Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did I do?

Options
  • 06-04-2020 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

So i am puzzled with what I have done wrong. Any ideas. I have Virgin media 500 meg unlimited with phone in my house.

I installed an ASUS wifi router to increase speed and coverage in the house and coverage and speed increased nicely. I set the virgin hub to modem mode, connected an ethernet wire to my ASIS and my 5g wifi jumped to between 180 to 230 meg. Was very happy.

I then tidied up the wires.:( Now my wifi is topping out at 60 meg. WTF?

Connections as follows.

Virgin line into virgin superhub. Wifi turned off and in modem mode.

Supplied ASUS ethernet cable from Superhub into ASUS. ASUS handing wifi.

House phone base station 2.4 GHZ, plugged into phone port of superhub.

WDCLOUD connected to ASUS via ethernet cable.

All equipment on a windowsill, side by side. (interference maybe?)

Any ideas what is wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Never mind!

I reseated the virgin input into the superhub. Now getting 283meg download and 51meg upload on wifi

I'm a dope

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You may have managed to make only sufficient connection to get 100mbit ethernet to the ASUS router; but reseating the coax wouldn't have fixed that unless it also jiggled the ethernet cable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Could be. I just reseated the coax and rebooted. Away it went. Currently have wifi of 280 meg!

Advertisement