Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman Refund

Options
  • 05-04-2020 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Cancelled an online order with Harvey Norman 11 business days ago. The item wasn't dispatched so the cancellation went through quickly. Was told I would have the refund back on my card within 5 business days.

It's now been 10 and still no refund. Got onto Harvey Norman and was told it was processed on their side that I would have to contact my bank.

Contacted my bank and they told me that I have to contact Harvey Norman, that they cannot see refunds incoming until they hit my account.

Just don't know what to do, its a 500 euro refund and I'm getting restless now.

What would be my next step? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

How I would handle it:
    Email HN customer service onlineorders@ie.harveynorman.com, setting out your order number, reason for cancellation and times/dates which you have previously have been in contact. State that contact needs to be made before the end of the week to confirm receipt and that the refund is due.
    Set a deadline of the end of the week, if you hear nothing by then, you can make contact with your bank, request a charge back and you have the email sent to HN as evidence of non communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

swampy353 wrote: »
    How I would handle it:
    Email HN customer service onlineorders@ie.harveynorman.com, setting out your order number, reason for cancellation and times/dates which you have previously have been in contact. State that contact needs to be made before the end of the week to confirm receipt and that the refund is due.
    Set a deadline of the end of the week, if you hear nothing by then, you can make contact with your bank, request a charge back and you have the email sent to HN as evidence of non communication.

That's the thing, I've emailed them and they've emailed me back stating the refund was processed. I think I'm just going to do a charge back tomorrow and hopefully get the money back quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I would not do a charge back. You will find the money hits your account, and then the visa company starts then charge back process and it is all a big mess.

It is my belief (and makes logical sense) that refunds are taking longer to get back to people's accounts. When you think of all the travel refunds that are going on, all people changing their mind (like you) refunds going on, the system is slower at the moment.

From what I am seeing it is taking minimum 7-10 working days for refunds that used to take 3-4.

I think your money is out there in a suspense/financial space account. Give it a few more days. It will arrive.

Doing a charge back will not make it happen quicker. It will only clog up the system more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just an update.

Got onto AIB card services today to see if they could shed some light. Originally told me the refund should be back in by now and that they would open a dispute on my behalf just to send the documents in to begin it.

Got a call back then about 5 minutes later to say they checked my card and could see the refund was posted today to it so that it should hit my bank account tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Awesome! Good to hear. Things are just taking a little longer than they usually do...

• Advertisement
Advertisement