Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Face on Grafton Street Rammed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It IS very on brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,612 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought when I read the title that it was packed with people and was an example of bad social distancing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I imagine there'll be an increase in some attempted burglaries in shops as they're nearly all closed now and nobody is around. Probably a corresponding decrease in home robberies though as nearly everyone is at home and that increases the risks associated.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Birneybau wrote: »
    It IS very on brand.

Last brand to get so nasty so fast was Burberry. Never quite recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I didnt even realise The North Face was seen as a chav brand. Ill have to dump all my ski gear now and replace it with something a little upmarket like.....Canada Goose :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭GG21057

Goddamn, when did the knackers drift into North Face?? There goes half my casual wardrobe...

GG21057 wrote: »
    Goddamn, when did the knackers drift into North Face?? There goes half my casual wardrobe...

Last year or so. It and Canada Goose are now destroyed.

Grey north Face tracksuit, Canada Goose jacket (often fake, tbh) and 400+ quid runners are now what every little scrotes wants to be wearing.

Hugo Boss is also getting sucked in as an alternative trackies brand. They'd be well advised to just stop making tracksuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

When they started doing grey tracksuit bottoms and ruined it for the rest of us who just like a nice fleece or cargos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Anyone know whats going on here ?

I find it hard to believe that this was not an attempted burglary.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/grafton-street-shop-door-smashed-18045695

0_IMG_20200405_104156.jpg

Your definition of burglary would differ from mine! I think burglars would be slightly more subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Your definition of burglary would differ from mine! I think burglars would be slightly more subtle.

Dublin live said the Gardas didn't think it was a burglary.

Gardai told Dublin Live they do not believe the incident was a burglary attempt

• Advertisement

Riddle me this - if the whole point in knackers wearing the 'high end brands' is to show that they're successful and rolling in cash.. why do they need to break into the store to rob the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Carphone warehouse have signs on the store fronts all stock has been removed from store since they closed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Carphone warehouse have signs on the store fronts all stock has been removed from store since they closed

Not sure if they'll reopen here. So could be for reasons other than security. https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/dixons-carphone-warehouse-closes-530-uk-stores-with-loss-of-3-000-jobs-1.4205044

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surprised there is not daily instances of looting of the high end shops.

Riddle me this - if the whole point in knackers wearing the 'high end brands' is to show that they're successful and rolling in cash.. why do they need to break into the store to rob the stuff?

Because they actually aren't succesful/rolling in it. Hence the fakes and Arnotts needing extra security guards at the doors nearest the North Face concession (take a look when it reopens, its quite obvious)

I think its only a matter of time before we see riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Most of them have been emptied. From a quick glance in the window at Brown Thomas, most of the stock seems to have been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

a very popular brand with teenage dirt-bags it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The future of rainwear is here......for a shower of pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

A good few years now I'd say. Like everything, it all depends on how you wear it. I'd love to know who comes up with the changing chav/nack trends each year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Jimmy McGill

L1011 wrote: »
    Last year or so. It and Canada Goose are now destroyed.

Grey north Face tracksuit, Canada Goose jacket (often fake, tbh) and 400+ quid runners are now what every little scrotes wants to be wearing.

Hugo Boss is also getting sucked in as an alternative trackies brand. They'd be well advised to just stop making tracksuits.

North Face, Canada Goose, Hugo Boss, Armani, Gucci can all be regularly seen in various parts of Dublin being worn by drug dealing toe rags

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

North Face, Canada Goose, Hugo Boss, Armani, Gucci can all be regularly seen in various parts of Dublin being worn by drug dealing toe rags

Most of them aren’t drug dealers just dumb young fellas who think it’s hard/impressive to dress like the dealers do. It’s part of a culture where people are looking up to and trying to ape the wrong people, drug dealers, stars of reality tv anybody that rich without deserving it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Ill never forget the time my German friend asked me "Why is the style in Ireland for this grey trousers"

Ive never been as disappointed in my life

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Caranica wrote: »

Mot suprised, why have multiple rebts when you can just put the CPW inside an existing Currys etc (which is what thay do here already?).

Lots of pubs and shops boarded up given they will not be reopening anytime soon, the ramming of the North Face shop explains why.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 fuilnaheireann

It's all about optics.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone caught committing crime during the Covid 19 period should get a double sentence. They have no regard for people or property.
    We had two ATM’s taken at the same time last Sunday morning at 3.40 am in Dundalk. Happily both were recovered intact and people were arrested. Two cars were burned at the entrances to the Garda station. Obviously stolen and the owners are at a loss.
    Time to show these wasters up for what they are. Double their sentences and make it hard for them by cutting their dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Double their sentences and make it hard for them by cutting their dole.
    Can you get the dole when banged up?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Can you get the dole when banged up?

Some prisoners continue to claim the dole while in jail.

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/inside-and-on-the-dole-one-in-five-prisoners-claim-welfare-25199

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Big Gerry wrote: »

That article is 8 years old ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Seems an awfull lot of costly damage caused just to grab a few jackets and tracksuit bottoms.

Advertisement