Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing lithium batteries.

Options
  • 06-04-2020 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I am wondering does Addresspal do this?

Importing batteries is deemed a flight risk and has been banned since 2017. Does anpost have a sailing service between the uk and Ireland?

Camera batteries and chargers for specific models are very difficult to source here and am trying to find a way of getting a postal service for same. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I bought camera batteries from Wish, took a few weeks to get them. but they arrived without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

I bought camera batteries from Wish, took a few weeks to get them. but they arrived without any issues

Was that recently?

Any attempt that I have made over the past 18 months to get camera batteries has failed. The customs intercept them due to them being a fight hazard apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I got a high-capacity power bank delivered with AddressPal six months ago. No issue, and there was even a sticker on the package indicating that it contained batteries.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No they don't. Lithium Ion batteries are on their prohibited article list. Anyone putting these on a flight without correct hazardous paperwork can endanger the flight.

whiterebel wrote: »
    No they don't. Lithium Ion batteries are on their prohibited article list. Anyone putting these on a flight without correct hazardous paperwork can endanger the flight.

https://www.batteryupgrade.ie/

Would these suppliers be compliant?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eddie73 wrote: »
    https://www.batteryupgrade.ie/

Would these suppliers be compliant?

They probably ship by road, i think they may come from Holland? It is their problem to make sure it is compliant, not yours.

whiterebel wrote: »
    They probably ship by road, i think they may come from Holland? It is their problem to make sure it is compliant, not yours.

Tnx for the heads up. I ended up getting sorted out locally (Dublin camera shop). Not taking the risk again.

Advertisement