Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage query - during Coronavirus

• 05-04-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I am just in position to finally purchase a house. My job is secure in the current climate. Is this a bad time to be getting a mortgage loan? Not that I can afford to hold off, or I'll be retired and still paying it off. What type of mortgage is best? Any guidance in this matter during coronavirus times is welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Hi,
    I am just in position to finally purchase a house. My job is secure in the current climate. Is this a bad time to be getting a mortgage loan? Not that I can afford to hold off, or I'll be retired and still paying it off. What type of mortgage is best? Any guidance in this matter during coronavirus times is welcome. Thanks

If the price is right and you are confident in your job and ability to pay and it's the house that you want in the area that you want then fire away I'd say.....

People ran into trouble in the past because prices were inflated, they man-maths their ability to pay based on ever increasing and available credit and assumed that if the sh1t hit the fan they'd sell their apartment in Dubai for twice what they paid.....

BTW, you won't be paying a mortgage into your retirment as they won't give you a term that runs past 65 (or there abouts)....

Advertisement