Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Hardware shops in Kildare

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Moores Builders Providers in Newbridge is open every day - no fence paint in there either though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Moores Builders Providers in Newbridge is open every day - no fence paint in there either though
    so why Kildare Builders Providers are closed if these guys are open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

asgaard wrote: »
    so why Kildare Builders Providers are closed if these guys are open?

Their own decision maybe?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Go through the phone call, no Ronseal fence life paint at all.

Use Culprinol, fencelife is ditch water.

beertons wrote: »
    Use Culprinol, fencelife is ditch water.
    Can't do as I've painted half of the fence already and run out of paint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Can't do as I've painted half of the fence already and run out of paint :)

Risk it! People have started to cut their own hair these days. It could be amazing!! :pac: It's only a fence...

Risk it! People have started to cut their own hair these days. It could be amazing!! :pac: It's only a fence...
    Hahaha u made my day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Their own decision maybe?

That would be it. Hardware stores have been allowed open since Harris signed the powers order. But many have chosen not to. Permission to open was confirmed by the govt on Friday - usual social distancing rules apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/government-now-insists-hardware-stores-cannot-open-to-the-public-39139654.html

Hugh O'Connell

April 19 2020 01:28 PM

HARDWARE stores should not be open to the general public, the Government has clarified, following widespread confusion in the sector in recent days.

Business Minister Heather Humphreys said on Sunday that hardware stores can operate in a “very limited and restricted way” and should not be open to the general public during the Covid-19 restrictions.

Hardware and garden shops were classed as ‘essential retail outlets’ under emergency laws giving gardaí the power to enforce the pandemic restrictions. This was despite such stores being told to close by the Government at the end of March.

Some hardware stores around the country started to reopen last week on the basis of the new regulations.

The Department issued a clarifying statement on Saturday night, saying: “Hardware and other stores shouldn’t be open to the general public.

“Such outlets are not to open except on the emergency and/or delivery basis as set out in the updated retail services list. That list is unchanged.”

Speaking to RTÉ’s This Week programme on Sunday, Ms Humphreys outlined the circumstances under which hardware stores can currently operate.

“It's not the case that hardware stores should be open to the general public, but if you need something as an emergency, for example, if you have a burst pipe in your house, or if there's a hole in your roof and the rain is coming in, or the fridge gives up.

“Obviously, in emergency cases like that, you and your tradesman are going to need to be able to access certain materials from the hardware shops to fix the problem.

“So I want to stress in cases like that, it should be done by delivery or on an emergency call up basis. So basically if there's an emergency or you need to get something the hardware stores can provide that to you.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Just for anyone looking to get stuff - Moores are delivery only, you need to call them (045-432783), they've a minimum order of €50 and delivery is €5 - but they where really helpful on the phone and delivered really quickly for me :D

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Clearys Topline in Kilcock are open for delivery and collection.
    You have to pre pay by card over the phone and they will give you a collection time and/or delivery time if you want it delivered.
    Great service I have to say--ordered stuff at 10.00 yesterday morning...delivered yesterday at 2.00
    Needed extra stuff today - ordered at 10.30 and I collected it at 11.00

They really have it worked out well for customers and staff.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Clearys Topline in Kilcock are open for delivery and collection.
    You have to pre pay by card over the phone and they will give you a collection time and/or delivery time if you want it delivered.
    Great service I have to say--ordered stuff at 10.00 yesterday morning...delivered yesterday at 2.00
    Needed extra stuff today - ordered at 10.30 and I collected it at 11.00

They really have it worked out well for customers and staff.

Do they have Ronseal fence paint by any chance?

Do they have Ronseal fence paint by any chance?
    At this stage, I'm really worried for your fence. If it's just to finish the job to make it look okay, have you considered just staining it? Obviously, it'd be your personal preference if you went Lyons or Barry's, but tea is good for that sort of thing (temporarily). Stew if for a while, though.

At this stage, I'm really worried for your fence. If it's just to finish the job to make it look okay, have you considered just staining it? Obviously, it'd be your personal preference if you went Lyons or Barry's, but tea is good for that sort of thing (temporarily). Stew if for a while, though.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Woodies on the Long Mile Road are doing click and collect apparently. Keep an eye out for the one in Newbridge, they'll all probably offer it soon.

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Just for anyone looking to get stuff - Moores are delivery only, you need to call them (045-432783), they've a minimum order of €50 and delivery is €5 - but they where really helpful on the phone and delivered really quickly for me :D

Paddy
    Apparently you can go to the shop too. My brother was there today and just had to queue for a bit. I think they let a few people in at a time, with somebody taking strict charge of the door.

Advertisement