Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Hardware shops in Kildare

Options
  • 06-04-2020 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's any open hardware shops in Kildare at the moment? Everything in Newbridge seems to be closed. Nass/Newbridge/Kildare Town/Kilcullen area would be preferable.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

GavMan wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's any open hardware shops in Kildare at the moment? Everything in Newbridge seems to be closed. Nass/Newbridge/Kildare Town/Kilcullen area would be preferable.

Choice are open. I read last night that Chadwicks will open in an emergency, maybe give them a call and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Barretts Maynooth are doing 9-1; but only for essentials (plumbing/electrical mostly) and you need to phone in advance - 6286371

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Did I hear the Range in Maynooth was open?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jammyd wrote: »
    Did I hear the Range in Maynooth was open?

They are, but, when I went there the weekend lockdown was announced, I was told the Gardaí had visited and asked them to stop selling non essential items.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    They are, but, when I went there the weekend lockdown was announced, I was told the Gardaí had visited and asked them to stop selling non essential items.

You can buy hardware now as long as you buy something "essential" as well with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hellrazer wrote: »
    You can buy hardware now as long as you buy something "essential" as well with it.

Specifically in The Range? Or in general?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Specifically in The Range? Or in general?

Just in the Range. I got paint there yesterday but was "advised" to buy something essential so I bought a bottle of bleach!!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

I'm looking for paint as well, Woodies are selling online and delivering, but can't find any paints at all. Is Choice still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think Colour Trend is Celbridge is still open.

I was looking to buy some gardening tools. Can find anywhere open. Just want to get a trowel and similar things. I think I may go on Adverts.

I think Colour Trend is Celbridge is still open.

I was looking to buy some gardening tools. Can find anywhere open. Just want to get a trowel and similar things. I think I may go on Adverts.
    Might be to risky for me travel from Kildare to Celbridge and I prefer don't brake the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

asgaard wrote: »
    Might be to risky for me travel from Kildare to Celbridge and I prefer don't brake the rules.

They might deliver for a fee. Contactless, pay over the phone, leave it on the step

They might deliver for a fee. Contactless, pay over the phone, leave it on the step
    Delivery is free, but paints are overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Colortrend paints are priced suitable to their quality basically. Vastly superior to any other domestically produced brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

L1011 wrote: »
    Colortrend paints are priced suitable to their quality basically. Vastly superior to any other domestically produced brand.

Yup, great paint.. nicer than F&B and cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Delivery is free, but paints are overpriced.

That would mean the delivery charge is included in the new price. Lucky for anyone getting delivery & yough luck on anyone buying to take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Does anyone know anywhere I could order Ronseal fence life?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

L1011 wrote: »

Yep, I'd completely agree. I originally got a shock when I priced their stuff a few years ago but picked up a bargain bin colour they had on sale (it was only for a spare room) I immediately saw why the price difference!

I'm in need of same brand (Slate color) for wooden fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just did a search and found this. They seem to be delivering to this general area. 2 - 4 days for delivery by a third party (courier obviously). I haven't used them myself, though.

https://www.build4less.ie/paint/exterior-paint.html
    COVID 19 Notice: We are accepting orders for small DIY products for delivery to homes and essential services. These orders will be delivered through approved third party delivery companies.

Please allow 2 - 4 days for delivery.

I just did a search and found this. They seem to be delivering to this general area. 2 - 4 days for delivery by a third party (courier obviously). I haven't used them myself, though.

Thank you, I'll contact them tomorrow and check. It's typical to have the time to do things, but not having what you need.

• Advertisement

Seems like they don't have color which I'm after, but I've sent them email.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Thank you, I'll contact them tomorrow and check. It's typical to have the time to do things, but not having what you need.
    Seems like they don't have color which I'm after, but I've sent them email.

Thanks
    The shops will probably be open by the time you'd get the stuff but at least it's an option... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Seems hardwares, merchants and garden centres are now on the essential list and technically can open but many will oblige the government and not open till next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Seems hardwares, merchants and garden centres are now on the essential list and technically can open but many will oblige the government and not open till next week

Heard this also, but opening from this weekend. Can only imagine the queues

matchthis wrote: »
    Heard this also, but opening from this weekend. Can only imagine the queues
    Where did u hear it? If it happens (unlikely) are we talking about Woodies and B&Q's ?

Where did u hear it? If it happens (unlikely) are we talking about Woodies and B&Q's ?

Hopefully they'll be open, I'll see you at the fence life stock! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Was from a friend in the trade as I was asking about getting a delivery done. Was in reference to woodies and b&q as he didn't have what I needed, but might get sorted if this all happens

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ted Johnsons are doing delivery and now stock Colortrend for anyone interested in that brand

They also have fencelife

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Ted Johnsons are doing delivery and now stock Colortrend for anyone interested in that brand

They also have fencelife
    Will have a look now for fencelife

• Advertisement

Go through the phone call, no Ronseal fence life paint at all.

Advertisement