying to gather things for my lady for her birthday, didn't go well..

Aww no. Are you out of time? Birthdays are tricky this year.

I'm celebrating it tomorrow and Saturday with her, Saturday is the day itself but I'm working.

Lying on bed full of ice-cream, my tummy hurts ☹️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Glorious sunshine here and have spent most of the afternoon out in the garden :) Half way through my book :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting watching news with a spinning head.
    Every time I sit down and relax, boom ,dizziness and nausea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My fella is working evenings this week so I’m after having my dinner alone in the garden (carbonara) and have almost a full bottle of whispering angel drank. I’m listening to 80s ballads all evening, is there anything better? He’s not even here but I can hear him shhhhing me in my head :D I feel absolutely sloshed and just peeked inside fo see the mount of dishes I still need to wash. Fcuk :pac:
    I tie dyed a load of clothes earlier so I’ll be looking massive on my trips to Lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Back from a long cycle in the sunshine. A sentence I never thought I would say! It was lovely though. Now about to stick on the final episode of "Giri Haji" which is a damn good show btw and some popcorn might be had!
    Got stopped at a Garda checkpoint a couple of mornings ago on my way to see if there was anywhere new and interesting to have a nice walk, and he asked "where are you going to?" So I stared blankly back for a few seconds and then it dawned on me I hadn't a clue. :pac:
    Eventually I mumbled "Lidl" which I could see in the distance and he said "on you go". So I then had to take a completely unwanted venture into Lidl in case he was watching me from his position in the road before going for my stroll on the canal after. Really need to plan my journeys better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Kitchenside feeling extremely lonely tonight. Didn't see a soul today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

this is one of the masks my mom made :D

watching a programme on cats, yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's lovely AspieWriter, functional and pretty !

Shepherds pie in the oven , for tomorrow . Brother rang earlier asking had we eaten dinner yet , I said no , which apparently was the correct answer as he was on the way down with two bacon,cabbage and potatoe dinners !

Lovely surprise and tasted great , and even better that I didn't cook it . Tis definitely the little things :)

• Advertisement

I'm just in the door from herding cats. Literally. Two would come in and I'd go out to retrieve the other one and one of them would sneak out. When I'd go to get that one the other two would scarper ! I shut the door on them and left them stew for an hour while they stared in at mr with starving orphan eyes. Thinking they'd fly in due to hunger I relented and tried again. Well, no. In the mean time something small and furry had scuttled into a shrub and they were intent on smoking it out. I had to entice them individually with cat treats and man handle each struggling bundle of furious fur into the house and and deposit it behind an internal doors before going out for the next one. Smudge took 15 minutes!
    Give me strength!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Soooo ladies...... have you been milking any cucumbers recently?

My head can't able, milking cucumbers? No, not even trying to figure that out.

Soooo ladies...... have you been milking any cucumbers recently?

Do my posts read like those of a woman with ready access to a cucumber that needs a good milking? I just wrote a paragraph about chasing cats, FFS!

Just finished dinner, roasted chicken with roasted garlic and red wine vinegar. Chicken looked like it was giving birth to a lemon when it went in the oven. Tasted unreal actually. Usually I’d just bang it in the oven for two hours (or once left it on the counter while the oven was on for two hours) but took great care to follow instructions today and it was lovely. I like his book cause it is based on what you can buy in lidl so nothing too exotic in it. Had to speak to GP this am (over phone thankfully) who put me on steroids til I see the consultant. Called the consultant rooms this afternoon and my best friend from school answered the phone. Had a good catch up with her and have an app to see consultant tomorrow evening. I’ll be crying having to pay him but at least with next flare I’ll know what to do... an investment I suppose

Deskside thinking of making popcorn
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm just in the door from herding cats. Literally. Two would come in and I'd go out to retrieve the other one and one of them would sneak out. When I'd go to get that one the other two would scarper ! I shut the door on them and left them stew for an hour while they stared in at mr with starving orphan eyes. Thinking they'd fly in due to hunger I relented and tried again. Well, no. In the mean time something small and furry had scuttled into a shrub and they were intent on smoking it out. I had to entice them individually with cat treats and man handle each struggling bundle of furious fur into the house and and deposit it behind an internal doors before going out for the next one. Smudge took 15 minutes!
    Give me strength!

How old are they Sar? do you let them out everyday?

https://ibb.co/Q9sSTpF

Just realized I almost burned my house down

Autosport wrote:
    Evening all Glorious sunshine here and have spent most of the afternoon out in the garden Half way through my book

How's the oul legend himself keeping Auto? Tell him I said howdy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

It's funny watching the Simpsons on Disney..some episodes are censored!

PS.. somebody needs to give their box a good clear out

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

this is one of the masks my mom made :D

watching a programme on cats, yay

Aspie, that looks the business.

Did she intuitively know what to make or is it based on a pattern / guide ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement