Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#ibelieveher part II

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    It's not just a claim though, it's a claim of a very serious incident which is a crime and should bring with it a criminal investigation and possibly legal consequences.

It's also a claim that can tarnish someones reputation and ruin their livelihood.

It would be blithe and spurious to treat it as a mere claim.

Of course it should be investigated. That’s the position I’ve maintained all along.

It’s a mere claim from my perspective in so far as it has no evidence attached so I can’t test whether it’s true or not. I have absolutely no way of knowing whether it’s true or not.

She hasn’t made an accusation against any named individual but even if she did, I would just view it and a claim because ... I have no way to know whether it’s true or not because there’s no evidence attached to the claim that we have seen.

Advertisement