Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

Agree! Tell us everything Panda. You're not the only bored one around here! :D

Duvet and Leg what's your secret? :)
    I'd bite off my arm to wander around the shops, sit in a cafe, go to the farmers market, see my best friends, chat with a stranger on a train.
    My life was great!! I miss it. I am getting in to the swing of all this but it's no substitute for how things were for me.
    Will be an obese alcoholic come September mind :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Duvet and Leg what's your secret? :)
    I'd bite off my arm to wander around the shops, sit in a cafe, go to the farmers market, see my best friends, chat with a stranger on a train.
    My life was great!! I miss it. I am getting in to the swing of all this but it's no substitute for how things were for me.
    Will be an obese alcoholic come September mind :p
    I plan things to do each day, the stuff around the house that I put off when I'm working normally. I make nice meals because I have the time, I relax and make the most of it because I'll be back in the rat race soon enough.

Oh, and lots and lots of alcohol! I'm actually eating healthily, if I could out the booze I'd lose weight. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just sprinkled some grated cheddar and mozzarella atop a nicely crisped potato topping of a cottage pie which is now my established Sunday dinner during lock down. Should be nicely melted and ready to eat in a few minutes and my tummy's rumbling in anticipation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Pillow Talk?

Love CT. Not a makeup wearer 'cept mlbb lipstick because a) stops lips sticking together when I havent spoken to a soul all day and B) nan used to always wear it, she was really polished.

I reckon Mac Velvet Teddy is as good, though, and €10 cheaper. With CT liner.

I love Mac reverence with pillow talk liner. https://ibb.co/Czkx8cn
    Velvet teddy is a bit dark on me but I’m crazy pale. Reverence is a bit matte too and I love that.

Just about to have a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I was planning to lose a stone before the summer.
    It's going well in lockdown...only 2 stone to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside watching Vikings, big burly lads!

Pillow Talk?

I love pillow talk 😏

I was planning to lose a stone before the summer.
    It's going well in lockdown...only 2 stone to go.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Any updates Panda :D

Deciding on what to have for lunch now

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    I bought a lip duo from them last week. After all the talk of pillow talk, it was disappointing.

The lipstick is penelope pink,the liner is pillow talk and there's also a gloss, 2 free samples so I opted for foundation and mascara, 60e, they will be grand for me I hope, I prefer pale lip colours.

Perse, most people feel like you I think but I definitely needed a total break to gather my thoughts and totally reassess my life.I'm just really hoping that I will never go back to the complete rat race that was my life, I was chasing my tail continuously and I was wrecked.

I used to wear makeup purely to cover my paleness and nothing would cover my awful undereye suitcases, I now look little someone with high blood pressure due to being out the sun with all my walking, I'd just walk house to car previously and that was a chore. Not an undereye shadow to be seen, I know I look way better than I did a few weeks ago.
    I couldn't care less if I ever again go shopping or to a pub(I get a rare longing), not pushed on going on holidays, I'm a recluse at heart,basically antisocial and a home bird, horses for courses.x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Gossip! Keep us posted.

Searched it for 20 mins and then one of the gardai drove it away....that was it really :D
    The other garda did take a folder out of the car and kept it....they let the lad walk away...
    Our new Bord Fáilte slogan
    "Kerry...come by car...fck off on foot"".....catchy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Searched it for 20 mins and then one of the gardai drove it away....that was it really :D

Did they take the driver or leave them standing there scratching their head? :)

Did they take the driver or leave them standing there scratching their head? :)

See my edit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The other garda did take a folder out of the car and kept it....they let the lad walk away...
    Our new Bord Fáilte slogan
    "Kerry...come by car...fck off on foot"".....catchy!

You should have gone out after the lad and asked him what was in the folder and the car.

You could be boards very own Kerry correspondent. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

, I'm a recluse at heart,basically antisocial and a home bird, horses for courses.x

My kinda woman 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

My kinda woman ðŸ˜

Well duh!! :D

You should have gone out after the lad and asked him what was in the folder and the car.

You could be boards very own Kerry correspondent. :pac:

I think Sardi-cat would make a much better "Pascal the Rascal"
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Having a lazy day, as in doing nothing outside !
    Fire lit , dinner ready for later , coffee and sesame seeded cracker breads with cheese now , I.D. channel on , nice way to spend the day :)

Wondering if Grandeeod discovered whether or not he got the shift at the disco last night ... :D

Skitting 😂

For gifted....What do you get when you mix pms with a gps?
    A moody bitch who will find you!!!

Heading showerside.

@Panda: it would be a bit difficult for me to be a correspondent or even a rascal when I hardly leave this house evenue when there's no lock down!

Sofa side with a happy tummy and slurping down a coffee.

Started watching an episode of Norwegian drama "States of Happiness ", while browsing Boards and for a few minutes thought my addiction to Scandinavian TV had resulted in me developing the ability to understand Norwegian spontaneously before I realised the first few minutes of dialogue where in English! I really need to sort some kind of social life once this bloody virus is defeated or I'll start talking in my own language soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

afternoon all, how's everyone?

my tummy's much better today I'm glad to say

Couchside, eating a cookie

I'm going back to my apartment tonight, FREEDOM!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Wondering if Grandeeod discovered whether or not he got the shift at the disco last night ... :D

I've been told I did but it was after closing time.ðŸ˜

Just in from a walk. Making chicken wraps.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I've been told I did but it was after closing time.ðŸ˜

Just in from a walk. Making chicken wraps.

Who's your man that Mam was 'talking ' with, the fella with the humongous Beemer keyring?😂

Sardonicat wrote: »
    @Panda: it would be a bit difficult for me to be a correspondent or even a rascal when I hardly leave this house evenue when there's no lock down!

Started watching an episode of Norwegian drama "States of Happiness ", while browsing Boards and for a few minutes thought my addiction to Scandinavian TV had resulted in me developing the ability to understand Norwegian spontaneously before I realised the first few minutes of dialogue where in English! I really need to sort some kind of social life once this bloody virus is defeated or I'll start talking in my own language soon.

I used to be a carer for a family member. Keeping any sort of social life is exceptionally hard which I'm not sure most people can appreciate. One thing that used to happen was when a friend would ask me if I wanted to go for a drink and I'd have to say.. 'I'll ask my mam and get back to you'. Meaning I had to check that she would be available to take over from me for a couple of hours. Pretty embarrassing for a full grown adult to be asking their mammy everytime they wanted to meet a friend. Of course that led to my mam feeling she should ask me before making her own plans in case I had plans and needed her help. Which is even weirder again, having to ask your daughter can you meet your friends. Still I was fortunate to have that help. I don't know your situation, precovid at least, but I know many carers are alone with little to no help and I can imagine only too well how tough and isolating that is.

Who's your man that Mam was 'talking ' with, the fella with the humongous Beemer keyring?😂

Yes I’d like to know too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Autosport wrote: »
    Yes I’d like to know too ;)

So would I :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've been a carer for 17 years so your posts frequently strike a chord with me.
    I focus quite a lot on other things, and especially my O.h now, but that's half the reason why I'm so easily amused and so attached to people I love.

At home trying not to kick off. I do all of the cleaning which I don’t mind I rather enjoy. But, today he put on the dishwasher. Note, didn’t load it, merely put the tablet in and switched it on.

I came downstairs there a few minutes ago and he said “love, the dishes are washed” and actually gestured at the dishwasher. I would have emptied it had he said nothing but he can empty it now himself after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

** Now thinking that Shoes is a live-in carer. **

Still trying to persuade myself to go for a walk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat likes Norwegian telly shows? Yay!

Getting up here, boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Evening all :) Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. Me, I did a good two mile walk at 8.30 this morning, nice lunch, sitting room side since reading the Sunday papers and generally chilled out for the day, took the executive decision half an hour ago to have a few Sunday evening beers :D

Sitting down after emptying the dishwasher :D all talk me.

I actually was a carer for my dad, very briefly. He was so independent most of his illness. But towards the end he needed help as he got very sick very quick. I am so glad I got to help him and take care of him, as he took such good care of me all my life, esp the Xmas I needed an operation and was in a cast the poor man used to bring me breakfast in bed and sit on edge of my bed eating his so as I wouldn’t be lonely, what a man! But... I can’t imagine how difficult that would be on someone long term. You definitely have to be a certain kind of person, loving and caring and very empathetic, which wouldn’t be adjectives I’d use to describe myself except for when I was with my father. I just couldn’t do that for someone else and then you see these wonderful people in hospitals and nursing homes who show up day in day out for feck all money, caring for and loving someone as if they were their own family. Couldn’t do it. Not for all the money in the world. I couldn’t. So much respect to anyone who can.

Glitch.
    It's beyond the joke,beyond annoying and seems to only happen on this thread for me.

You definitely have to be a certain kind of person, loving and caring and very empathetic, which wouldn’t be adjectives I’d use to describe myself except for when I was with my father. I just couldn’t do that for someone else and then you see these wonderful people in hospitals and nursing homes who show up day in day out for feck all money, caring for and loving someone as if they were their own family. Couldn’t do it. Not for all the money in the world. I couldn’t. So much respect to anyone who can.

+100% on this, very well said, it's definitely a vocation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

completely agree about the carers, my personal assistant does a hard job, dunno how she does it :)

Glitch.
    It's beyond the joke,beyond annoying and seems to only happen on this thread for me.

Nope. I've only just got back in. It's a bugger.

Glitch.

I'm generally on the laptop and no problems, is it only a phone problem, I notice that any time I'm on Boards on my phone it's very slow

What are ya getting at pwincess 🤭😇?

Heading for the kitchen , sephers stomach is rumbling

Sardonicat likes Norwegian telly shows? Yay!

Getting up here, boo.

I love all things Scandi. My Viking genes must be strong. One of my lecturers was from Denmark and she said I had a Scandinavian soul, but that was in reference to my directness (she was utterly bewildered by how indirect and often insecere we Irish are!)and that directness is mich more likely down to being somewhere on the spectrum than any long boat building nutters or shield maiden fighters in my ancestry. I'm just clueless and can only do subtle following a long lie down and need an even longer one after. I prefer to think it's down to a constantly stoned Scandinavian nutter though a la Floki. I love that blood thirsty sweet heart.

• Advertisement

Decided I like talking to myself and I'm going to keep it up.
    Havent had such a stimulating chat in a while.
    Im actually good company.
    Just finished lunch/dinner and might go and have another shower just to break up the day.

@duvet I completely see where you're coming from. Being free of that kind of stress must be amazing for you and I'm glad :) When all this is over I hope you can maintain your new found calm. Before all of this I had started to chase my tail a bit too. So many balls in the air that I couldn't keep them all there. It's now become very obvious to me what I need to change in the future. Even learnt one or two things about people as well.

We are all in this together but on different boats x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Decided I like talking to myself and I'm going to keep it up.
    Havent had such a stimulating chat in a while.
    Im actually good company.
    Just finished lunch/dinner and might go and have another shower just to break up the day.
    Any more parties today?

To thine own self be true

Any more parties today?

No.all quiet on the Western front.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I love all things Scandi. My Viking genes must be strong. One of my lecturers was from Denmark and she said I had a Scandinavian soul, but that was in reference to my directness (she was utterly bewildered by how indirect and often insecere we Irish are!)and that directness is mich more likely down to being somewhere on the spectrum than any long boat building nutters or shield maiden fighters in my ancestry. I'm just clueless and can only do subtle following a long lie down and need an even longer one after. I prefer to think it's down to a constantly stoned Scandinavian nutter though a la Floki. I love that blood thirsty sweet heart.

I love this post so much.. People find me slightly odd in that I don't pussyfoot about on anything.. It rubs plenty of people up the wrong way but not enough for them to get mad at me because I must manage to remain the right side of forthright or something :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If anyone is looking for a beached whale...I am here.
    Just finished the finest meal and ready to pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couch side, having a break from my book. Would like some biscuits to have with my tea. Maybe I'll pop to the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Skitting 😂

For gifted....What do you get when you mix pms with a gps?
    A moody bitch who will find you!!!

Heading showerside.

Thanks Duvet.....but if i ever come back in a new life I'm going to be gay......by **** but ye women are way to complicated and ****ed up....my oul spirit is broken....

Hope you’re okay gifted. Hopefully we’re almost at the end of this lockdown business and things wont seem so heated when you can get out and about.

Home going to cook dinner

We’re not complicated if ye would only listen ;) but in fairness we are here if you need to vent :)

Sick tummy here today :(

Gifted *virtual hugs* that's all i got.

deskside giving out, as usual.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement