Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Leo Varadkar rejoins the health service

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I had a dream last night that Varadker played for Roscommon football team, I was watching him play on TV.

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Ireland is one of the wealthiest countries in the world thanks to everyone but SF.

What will SF do in government?

Turn Ireland into a sectarian mess like NI, a bankrupt pauper state like Greece or a human tragedy like Venezuela?

I would be intrigued to know,how you preceive any of this to be relevent to varadkar going back to help health service??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I had a dream last night that Varadker played for Roscommon football team, I was watching him play on TV.

Did ya wake up with sticky sheets?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Would you not be least bit concerned he hasnt worked as a doctor in near on a decade?

Like,fair play and all....but i wouldnt let him near kittens until i was sure,he was up to scrath/fully upto speed on all areas

There are retired doctors coming back who haven't worked in two decades and being welcomed with open arms because lives are at stake........yet you have a problem just with Varadkar.

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are retired doctors coming back who haven't worked in two decades and being welcomed with open arms because lives are at stake........yet you have a problem just with Varadkar.

Its lunacy taking back retired doctorz,given the risks involved and them taking on large viral load and way virus mainly kills old people.....easy enough to cheer it on from behind a computer screen

Btw Where anywhere have i said i have a problem with varadkar going back,i suport it infact??

Are people simply not allowed query,the level of knowledge provided by people who are decade out of working in healthcare??

Jesus....i know this is a difficult time for you,but not everyone,who deosnt blindy cheerlead FG,is critising them

,valid qs remain valid,irregardless of who asks them

• Advertisement

Its lunacy taking back retired doctorz,given the risks involved and them taking on large viral load and way virus mainly kills old people.....easy enough to cheer it on from behind a computer screen

Btw Where anywhere have i said i have a problem with varadkar going back,i suport it infact??

Are people simply not allowed query,the level of knowledge provided by people who are decade out of working in healthcare??

Jesus....i know this is a difficult time for you,but not everyone,who deosnt blindy cheerlead FG,is critising them

,valid qs remain valid,irregardless of who asks them

Whatever Varadkar's level of medical knowledge, it is far far higher than yours or mine, so great that he is helping out. End of.

If my house is on fire, and there is a retired fireman living next door, why wouldn't I ask him for help?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Whatever Varadkar's level of medical knowledge, it is far far higher than yours or mine, so great that he is helping out. End of.

Noone said otherwise???(strawman arguement there tbh mate)....but its undenible that he cant be upto speed on new methods/techniques,processes being 10 years out of the trade.....same applies to any job

The fact you try/want to shut down anyone pointing this out,is all on you
    If my house is on fire, and there is a retired fireman living next door, why wouldn't I ask him for help?
    emm..ok :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Would you not be least bit concerned he hasnt worked as a doctor in near on a decade?

Like,fair play and all....but i wouldnt let him near kittens until i was sure,he was up to scrath/fully upto speed on all areas

Up to scratch with kittens !

Which service do you require caller A&E or a vet :).

Noone said otherwise???(strawman arguement there tbh mate)....but its undenible that he cant be upto speed on new methods/techniques,processes being 10 years out of the trade.....same applies to any job

The fact you try/want to shut down anyone pointing this out,is all on you

emm..ok :confused:

You do realise that he’s not actually looking after patients. Just doing admin stuff.

You do realise that he’s not actually looking after patients. Just doing admin stuff.

I was under impression,he was doing consultations/assestments?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.eu/article/irish-pm-varadkar-to-return-to-medicine-during-coronavirus-crisis/amp/

• Advertisement

I was under impression,he was doing consultations??

No. “ The paper reported that Mr Varadkar is set to work weekly shifts in an area suited to his qualifications and will be "helping out in phone assessments".”

No. “ The paper reported that Mr Varadkar is set to work weekly shifts in an area suited to his qualifications and will be "helping out in phone assessments".”

Tbh sounds like your splitting hairs in terms of difference between consultation/assement (which your entitled to do).....

But tbh this lockdown hasnt drove me so deranged (yet) that i care to argue about the difference

Tbh sounds like your splitting hairs in terms of difference between consultation/assement.....

this lockdown hasnt drove me so deranged (yet) that i care to argue about the difference

Nothing like doing a bit of research.
    Splitting hairs? Huge difference between actual hands on doctoring and giving advise on a helpline.
    But, that doesn’t suit your agenda. Rant away. Leo is doing a great job. Along with the two Simons.

Nothing like doing a bit of research.
    Splitting hairs? Huge difference between actual hands on doctoring and giving advise on a helpline.
    But, that doesn’t suit your agenda. Rant away. Leo is doing a great job. Along with the two Simons.

Nowhere did i say he isnt doing good job (indeed i commended him on going back to work as a doctor)?

Like i said,argue away difference between consultation and assestment all yous want.....

quite what agenda you think i have is somewhat beyond me (lol @ splitting hairs and pedelling conspiracies though)...even in fact perhaps you could point out any rant you preceive i made,and i apoligise for any offence you took,from.what i taught was reasonable enough posts???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

How many doctors working on phone lines now? On reflection I'm not sure this is such a good idea. What's the marginal value added of another few hours on the phone given we've hundreds possibly thousands of doctors on phones versus one taoiseach?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

smurgen wrote: »
    How many doctors working on phone lines now? On reflection I'm not sure this is such a good idea. What's the marginal value added of another few hours on the phone given we've hundreds possibly thousands of doctors on phones versus one taoiseach?

Not sure about doctors working on the phone lines but I know a nurse working a phone line at 1.78 euro a minute. If you want to see her on webcam it works out about 75 euro an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

When Leo announced this publicity stunt he said there wouldn't be any photo ops or pics in the papers..

A FG councillor just happened to have a pic of Leo in his doctor outfit at a "traveller accomodation site" from earlier this week.

And of course he just happened to tweet it.

It's not known what exactly Leo was doing other then chatting with a traveller and having his pic taken for twitter.

No doubt it was a halting site by pure coincidence and it wasn't picked for maximum publicity which of course the public at large will suck it up like eejits.

His spokesman confirmed the pics were genuine. I'm sure he did :rolleyes:

It's shameful at this point.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/leo-varadkar-helps-with-coronavirus-testing-on-traveller-accommodation-site-39164399.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

When Leo announced this publicity stunt he said there wouldn't be any photo ops or pics in the papers..

A FG councillor just happened to have a pic of Leo in his doctor outfit at a "traveller accomodation site" from earlier this week.

It's not known what exactly Leo was doing other then chatting with a traveller and having his pic taken for twitter.

No doubt it was a halting site by pure coincidence and it wasn't picked for maximum publicity which of course the public at large will suck it up like eejits.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/leo-varadkar-helps-with-coronavirus-testing-on-traveller-accommodation-site-39164399.html

:rolleyes:

If you took the time to read beyond the headline you would have read this
    Blanchardstown Traveller Development Group posted pictures on its Facebook group of Mr Varadkar wearing a scrub top and a face mask alongside locals on Monday evening

and
    Fine Gael councillor Eddie Hoare, who drew widespread attention to the pictures by posting them on his Twitter on Monday,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So, f*cking what.

The US VP visited a covid hospital yesterday and refused to wear a mask.
    Not to mention what the President is doing.
    The UK PM said he was shaking hands with everyone at a hospital, spent 2 weeks in hospital himself with the virus, and has today had a baby. Was there any thought going through his head not to put his partners and unborn childs health at risk over the last few months?

Just so sick of the abject dismissal of any good or well intentioned idea.

Leo working as a Dr. - He's doing it for PR.
    Harris working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. - He's not qualified to do anything.
    Dr Holohan advocating for caution - Who does he think he is?
    Eamonn Ryan suggesting people keep their mind active through home gardening - Get lost hippy.
    Mary Lou dealing with Covid 19 - Are we sure she had it?

You'd genuinely want to be sort of machine to be able to ignore the personal digs that are consistently thrown at you when you are in the public eye. It's like some sort of scientific law; 'Every positive action, there will be a comparative quantity of people seeking to undermine it'

I'm all for objective analysis and calling a spade a spade, but often it seems like it's criticism for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

If there were real men in Ireland, Varadkar would be out of office tonight

• Advertisement

Long_Wave wrote: »
    If there were real men in Ireland, Varadkar would be out of office tonight

Yeah? Why?

And who would you put in his place?

Do the women have any role in your coup plans or is it purely doing behind the scenes tasks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

He should go off and play Doctor and disband the unelected junta.

Leo is not wanted. Absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being.

Stick his totalitarian state up his anus.

Shameful?

Really?

Risteard81 wrote: »
    He should go off and play Doctor and disband the unelected junta.

Leo is not wanted. Absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being.

Stick his totalitarian state up his anus.

What did you think of Gemma's video yesterday?

What did you think of Gemma's video yesterday?
    I didn't watch it.

Being opposed to totalitarianism does not mean that I support any particular individual.

So apologise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think they were carrying out tests on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Gal2glam

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think they were carrying out tests on the site

And what’s the purpose of that besides a PR shot? It’s so funny they have doctors and nurses waiting ages for their tests to be done and for the results to come back and the travelers have the Taoiseach at their “halting” sites carrying out tests. Pathetic.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I didn't watch it.

Being opposed to totalitarianism does not mean that I support any particular individual.

So apologise now.

Jesus, you sound like her.

What do you want me to apologise for, I asked you a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Nearly a month waiting to post that

• Advertisement

Jesus, you sound like her.

What do you want me to apologise for, I asked you a question.
    No. You falsely implied that anyone who is opposed to the unconstitutional, unlawful and illegal totalitarian state headed up by an unelected junta somehow must be a supporter of Ms. O'Doherty.

Advertisement