Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Leo Varadkar rejoins the health service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

I'm Sorry, Leo is all PR and no substance.

So far, apart from PR Briefings and PR Ops that is all we have heard from Leo.

First was looking all in command" from the USA then the podium speeches. Does he inspire confidence? Nope IMHO!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gal2glam wrote: »
    And what’s the purpose of that besides a PR shot? It’s so funny they have doctors and nurses waiting ages for their tests to be done and for the results to come back and the travelers have the Taoiseach at their “halting” sites carrying out tests. Pathetic.

Yes it does seems staged for PR

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

As someone who thought it was a fairly blatant PR move when he did it, I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen any publicity about him in his doctor's role, and it seems like it was not even originally disseminated by FG.

Photos like that making it to world media could make him a real international star.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Risteard81 wrote: »
    No. You falsely implied that anyone who is opposed to the unconstitutional, unlawful and illegal totalitarian state headed up by an unelected junta somehow must be a supporter of Ms. O'Doherty.

A - The bit in Bold is not true.
    B - The bit in bold is probably something Gemma would actually agree with.
    C - If you don't want people thinking you are a supporter of Gemma, stop saying things that sound like you are a supporter of Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He should go off and play Doctor and disband the unelected junta.

Leo is not wanted. Absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being.

Stick his totalitarian state up his anus.

The state of your posts, jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

osarusan wrote: »
    As someone who thought it was a fairly blatant PR move when he did it, I have to say that this is the first time I've ever seen any publicity about him in his doctor's role, and it seems like it was not even originally disseminated by FG.

Photos like that making it to world media could make him a real international star.

A social media "Dahhhling", PR spin gets the "Certain few", it doesn't hoodwink based on actual performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

No. You falsely implied that anyone who is opposed to the unconstitutional, unlawful and illegal totalitarian state headed up by an unelected junta somehow must be a supporter of Ms. O'Doherty.

As soon as the dail elects another Taoiseach he is gone.

Right now they seem quite happy to let him at it. Please contact your local TDs if you feel a government should be formed. :pac:

NSAman wrote: »
    I'm Sorry, Leo is all PR and no substance.

So far, apart from PR Briefings and PR Ops that is all we have heard from Leo.

First was looking all in command" from the USA then the podium speeches. Does he inspire confidence? Nope IMHO!

Well, apart from managing to bring about an effective lockdown for a month.
    Ensuring that welfare payments have been made available to many.
    Helping to ensure that hospitals have not become overwhelmed with people needing treatment.

Whether Leo was 100% responsible for the above or not, if none of these things had turned out to be the case, he would be told he must hold the can for them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes it does seems staged for PR

Yeah, Blanchardstown Traveller Development Group; mad for some Fine Gael they are. Posting pictures to feed the spin machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Risteard81 - absolutely last warning here. Rein it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Some of the posts here have me thinking that it might be time for Leo to decree a tee-totalitarianism state

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

We've got a live one here. Are you one of these lads who posts under every Twitter news story mentioning Varadkar?

Some sad, sad people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

As soon as the dail elects another Taoiseach he is gone.

Right now they seem quite happy to let him at it. Please contact your local TDs if you feel a government should be formed. :pac:

He is a resident of Northern Ireland, so unfortunately does not have a local T. D
    Quite why he's so exercised by the governance of a democracy he is not resident in, is peculiar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Mortelaro wrote: »
    He is a resident of Northern Ireland, so unfortunately does not have a local T. D
    Quite why he's so exercised by the governance of a democracy he is not resident in, is peculiar
    I am a citizen and resident of the 32-County Irish Republic.

Do you have a passport that reflects this?

A legal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

What a loser

Do you have a passport that reflects this?

A legal one.
    "We have declared for a Republic, and we shall live by no other law!"

This is what that attitude reminds me of.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JPCN1

He managed to lose 33% of FG seats and scraped in on the 5th count.

Coveney should have ousted him and still should.

I’ve declared that I’m a 23 year old blonde bombshell and I dare anyone to disagree with me.

• Advertisement

That doesn't exist I'm afraid
    In 1998,the country of Eire or Ireland as recognised by the United Nations, overwhelmingly voted to remove articles 2 and 3 from the constitution, replacing them with something aspirational

That doesn't exist I'm afraid
    In 1998,the country of Eire or Ireland as recognised by the United Nations, overwhelmingly voted to remove articles 2 and 3 from the constitution, replacing them with something aspirational
    Not true.

The 2nd Dáil relegated its Governmental Authority to another body to hold in trust until such time as the lawful 3rd Dáil could convene.

JPCN1 wrote: »

Coveney should have ousted him and still should.

Tbf coveney got most votes in leadership election (nesrly doubke iirc)....i been v.disappointed with.varadkar overall,more spin than substance,

while coveney seems to be a decent man,and someone,id far more like to see taoiseach and to represent ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

JPCN1 wrote: »

And admitted himself that they (FG) lost the election.

This government, if they manage to pull it off, will have a dark shadow over their “mandate” and it will haunt them throughout the term.

Not true.

The 2nd Dáil relegated its Governmental Authority to another body to hold in trust until such time as the lawful 3rd Dáil could convene.
    • The Irish population don't see it this way.
    • The Northern Ireland population don't see it this way.
    • The Irish government don't see it this way.
    • The Northern Ireland Assembly don't see it this way.
    • No national government on the planet sees it this way.
    • No elected representative body sees it this way.

Just to be clear on the reality of the situation. You, and your 2-300 mates can claim it all you want, but you are probably in the region of 0.004% of the population of the people who live on the Island of Ireland and consequently, are statistically insignificant.

• The Irish population...
    • The Northern Ireland population...
    There is only one Ireland. This "Ireland" and "Northern Ireland" rubbish which the likes of you and your friend Leo come out with is seditious as well as false.

There is only one Ireland. This "Ireland" and "Northern Ireland" rubbish which the likes of you and your friend Leo come out with is seditious as well as false.

Have an army and a Dail,where?

Have an army and a Dail,where?
    If the Dáil delegated governmental authority until such time as the Dáil could reconvene, then obviously it doesn't have a Dáil. Though it does have a government.

It's hardly a secret about the military forces belonging to and loyal to the Republic. I'm sure you're aware of the Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

If the Dáil delegated governmental authority until such time as the Dáil could reconvene, then obviously it doesn't have a Dáil. Though it does have a government.

It's hardly a secret about the military forces belonging to and loyal to the Republic. I'm sure you're aware of the Army.

What Republic?

There’s only one Ireland, surely?

• Advertisement

Allinall wrote: »
    What Republic?

There’s only one Ireland, surely?
    The one and only Irish Republic which was proclaimed in arms at Easter, 1916.

It is not administered from Leinster House.

Advertisement