Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Both Switch Let's Go Eevee model and Yellow Switch lite not charging

• 06-04-2020 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭

Last night both my OG Let's go Eevee switch and a recently purchased Yellow Switch lite won't charge. There was a little power in the Eevee switch and upon powering it on I got a new weird joycon problem where both the left and right seemed to sparodically disconnect I tried the hard reset and to charge the console and no charging icon appears after a while the joycon seemed to synch and I got things working only for the memory card to start acting up took it out and put it back in cleaning the port first. I only use my official plugs with either switch and am very confused as to what's up.

The yellow lite just seems dead have tried both chargers to no avail tried the power reboot too am gonna stick both on a charge now to see if anything happens but both were working fine left to the side while I was out yesterday and kaput last night when I tried to use them I'm gonna go buy a screwdriver set and take them apart to see if the charging ports are the issue but no one else has access to either just me.

One switch is a loss both I'm absolutely devastated I hope it's just dust or something minor but I'm at a loss as to what could have happened.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I'm wondering was there a power surge or something during the night? This morning one of my TV's wouldn't turn on or my Echo Show respond to questions. I had to pug both of them out and restart them and they seem fine now.

It would be beyond a coincidence for both of your Switches to die at the same time. Have you another charger/laptop USB/portable battery you could try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Didn't notice anything strange I'd left both in to charge for a few minutes last night I am using a USB c phone charger on the Eevee switch as soon as I can find it

Eevee switch charging in dock mode using a phone charger left joycon definitely not syncing I'm able to play animal crossing in table top mode it's weird yellow one no life I need a precision screwdriver set hope dealz or Tesco have some

Neither official charger is working so I am gonna have to get a new charger and new joycon/ joycons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Check your attic for christmas crackers. The number one source in the home for small screw driver sets.

(That's not a joke, by the way. Has gotten me out of quite a number of glasses-related emergencies in other people's houses)

I need a 000 flat head one neither official charger is working so I'm guessing it may have been a power surge I bought the yellow switch lite in cex in Newry so no Nintendo warranty two year cex warranty but they're closed at the moment I will go off my head without my Switch I'm gonna be on adverts looking for a cheap one now the charger Isn't even working with the dock just the phone charger and that might cause more trouble **** my life

• Advertisement
Advertisement