Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

Not long outta the shower, lying on my bed, too lazy to dry my hair because it's so boring and it takes forever!! And now I'm after getting a photo of my gran, in her nursing home, with her hair all set in curlers and her nails freshly painted. And I'm thinking.. I need to get my sh!t together. My 101 year Gran is a thousand times more glam than me these days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside after dinner it was savage! *Pat's belly*

I love kinder bars!!!

I'll figure out a way to ensure I'm on that list. Just have to get on your good side and stay there . Hmmmm...

I got some for all the gals in here 😏 ;) but Sorry I ate them before I had a chance to give them out them out to ye, sorry ladies

74fe3845d5897d7bce9489fcf43e4877.jpg

😸

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh what's a mini kinder bar?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One of these gremmy

fdd577b6e5daf12f4cc85515e6a002fb.jpg

There savage with a cupan tae loike!

Delicious little kinder surprise flavoured bars, aimed at kids that are bloody delicious.

Grem, please tell Seph we are no longer friends!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aha, i get you now. They are savage, i was wondering if buenos came in little sweet sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

There savage with a cupan tae loike!

They're fierce tasty in fairness Seph ;)

*Does best puppy dog eyes impression*

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTHjzyqg9acdvN1Kxd47e2FnDqhkVIkadZpDpJy_E3SAkYfYrfa&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Delicious little kinder surprise flavoured bars, aimed at kids that are bloody delicious.

I prefer the kinder bars myself. Kids are alright I suppose, but I wouldn't call them delicious. I couldn't eat a whole one.

Grem, I thought I was living a far too quiet a life but jaysus, if you haven't had a mini kinder bar you truly haven't lived.

Buile, your glam gran has persuaded me to do a spot of grooming before tonight's video call with himself.

• Advertisement

Luckily i have had them i just got confused, luckily i have chocolate cake here :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I prefer the kinder bars myself. Kids are alright I suppose, but I wouldn't call them delicious. I couldn't eat a whole one.

Grem, I thought I was living a far too quiet a life but jaysus, if you haven't had a mini kinder bar you truly haven't lived.

Buile, your glam gran has persuaded me to do a spot of grooming before tonight's video call with himself.

Hahaha yep that was badly worded! :D:D:D

She inspired me to not just dry my hair but run the straightener through it, so it's smooth and glossy. I'm usually WAY too lazy for that. Thinking I might paint my nails as well. Have to keep up don't I! :D

Enjoy your video call! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In the sitting room, about to have a take-away.... if it ever arrives!!!! There's nothing more appetising than the smell of vinegar wafting through the air when you're hungry and walking past a chippers.
    And likewise, there's nothing more frustrating than ordering from a chipper for delivery and still waiting 40 minutes later :)
    Anyway, looking at the latest announcement from the government we're all in safe hands, big focus on getting horse racing back ASAP.
    So while millions are out of work and people cant travel to see their loved ones, the focus is on the auld horse racing issue.
    God help us all. Mind you, I'd give ya 4/1 that my take-away arrives before I go looking for a bag of crisps! ;)

I'll take those odds!.

Chillin like a villain. May you all have a lovely weekend. :)

Bloody hell it's been a while since I had proper chocolate cake.. Blooooooooated

Kitchen side, its time for a cupan tae!

I'm bored!! I want to do something. Go somewhere. Get up to some divilment. Siiiiiiigh!

I wish I was bloated with chocolate cake! Jealous!

I'm bored!! I want to do something. Go somewhere. Get up to some divilment. Siiiiiiigh!

Pretty sure I've eaten a week's calories today. :o

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I've eaten a week's calories today. :o

Yeah but it doesn't count on you or your OHs birthday though. Or the day before that birthday. Or the day after! ;) (Got ya covered!)

Listening to probably my favourite album of all time. Sufjan Stevens Carrie and Lowell.

About to watch the finale of Unorthodox on Netflix. Would highly recommend. The lead actor is brilliant in the role but so far the whole story is well told aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Listening to The Lumineers 'cause the dog likes to yip along with me.
    "Ive been trying to do it right.
    I've been living a lonely life.
    I don't know where I belong.
    But I can write a song.
    I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart."

*She's still holding in there against the odds.
    Starting to worry she's staying alive because I willed it so. Prolonging her natural lifespan somehow. But it could just be the power of custard creams :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Leggy , have you your skates on for Monday?
    Garden centres reopening :D

I'll be fighting people off with a yard brush and potting plants! :pac:

Beerside enjoying the silence and munching popcorn.

*slides bowl over to Sephers*

Deskside munching on bistro crisps

You didn't mean this sure ya didn't ?

*hopeful face*
    I'll be fighting people off with a yard brush and putting plants! :pac:

Beerside enjoying the silence and munching popcorn.

*slides bowl over to Sephers*

Ahhh too kind ! I didn't even have to slide my bowl over or nothing loike! 😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table......just got a photo sent to me from 20 years ago at a christening in Dingle.....I was 28 and half the size I am now......great,great times, young free and loads of get up and go......used drive to dingle every friday from from Cork and drive back on Sunday......done that for nearly 7 years.......looking at that photo now and God but I've aged badly.

*hopeful face*

Ahhh too kind ! I didn't even have to slide my bowl over or nothing loike! 😸

I have to be top of the best coffee pm list now!

Autosport wrote: »
    Me too :)

OMGEE!!! Himself said we need petrol for the lawnmower, so we're going to the garage to get some!!! So exciting!!!!

I even changed out of my pajamas into real clothes!!

Ok I switched my pj top for a hoodie. But it's not like anyones gonna see my cookie monster leggings when I'm in the car is it?!

Woop woop!

*hopeful face*

I didn't mean it but if you ate all the kinder in real life and didn't share with me, I'd throw a right tantrum!

gifted wrote: »
    Kitchen table......just got a photo sent to me from 20 years ago at a christening in Dingle.....I was 28 and half the size I am now......great,great times, young free and loads of get up and go......used drive to dingle every friday from from Cork and drive back on Sunday......done that for nearly 7 years.......looking at that photo now and God but I've aged badly.

It's a special place though isnt it.

• Advertisement

It is....but it's a long time since I spent any time down there..... I pop down every couple of years to have dinner with my oldest friend.....God but the memories we have of the place.......do you know it well Widders

It is....but it's a long time since I spent any time down there..... I pop down every couple of years to have dinner with my oldest friend.....God but the memories we have of the place.......do you know it well Widders

gifted wrote: »

I have special memories of Annascaul, Camp and more recently Monacappa. I nearly moved to Kerry just before C19. To Lauragh. I hope life takes me back to Kerry sometime as my heart seems to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

OMGEE!!! Himself said we need petrol for the lawnmower, so we're going to the garage to get some!!! So exciting!!!!

I even changed out of my pajamas into real clothes!!

Ok I switched my pj top for a hoodie. But it's not like anyones gonna see my cookie monster leggings when I'm in the car is it?!

Woop woop!

Meet you at the petrol pumps :D

I have special memories of Annascaul, Camp and more recently Monacappa. I nearly moved to Kerry just before C19. To Lauragh. I hope life takes me back to Kerry sometime as my heart seems to be there.

Camp is lovely.....drove through it many times heading to Tralee.

Autosport wrote: »
    Meet you at the petrol pumps :D

I waited and waited and you never showed. *Heartbreak emoji*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

At home thinking about all the animals I have ever loved... it’s mad isn’t it? Pets. It’s like these little creatures that live in your house and you can’t speak to each other but it doesn’t matter and you’re still best friends. I find it fascinating how they each have their own little personalities. Even the pet cow. My dad always knew by the swagger on her if she was in a good mood or a bad mood. I’m so happy I had so many pets growing up, I’d imagine I’d have been so lonely and wouldn’t have even knew it had I not grown up on the farm and had all those beautiful animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

At home thinking about all the animals I have ever loved... it’s mad isn’t it? Pets. It’s like these little creatures that live in your house and you can’t speak to each other but it doesn’t matter and you’re still best friends. I find it fascinating how they each have their own little personalities. Even the pet cow. My dad always knew by the swagger on her if she was in a good mood or a bad mood. I’m so happy I had so many pets growing up, I’d imagine I’d have been so lonely and wouldn’t have even knew it had I not grown up on the farm and had all those beautiful animals.
    Were you watching Imelda May? :D

To thine own self be true

Were you watching Imelda May? :D

No haha why where was she

No haha why where was she

On Tubridy lamenting her dead dog.

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t watch tubridy even if he was able to come on and talk to the dead dog to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I wouldn’t watch tubridy even if he was able to come on and talk to the dead dog to be honest

Theye should seriously consider a dead dog for LLS host. It would have a more genuine rapport with guests and audience.

Currently reclining in a silk kimono cursing crap Internet connection and charging cables that decide to stop working at a MOST inconvenient time...

Finally convinced the missus to watch The Morning Show :D

Really liking Gangs of London now. Just finished ep 4. Madly violent but finally getting into the storyline. It was a bit overpowered by the violence to begin with so a bit difficult to follow what was going on behind that but I'm into it now.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Currently reclining in a silk kimono cursing crap Internet connection and charging cables that decide to stop working at a MOST inconvenient time...

Hopefully it works tomorrow, the anticipation might ramp it up! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭anewme

On Tubridy lamenting her dead dog.

Read Imelda May lost her dog of many years.

Hate her music but every sympathy on the pet.

anewme wrote: »
    Read Imelda May lost her dog of many years.

Hate her music but every sympathy on the pet.

I'm not belittling losing a dog, that's awful but she spent about 5 minutes of the interview talking about it and then went into a lamenting poem about Coronavirus lockdown. It was all very heavy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Contemplating going to bed and watching the last episode of Trial By Media.

Sardonicat, hope you got the cables working !

Bedside sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Super chilled on the sofa, watching the TV - Inspector Morse and then Minder with the OH.

Gonna tune into DJ Funkybeak’s live 90s dance mix on FB in a few mins. He’s based in Vancouver BC so will only be getting warmed up at 3.30am.

Enjoy the weekend guys! :cool::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement