Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

https://ibb.co/Q9sSTpF

Just realized I almost burned my house down

Cant figure out the pic. Good call getting the steroids ( short term nasty to avoid long term joint damage ). Hope it goes well for you tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

0lddog wrote: »
    Aspie, that looks the business.

Did she intuitively know what to make or is it based on a pattern / guide ?

Thanks olddog :D it's based on a pattern/guide, my mom's big into sewing so she found it fairly easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cant figure out the pic. Good call getting the steroids ( short term nasty to avoid long term joint damage ). Hope it goes well for you tomorrow.

It’s my blind, with the stick part burnt to hell and the material scorched.
    I don’t mind being on the steroids they give me some burst of energy, but it’s just trying to remember them early in the morning and then to taper the dose is a pain but sure look I’ve nobody to blame but myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

How's the oul legend himself keeping Auto? Tell him I said howdy

I will of course :) He’s a busy man working and keeping me happy ;)

Now sitting in the car watching the birds fly into their nests :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thanks olddog :D it's based on a pattern/guide, my mom's big into sewing so she found it fairly easy

How is it held up ? I've seen some using elastic and others that are tied with a couple of bows ( struck me bows might be difficult to do but more comfortable ). Is the pattern on line ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside after a day in the sun. One of these days I'll catch up on this thread.

Hope you're all well and behaving yourselves! :p

How is it held up ? I've seen some using elastic and others that are tied with a couple of bows ( struck me bows might be difficult to do but more comfortable ). Is the pattern on line ?

it has elastic bands at the back of it (goes behind the ears), I don't believe so but there are loads of others on youtube :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Couchside after a day in the sun. One of these days I'll catch up on this thread.

Hope you're all well and behaving yourselves! :p

I don't think you're missing much.

I've just trimmed my man bits. If the grass is cut, then I need to be cut too. Feels really good now inside the boxers. Happy out!

A nice glass of Tiger beer and then the leftover portion of hot curry with spicy wedges. No need for rice when it's a scoop job. Have some chocolate here too. Might have some afterwards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Netflix and bored.

Grem a second night off :eek:

I need to sit down for this :D

Enjoy and don’t be bored, plenty to do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside with a glas of wine in hand.🍷😄

Back from roadside and another nice impromptu BBQ. Friend of mine had his eldest son (10) over for spare ribs ( the long ones ) with a bit of coleslaw and potato salad. Perfect late lunch, yummy 😋.

Before that i was lucky to source suet balls for the granny next door. That’s a standing order as nearly no shop has them anymore. Of course i got what i could...four containers all in all. Of course i didn’t have my little trailer with me *sigh*. Have you ever tried to fix round containers on a bicycle rack? 😳😜

So i had to split it and carry only two back with me. At least the little birds didn’t had to go to bed hungry.🐥😄

Had to fix my last surviving pannier with cable ties as well. The money i needed for a new one has to be used for a new battery for my old Samsung Galaxy S3. Thankfully they can be changed for around 10€, ha!

Go away with your fancy phones which die when the battery dies. WA works on old 3G phones as well.😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cable ties, never leave the office without them :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a glasseen of cola
    Deskside with a glas of wine in hand.🍷😄

Back from roadside and another nice impromptu BBQ.

You're a popular man BF ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Cable ties, never leave the office without them :)

This ^^^^

...and Gaffer tape. 😂

@Sephers...they needed a third man to deal with this chunk of meat... 🍖 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

How old are they Sar? do you let them out everyday?

Gilbert and Itty Bitty were born 7 years ago this month. I think Smudge was about 6 months when she had them. She is a tiny cat and I thought she was younger than she was, otherwise I would have had her neutered before she got preggers.

Yes, I let them out whenever the weather permits and their flea, tick and worm treatments are up to date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I swear to God I just heard a crow snoring! :D

I swear to God I just heard a crow snoring! :D

Nooooo way?

Couchside with a glass of red,pizza and wedges in the oven, no work tomorrow, watching First Dates Hotel, it doesn't get much better than this. 😂

Also wondering is Grandee randee tonight lol.

Nooooo way?

Way! I didn't know they snored like that. There's big old sycamores in the field next to us that crows nest in and was out the back there a few minutes back, deadly silent and I heard the crow snoring away up in the trees. You learn something new every day :pac:

Work for the night.
    Ugh.
    5 days off after this, hope the weather keeps up for the weekend

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I don't think you're missing much.

I've just trimmed my man bits. If the grass is cut, then I need to be cut too. Feels really good now inside the boxers. Happy out!

A nice glass of Tiger beer and then the leftover portion of hot curry with spicy wedges. No need for rice when it's a scoop job. Have some chocolate here too. Might have some afterwards.

I'm really cutting down on screen time and feel much better for it.

Now I'm obliged to cut the grass and do a bit of "personal landscaping" too! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, gonna open my dry roasted nuts now

Ahhh.....so that's what ye meant by "Cutting the Grass", makes sense :pac:

I'm not around here as much in post terms, but read it for a laugh. Enjoying the eatin thread though.

If you cut the grass and look after the "personal landscaping" please let me know. It will be the most interesting news I've had in weeks Leggie!:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm not around here as much in post terms, but read it for a laugh. Enjoying the eatin thread though.

If you cut the grass and look after the "personal landscaping" please let me know. It will be the most interesting news I've had in weeks Leggie!:D

I'll save it as a weekend treat, Sepher's dry roasted nuts will have to do you for tonight!

I'll save it as a weekend treat, Sepher's dry roasted nuts will have to do you for tonight!

Well my nuts are smooth anyway.:D

tenor.gif?itemid=13445868

And it's goodnight from me!:D

I'll admit this much, I had been feeling sorry for the job my hairdresser will have when the salon reopens but recently I've been feeling more sorry for my beautician lol.

I had a few cans last Saturday night and didn't touch alcohol since....until tonight, and I think I'm going to make up for the dry nights tonight, total self sabotage mood, I had a terrible day workwise,dropped a colleague in the sh*t completely accidentally yesterday and it kept me awake last night and was the first thing I thought of this morning, it gave me a headache as I was feeling so bad,then just had a troublesome day and just before I was due to finish the sh*t hit the fan,it's even more difficult when you're wfh, I was in shocking form all evening, didn't even go for a walk and ate complete crap.

Tomorrow will be better and hopefully weather is great for the weekend, I think there has to be more to life than working.Are we due a shenanigans weekend here,we've been very quiet recently 😂

Love it! Correct attitude.

all excited for tomorrow, we're going down to Cork for my granny's birthday (who will be 100!):D. Have permission from the garda, nice to see her although it will be at a distance

Heading for bed..

DD, hope your Friday is better!!!

Watching money heist from the very start, I came in late to the series and it seemed good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Because its been a shít week... month...tbh year! :D
    I'll give you all a little giggle....here's a pic of Panda on his special day :)

• Advertisement

Panda, that's like a scene from the omen. :eek:

I won't be anywhere near a bannister when you're on your tricycle!

It's movie night again, like nearly every other night. Watching Hell Drivers (1957), about a group of reprobates racing each other to reach the highest quota. Who knew driving trucks for ballast could get the pulse flying. Great cast of luminaries featuring a menacing Patrick McGoohan (he always had that glare) and Sean Connery several years before strapping on the Bond wig. Cracking stuff.

Bertie that sounds right up my street, thanks..

Just finished watching Hollywood, it wandered along but really came good..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hello peeps!

Just a quick check in to let you know I’m doing ok. Very busy with working from home these days. Looking forward to the weekend! :):cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I am finished my exams ...and I have just sent off my last assignment.

They better not follow me up with anything right now. Because FRANKLY my dear I don't give a damn!

IM FINISHED DONE

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Chawing valium, and difiene. Shooook with my back. Lord save us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Chawing valium, and difiene. Shooook with my back. Lord save us

Sorry to hear that shoes, must be serious if you are on them meds...fingers crossed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Speaking of exams, where is Kitty?

Nothing to report from here except they made us all move rooms last night, really the wonder who comes up with these bright ideas, but calling 40 people at 10pm and telling them to move up two floors is kinda ridiculous.

Anyway time for my walk :)

Ahhh finished work till next Wednesday :)
    Time for our walk too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back from a stroll, time to put on work face. Thankfully WFH, so no effort required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Poolside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Good morning :)

Resolved my difference of opinion with one of my dearest friends, but as usual it was sealed with secrets. Why do people always tell me their secrets as a peace offering? Showin a bit of their soul? Well it's a good thing I like life strange :)

The sun is performing beautifully again :)

Just drinking tea & folic acid, going to hang some washing up and then bumble around aimlessly again.

Deskside with the sweet stuff ☕☕ will be opening another new one tomorrow.

Cos I got the golden ticket..... God I love Fridays :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside, coffee and a mountain of data to sift through... riveting stuff! :pac: but I like it :D

0?e=1592438400&v=beta&t=MW7OavFgxK_kHIsNMs-B32MtUWlfx1vydsLYe5FTmCo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office/spare room, trying to login to the shared database system of my institution to no avail.

Emailed the IT guy who (like everyone else at the moment) is working remotely from home, but he is on annual leave just at the time when I really need him. Grrr!!!

Thank FÙCK its Friday!!!! In two hours I'll be back in bed. In seven hours I'll be mouth deep in a vat of booze. HUZZAHH!!

Work from homeside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Thank FÙCK its Friday!!!! In two hours I'll be back in bed. In seven hours I'll be mouth deep in a vat of booze. HUZZAHH!!

I was waiting for..

In nine months.....

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cos I got the golden ticket..... God I love Fridays :)

Love that film !

Happy Friday to you nice people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning wherers. Finally finished the morning ablutions, feeding and watering of humans and felines. Enjoying a second cup of coffee before I bring Dad for his laps . Lovely day out there round my way. Pondering what to make myself for dinner...

Morning all :)

Happy Friday!

I’m off out on a lovely walk in the woods :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement