Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We want, nay, demand photos of Oscar!

Don't listen to gremmy we demand pics of Oscar 😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oscar's a nice name.

I can't take credit for that. He belongs to my neighbours but in truth he spends more time with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I can't take credit for that. He belongs to my neighbours but in truth he spends more time with me.

you have lovely cats :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't listen to gremmy we demand pics of Oscar 😸

Don't fight me, we want the same thing *dramtic swoon*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's why you don't let him out , in case he goes back to them :pac:
    Joke !!

Making chicken burgers soon , after that it's time to take it easy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

...Poor Oscar is a bit special and can't go outside because he forgets it's safe to come back in doors and freaks out and wanders off...

:D guess that makes me a bit special too *wanders off* :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Drinkies anyone?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Drinkies anyone?

The cure would be very welcome! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Surprise me Purple Mountain please !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

You on the "Paul McGrath Special" again? :D

You on the "Paul McGrath Special" again? :D

I blame the baileys and the whiskey

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    That's why you don't let him out , in case he goes back to them :pac:
    Joke !!

Ah you see, the living situation is complicated. My neighbours are abroad most of the time. Since Dad had the stroke it hasn't been safe for my three to stay in here so they've moved next door with Oscar. So Oscar gets a foster mummy when his owners ate awsy (80% of the time these days) and my three monsters have a safe place to stay at night.

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :D guess that makes me a bit special too *wanders off* :pac:

Have I given you a new excuse for being a dirty stop out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Kids down for the night. The Kinks Waterloo Sunset playing. Lovely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Have I given you a new excuse for being a dirty stop out?

Nope, just a new label for not being the sharpest tool in the shed :pac:

"I'm not stoopid, I'm special" :D

• Advertisement

Waiting on a Chinese delivery, also got a yoke for the TV and it has absolutely everything on it but I still can't find anything to watch.

Here you go:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/eVH1rJpikPaeySau5

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Nope, just a new label for not being the sharpest tool in the shed :pac:

"I'm not stoopid, I'm special" :D

Not a bit of it, Deja!

Bringing back memories of hyde park and malahide castle there :)

Waiting on a Chinese delivery, also got a yoke for the TV and it has absolutely everything on it but I still can't find anything to watch.

What ya getting?

What sort of thing do you like watching, between meself and herself we'd have suggestions

• Advertisement

Such a class band. Was great being able to see their headline set at Glastonbury last year from the comfort of the armchair.

Bringing back memories of hyde park and malahide castle there :)

Bringing back cringes of trying to be cool and setting my highly inflammable hair on fire when lighting a smoke in front of my most desired. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Bored off my tits .. watching the Eurovision show......a dose of covid doesn't seem half bad compared to this!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Surprise me Purple Mountain please !

I'm thinking a baileys on ice here.

Bored off my tits .. watching the Eurovision show......a dose of covid doesn't seem half bad compared to this!

It was the first positive I took from the covid crisis, when the Eurovision was cancelled :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I'm thinking a baileys on ice here.

Whenever we go out for a meal we always finish it off with a Baileys coffee each, even though neither of us would be big coffee drinkers but it's a very nice end to a meal

In pain today so had a hot bath. Helped a little. Did a clay face mask while I was at it. Feeling lovely and relaxed now. Broke 3 hair bands trying to get my hair into a bun on the top of my head so it wouldn't get wet. The joys of thick hair. Down to my last one now. I put clean sheets on the bed for tonight. Is there actually anything lovelier? Lovlier? Lovellier? Wait is that a word?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

got a yoke for the TV and it has absolutely everything on it but I still can't find anything to watch.

We have all these Sky channels and same as that f%^k all on any of them tonight, that's why I'm more of a reader than a TV watcher

What ya getting?

What sort of thing do you like watching, between meself and herself we'd have suggestions

We got chicken curry, fried rice, chicken balls, satay sauce and way too many chips...stuffed now and there was loads leftover ,I've started watching Closer,an oldie about infidelity, self sabotage night in earnest lol.

Ooh chicken balls, hate ordering them but tashty indeed.. I'm glad i no longer have a telly/channels, for me a subscription service and a few channel players do me grand.

• Advertisement

Chicken balls and satay sauce durrty
    *Homer drool face*

In pain today so had a hot bath. Helped a little. Did a clay face mask while I was at it. Feeling lovely and relaxed now. Broke 3 hair bands trying to get my hair into a bun on the top of my head so it wouldn't get wet. The joys of thick hair. Down to my last one now. I put clean sheets on the bed for tonight. Is there actually anything lovelier? Lovlier? Lovellier? Wait is that a word?
    Doesn't matter if it's a word, it's a thing.

Hope you're feeling better. Finally another person who's hair is too thick for hairbands. I thought I was the only one. Don't knock it Buile, I fear my hair will start to lose its thickness soon enough and I'm sad about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Bed....all picture no sound all day....even on the youngest chicks birthday.......Severe PMS but it's been denied..again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae, I don't know what to do with myself.

What has ya in pain? feel better, get the cats to comfort ya!

chicken balls, .
    Ooh chicken balls,

*Uncontrollable Sniggering*

I knew someone would stoop to chicken ball giggles

Doesn't matter if it's a word, it's a thing.

Hope you're feeling better. Finally another person who's hair is too thick for hairbands. I thought I was the only one. Don't knock it Buile, I fear my hair will start to lose its thickness soon enough and I'm sad about that.

It's so annoying. They snap left, right and centre here. My cats love playing with the broken ones though. They're like colourful worms! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone here use a slow cooker? I’m thinking of investing in one but have no clue where to start

Deskside with a cupan tae, I don't know what to do with myself.

What has ya in pain? feel better, get the cats to comfort ya!

Thanks Seph. Just arthritis but I was doing stuff out in the garden that made it worse. I knew it would but sure I persevered so I only have myself to blame! The cats are snuggling each other. I can't get a look in! :)

! The cats are snuggling each other. I can't get a look in! :)

That's because you didn't ask them if they wanted to play hide and seek last weekend 😸 and they felt left out ☹️.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »
    Anyone here use a slow cooker? I’m thinking of investing in one but have no clue where to start

I bought one but have never used it. Though people I know swear by them.
    The reason I don't use mine is , it's a Tesco job with no timer , so I'm afraid to put something on incase I don't get back/forget
    But there's loads of recipes for slow cooker meals so dive in

Time to feed the fur balls and kiss them good night (no sniggering, Seph!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

cj maxx wrote: »
    The reason I don't use mine is , it's a Tesco job with no timer , so I'm afraid to put something on incase I don't get back/forget

Yea a few people I know use them and swear by them but I was always reluctant as I was afraid it might go on fire when there’s no one at home

I knew someone would stoop to chicken ball giggles

I know right! How very immature of them !

🤐🤐🤐

🤭🤭

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Autosport wrote: »

Yes. Love mine for winter.
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7242524/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|14418476/c_2/3|19780844|Small+kitchen+appliances|14418587/c_3/4|cat_14418587|Slow+cookers+and+ovens|14418592.htm

That’s the one I have

Also recommend an air fryer

I need to feed my girl too and put her to bed.
    Wish she could open the tin and feed herself, I'm flaked out on the sofa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dancing in the kitchen to Duran Duran and then some Rick Astley. Great stuff! Lovin it. Might put a bit of mode on in a bit. Fun fun and fun is what we got here! Disco ball on full tilt!

:( wish I was at a kitchen disco!

I have a slow cooker but i don't call her that to her face!.

*grabs coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

:( wish I was at a kitchen disco!

It's a swinging and unplanned thing here. Great stuff. Gotta do it. Keeps the mind right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

cj maxx wrote: »

I bought one thinking it be great to throw everything in, in the morning when. I've energy and it will be tasty by dinnertime. One pot job done.

Every single recipe says braise the meat in a pan before adding it to the pot...... Ah here the reason I bought you was limit the mess.

The pot is still in the wrapper.

If anyone has a link to decent recipes that requires nothing more than bunging in the pot, please direct me :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement