Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Leo Varadkar rejoins the health service

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-varadkar-returns-to-practising-medicine-to-help-during-crisis-1.4221463

He really has come in to his own as a leader. He really is a great example. Especially when you compare him to other world leaders.

I'm sure the usual "bots" who can't see pass their nose for hatred of FG will be along to cry PR stunt or whatever, but thats just par for the course with the men who have all the questions and none of the answers.

I have to just say, fair play leo, hope you inspire others to do what they can.

Easily led, but I guess I'm a 'bot' who doesn't like 'party x' for disliking this useless twit.

If he walked into the room I'd ask for another doctor, I like my doctors capable meself.

People who want to play history revision off the back as something as serious as this pandemic are something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ihdxwz4a3pem9j

ijohhj wrote: »
    Easily led, but I guess I'm a 'bot' who doesn't like 'party x' for disliking this useless twit.

If he walked into the room I'd ask for another doctor, I like my doctors capable meself.

People who want to play history revision off the back as something as serious as this pandemic are something else.

On what basis are you judging his clinical abilities? Has he treated either you, or anybody that you know? Managing a health system and an individual’s clinical competency are very different things. You cannot judge him on the basis of your political beliefs. If things were to get bad, you would be glad to have a qualified doctor, with seven years’ clinical experience. I think that all healthcare coming back to the trenches at this point ought to be lauded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

blanch152 wrote: »
    The single thanks your post received says it all.

That's very hurtful of you, I almost cried when I read it. Regardless, I don't have an unhealthy obsession with FG/FF/Lab or any political party like your, frankly neurotic, obsession with all things SF.

I think Simon Coveney has been impressive with Brexit and believe, all in all, FG/FF have done an okay job in the last couple of years outside accommodation/housing/homelessness.

Leo is a Tory Boy, he's a political opportunist who, despite his own sexuality, was against equal marriage until he saw the wind blowing the opposite way. That said, I'm glad a Doctor was in charge rather than what they have in Britain.

On what basis are you judging his clinical abilities?

Said not a thing about his clinical abilities in particular though, did I? I dislike his decision making abilities. He's made Ireland a worse place to be, I'm fully within my rights to worry that he'd make my health worse compared to another doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Said not a thing about his clinical abilities in particular though, did I? I dislike his decision making abilities. He's made Ireland a worse place to be, I'm fully within my rights to worry that he'd make my health worse compared to another doctor.

Jaysis
    What a load of sho1te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I wish there was a facepalm alllowed on boards.

I wish there was a facepalm alllowed on boards.

You can really tell what opinions aren't worth a damn, when they can't be qualified with any real argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can't stand FF/FG, Cant stand the government, Can't stand Leo

But in this crisis they're playing a blinder, i honestly wouldn't have anyone other than Leo running things at the moment.

I voted SF and was delighted how well the done, but thinking back, if the election was 6 months previous and they had ran, and won, more seats, i shudder at the thought of how they'd be doing in this crisis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Does this come out of the average industrial wage part of the salary?

Fair play anyways, annoyed me there was a mail going around about how to claim tax back for working at home. Going to need all the revenue we have!

They don't take an average industrial wage. It was all baloney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Which other doctor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Field east

McMurphy wrote: »
    They're getting their own PR stunts in too.

Twitter was full of tweets from various SF TDs handing back €8,200 of their salary to the Exchequer.

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1247082255920566272?s=19

That’s only a piece of paper. Means nothing. Will it be followed up with a receipt from revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

scudzilla wrote: »

But in this crisis they're playing a blinder, i honestly wouldn't have anyone other than Leo running things at the moment.

I voted SF and was delighted how well the done, but thinking back, if the election was 6 months previous and they had ran, and won, more seats, i shudder at the thought of how they'd be doing in this crisis.

how are they playing a blinder are they doing anything that wasnt very obvious to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Idbatterim wrote:
    how are they playing a blinder are they doing anything that wasnt very obvious to do?

I also think they're doing extremely well, and I've never been a supporter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

scudzilla wrote: »

I'm sure you voted Sinn Féin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Idbatterim wrote: »

Look at UK, Italy, Spain, U.S, they should have been doing the obvious but didn't, now look at the state they're in.

Credit where credits due

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

FB was full of people criticising him for "only answering the phone and its a PR stunt" while doing nothing themselves only bitch and moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

s1ippy wrote: »
    How is that a "stunt"? He's giving his salary back because it's objectively too much.

If Leo did it , thats exactly what youd be calling it.

Allinall wrote: »
    Which other doctor?

There's a few of them in the country I hear. Is Varadkar always your GP when you go visit one? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm sure you voted Sinn Féin

O Reilly is spokesperson on health and she has had fook all to say since this crisis hit, I know who I'd rather sitting in the health ministers chair at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If they're up the walls and he's giving someone else a shift off then its a good thing. Id say he was nearly afraid to announce it because he must've known the reaction it would draw from a large chunk of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

He clearly cares not for the safety measures.

Classic case of do as I say not as I do.

There is photos of him in a Barracks today outside.

No masks no gloves and 2 metres?.
    pffft more like 2 feet between him and the soldiers. They are basically all on top of one another so close its like a very busy pub in one photo!.

FB was full of people criticising him for "only answering the phone and its a PR stunt" while doing nothing themselves only bitch and moan.

I mean the guy just cant really win with many people, myself included. Whatever about this new development, I am not going to give much credit, for tapping the ball into the open goal. The previous few years, are a disgrace on housing, health, justice etc, and as for rewarding workers :rolleyes:

You cant just magic that away...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ah, the hurler on the ditch

I mean the guy just cant really win with many people, myself included. Whatever about this new development, I am not going to give much credit, for tapping the ball into the open goal. The previous few years, are a disgrace on housing, health, justice etc, and as for rewarding workers :rolleyes:

You cant just magic that away...

Sorry if I can't think the opinion of someone who the week of the election claimed they were voting FG, FF, Renua, then the greens and finally Sinn Fein.

All you do is rant about how the workers get screwed.

Nothing else of substance.

just the workers LOL! send my congratulations onto FG head office on housing, health, infrastructure, "justice" etc...

Sorry if I can't think the opinion of someone who the week of the election claimed they were voting FG, FF, Renua, then the greens and finally Sinn Fein.

All you do is rant about how the workers get screwed.

Nothing else of substance.

care to explain FG election disaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

just the workers LOL! send my congratulations onto FG head office on housing, health, infrastructure, "justice" etc...

Send my congratulations to voters against welfare and "free" houses and votes for the party which promised more of both .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

He's just answering the phones. He's not frontline. I'm no longer impressed after finding that out.

He's just answering the phones. He's not frontline. I'm no longer inpressed after finding that out.

Giving qualified medical advice.

Tell me oh wise one, what are you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

There's no cure for what they have...

Provo-laxis?

Advertisement