Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~ Building a House in 2020 ~

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭MacDanger

We have very high level costs only e.g. X for the ground works, Y for the structure, etc. Will get into detailed costing with them shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jennycan

Our builder adds 10 percent to everything for PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Would anyone have a ball park figure for the expected costs for roofing a new build house (265 sqm) + garage (55 sqm) - looking for labour only price at this point? Struggling to get quotes as most saying not available in my time frame. I have one person quoting me and I expect to hear tomorrow or the day after so it would be good to have something to compare it with.

Even pricing from a few years ago would be fine as i can add on a bit for price increase and still see if it’s reasonable. Based in the South East but pricing from anywhere would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I think that’s about right, even fairly good value in current climate. Another 20k for kitchen, 8-10 per bathroom, 10k for floors. Call it 400k. Do you need a well? That and treatment cost me 11k alone!

Then there’s external surfaces, could be 20k. Is there MVHR? UFH? Maybe 5k for alarms and cameras. Painting it is going to be 5 for inside alone.

Is there a garage in that price? Another 30k if not.

Insulation went up 35% since January. Concrete up from 60 to over 100 pcm. Steel is just mental. Wiring is easily 25% more than 12 months ago.

I'm 30k over what I thought was worst case. Thing is, it’s not going to get any cheaper imo.

Advertisement