Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Well, I very much enjoyed Ghost Love Score by Nightwish followed by Head like a Hole by N.I.N this morning.
    I hope my neighbours did, too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, I very much enjoyed Ghost Love Score by Nightwish followed by Hole in the Head by N.I.N this morning.
    I hope my neighbours did, too :)

Haha! Good for you Widders! Might I suggest sticking The Nails on repeat? You can give your lovely foxy hair a good thrash around whilst getting sweet, sweet revenge. ..

I am now gonna play it in the bathroom while I wash my own mass of tangles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Checking into thread to catch up. Every time I catch up, I want toast and honey. No bread. Will have cream crackers and honey I think.

I think I've a squatter in my house. (4 legged variety) Terrified!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anewme wrote: »
    Checking into thread to catch up. Every time I catch up, I want toast and honey. No bread. Will have cream crackers and honey I think.

I think I've a squatter in my house. (4 legged variety) Terrified!

Adequate substitution ;)

Deskside with the sweet stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I only use it for doing ham,throw it in before work in the morning with a can of coke

A can of coke ? WTF :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Lying on bed.......after a huge shouting match.....if I get out alive I'll never look at a woman again never mind live with one .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cooking a full breakfast for the family. The kid slept in the tent in the garden last night. He is delighted with himself but I am worn out with the worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Great news Fluffy and shopping always helps recovery :D

Anewme peanut butter on a trap ;)

I’m off to see what shenanigans I can get up to today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I nearly forgot

My earphones are broken already. Theyre 2weeksold. Shoddy, Ted :(

Christ Id love some shenanigans, I do not care what variety. Action, adventure, deadly peril...anything at all.
    Listening to "Love me like you do" on violin. Neighbour next to bouncy castle guy has "Stay safe stay home" chalked in huge letters on the road 'side his house, lol.

• Advertisement

Still in bed. My little social outing last night worked wonders for me. Gonna have sausage(s) now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Still in bed too, but awake since half 9.

Time to get up for coffee and start the day.

gifted wrote: »
    Lying on bed.......after a huge shouting match.....if I get out alive I'll never look at a woman again never mind live with one .....

Ah gifted, that's rough. Any way you could get out of there for an hour, maybe bring the kids with you? Clear your head and bit? I feel for you.

Autosport wrote: »
    Anewme peanut butter on a trap ;)

Unless it's a rat. :eek: :p

Get a cat and treat him or her like royalty, they'll be delighted to bring you gifts of dead things.

Get a cat and treat him or her like royalty, they'll be delighted to bring you gifts of dead things.

Im not really a cat person.

Oh stop Leg...I'm terrified it could be a rat!!!

I left the radio on last night downstairs so that whatever it is might think I'm still awake and not come out.

I wanted to get those mouse boxes where they go in and then I could let him away down the fields.

Im not really a cat person.

Oh stop Leg...I'm terrified it could be a rat!!!

I left the radio on last night downstairs so that whatever it is might think I'm still awake and not come out.

I wanted to get those mouse boxes where they go in and then I could let him away down the fields.

A terrier then.

I don't think it's not the time of year for them to come in. It's very unlikely to be a rat though.

Hardware shops are open Monday so you'll get humane traps there.

A terrier then.

I don't think it's not the time of year for to come in. It's very unlikely to be a rat though.

Hardware shops are open Monday so you'll get humane traps there.

I'll be first in the Woodies queue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not into cats, but I've noticed that they like you more if you show no interest in them. My ex's cat used to love me, possibly because I didn't lavish it with the affection she did, but my family's cat is the same. It won't come close to a lot of family members but will with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Fry up eaten. Watching little house on the prairie wondering if I got the shift at the club last night.

Ahhh Charles Ingalls.....my first crush.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    A can of coke ? WTF :)

Lol,It's what's recommended, I didn't make it up and its gorgeous.

I just woke up a few minutes ago, was not feeling great around 1am and awake from 4-6am dying with stomach cramps, I only had chips and satay sauce last night but it must of been the reason I was so sick (I'm saving ye from the other symptoms 😂) ,never again.

I'm not into cats, but I've noticed that they like you more if you show no interest in them. My ex's cat used to love me, possibly because I didn't lavish it with the affection she did, but my family's cat is the same. It won't come close to a lot of family members but will with me.

Yes. With cats you have to use reverse psychology. Ignored someones cat once and within 24 hours it was standing waiting for me to walk withit, climbing all over me and licking my ear. Cats will come when they want, neverwhen theyre told.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed with a cupan tae
    Yes. With cats you have to use reverse psychology. Ignored someones cat once and within 24 hours it was standing waiting for me to walk withit, climbing all over me and licking my ear. Cats will come when they want, neverwhen theyre told.

I've been doing it all wrong :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Well, here is the hat...

UnQN37n.jpg

They say that a fool and their money are soon parted. Well I am a fool with a bitching hat. :)

And two of the dresses..

NkexRbN.jpg

jfrdrE7.jpg

The white one has a sneaky slit at the side which I like. Was too innocent otherwise.

Now balconyside. Super tired and lazy and reading my Kindle. Was reading back on the thread though. BuileBeag - you mentioned Coffee Angel coffee. Oh - you, and Seph and Mam and ALL the coffee people should try it. They used to have a shop on Aungier St, and then a van around CHQ, and I would visit religiously. Very good coffee.

Sorry to hear about your situation gifted. Not fun. I hope you get out of the not fun part soon.

Lying on my bed with a cupan tae

I've been doing it all wrong :3.

Some catsare very canine like in nature, they respond to affection, soyoure right for those cats.
    I think the half wild ones recognise the aloofness in me :)

Wondering wtf to dowith myself. Im really lost at the moment.

Running away very fast!
    Well, here is the hat...

It is indeed a funky hat..............

*yoink*

:3

Some catsare very canine like in nature, they respond to affection, soyoure right for those cats.

I try to be aloof with some of the shyer local cats around here, in particular with a tuxedo cat who lives behind us :3.

Running away very fast!

It is indeed a funky hat..............

*yoink*

:3

Noooooo.

I’ll swap you it back for a plate of cookies. You’ll need to bring the plate though...

Noooooo.

I’ll swap you it back for a plate of cookies. You’ll need to bring the plate though...

*slides over plate with the cat diagrams on it*

• Advertisement

I try to be aloof with some of the shyer local cats around here, in particular with a tuxedo cat who lives behind us :3.

You know to do the slow blink, yes? Crouch down and blink at them very slowly and pronounced, then quickly look away. People will think you're a nut but cats will think you're an upright, biped cat that's saying 'Alright, mate? ' When they blink back, you've won their trust.

I think cats make a beeline for those who don't like them very much because their body language reads 'I love you ' to cats. It's not about being aloof, just peogle tend to approach them in a way that seems threatening to cats.

You ok?

I’ve been binge watching Modern Family recently. It’s cheery. Or else some Joe Duffy podcasts (it’s not cheery at all generally, but one is hilarious where a lady gets PTS from a shopping trip).

Or maybe bake some bread. Finding the hardest thing is to find something to do, but then you feel much better after doing something!

*slides over plate with the cat diagrams on it*

I do like that plate.

Can I have the hat back please?

I'd say you'll need to be at 6 in the morning!

Gorgeous purchases Fluffy, the hat is worth every cent,is the red dress off the shoulder, where did you buy it?

Still bedside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You can get a plug in yokey that emits a frequency they don't like and they scurry away. (unless you have pets... Not sure if you mentioned a dog before)

Also rasher rinds are a winner for traps.

• Advertisement

Deskside watching an audience with Billy Connolly

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You know to do the slow blink, yes? Crouch down and blink at them very slowly and pronounced, then quickly look away. People will think you're a nut but cats will think you're an upright, biped cat that's saying 'Alright, mate? ' When they blink back, you've won their trust.

I think cats make a beeline for those who don't like them very much because their body language reads 'I love you ' to cats. It's not about being aloof, just peogle tend to approach them in a way that seems threatening to cats.

Interesting 🤔

I'm always slow blinking at them 😸 lucky the tabby is the only cat close by that trusts me 😸

I do like that plate.

Can I have the hat back please?

It was on the plate 😁

Gorgeous purchases Fluffy, the hat is worth every cent,is the red dress off the shoulder, where did you buy it?

Still bedside.

Thank you Duvet. :) Yep, I am super happy. The red dress was the first thing I found, and you know sometimes shopping just starts off right and then continues. It was one of those days.

The red dress is Hugo Boss. It’s not off the shoulder, but it fits very well. (Now I want it to be off the shoulder :p). I was a bit sceptical of the like elasticity stuff at the neck, but it works.

The white dress is a brand called maje. I didn’t know it, other than I saw the hottest shorts and suit combo by them in BTs when I was home for Christmas, but, as I am not a a size 0, I had to abstain. :) But, again, the dress is a great fit. I would recommend them if you’re shopping online or out and about.

Would never normally spend so much but haven’t bought new stuff in like a year, so I justified it all to myself with a heartfelt fck it.

Edit - it was all bought in an Outlet shopping centre in Germany, but they may have similar in Kildare Village, or else online. Probably out of season or something, but I don’t think I care about that. :D

Deskside watching an audience with Billy Connolly

Interesting 🀔

I'm always slow blinking at them 😸 lucky the tabby is the only cat close by that trusts me 😸

It was on the plate ðŸ˜

I have a plate and a hat. \o/

Ok... Slides plate back with a variety of cookies. Including some chocolate chip ones with a gooey centre.

And a Coffee Angel coffee.

BuileBeag - you mentioned Coffee Angel coffee. Oh - you, and Seph and Mam and ALL the coffee people should try it. They used to have a shop on Aungier St, and then a van around CHQ, and I would visit religiously. Very good coffee.

It's really nice Fluffy! We'll definitely be buying from them again. Just about to have a latte made with it now actually! :)

Glad you got rid of Gary Gallbladder. I know from family members how awful gallbladder pain can be.

Oh and I love your white dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Love the white dress! Definitely not a cat person, my mam was, loved cats. She had this monster black cat, half cat half elephant. He loved her because she’d heat up his food for him. When he got older he was wilder, would go off for weeks on end and come home the size of a small child so was obviously good at hunting. Anyway, I was excited he came home one evening and picked him up so our faces faced each other, he swung both front legs at my face and buried his nails either side of my nose, under my eye. That was me done with cats.

Back in bed, wrecked. Will put on money heist when everyone’s awake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Currently wolfing down tapas....

Couchside, still not showered, just bought my first online purchase in months, a Charlotte Tilbury lip trio,I've never tried those products previously, I haven't worn a scrap of makeup in 6 weeks but I wanted as a treat (fluffys fault). I hate online shopping, I need to see or try on things in a shop but at least I didn't have to pick a lipstick size lol.

Speaking of size,has anyone tried on their jeans or stood on a scale since lockdown started, I'm thinking that any mental health issues will start for me in the coming weeks, I've never felt better that I have over the last few weeks.

Couchside, still not showered, just bought my first online purchase in months, a Charlotte Tilbury lip trio,I've never tried those products previously, I haven't worn a scrap of makeup in 6 weeks but I wanted as a treat (fluffys fault). I hate online shopping, I need to see or try on things in a shop but at least I didn't have to pick a lipstick size lol.

Speaking of size,has anyone tried on their jeans or stood on a scale since lockdown started, I'm thinking that any mental health issues will start for me in the coming weeks, I've never felt better that I have over the last few weeks.

Hmmm. Really happy you guys like the white dress, but also happy that Duvet is going on a spending spree. :):)

I am crap at online shopping. And my jeans are old and I don’t even have to open them to put them on (I have a load of the straight jean leggings things because they are available at the moment, but, I’d love a pair of well fitting flairs.)

But keep feeling well Mrs. Buy more stuff. You deserve it.

I bought a lip duo from them last week. After all the talk of pillow talk, it was disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Having a snoop... gardai pulled over a car about 20 feet from my door and they're giving it a good search....

Pillow Talk?

Love CT. Not a makeup wearer 'cept mlbb lipstick because a) stops lips sticking together when I havent spoken to a soul all day and B) nan used to always wear it, she was really polished.

I reckon Mac Velvet Teddy is as good, though, and €10 cheaper. With CT liner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought one thinking it be great to throw everything in, in the morning when. I've energy and it will be tasty by dinnertime. One pot job done.

Every single recipe says braise the meat in a pan before adding it to the pot...... Ah here the reason I bought you was limit the mess.

The pot is still in the wrapper.

If anyone has a link to decent recipes that requires nothing more than bunging in the pot, please direct me :)
    Do a stew. All the recipes say to brown the meat but don't bother about that. Lamb or beef bung it in with spuds ,carrots and onions, stock and s few bay leaves and away you go.
    Only thing is they're small enough so I'd only get one meal out of it

I just said yesterday on another thread that I feel 15 years younger. No commuting or rushing in the morning, I get what I'm paid to do done in half the time at home, no bs meetings or initiatives to justify some manager's existence. I'm not waking up tired, not going to bed dreading the morning, no forced lunch break so you can work through and get done earlier.

Working is a mugs game when you take a step back and see the futility of a lot of the nonsense that goes on.

Love the dresses too, I want to go shopping now!

Having a snoop... gardai pulled over a car about 20 feet from my door and they're giving it a good search....

Gossip! Keep us posted.

Oooh. Local goss! I hope that's not the town's last supplier of The 'Erb lifted!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement