Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On line shopping during the pandemic?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

I notice one particular place I have some bought some sim racing kit from Germany from have doubled their shipping fee (UPS), not sure if the usual delivery time of 4 days will be met. Also bought Nespresso capsules and their delivery is 7 to 10 days, so some stuff arriving quickly others longer than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Darwin wrote: »
    I notice one particular place I have some bought some sim racing kit from Germany from have doubled their shipping fee (UPS), not sure if the usual delivery time of 4 days will be met. Also bought Nespresso capsules and their delivery is 7 to 10 days, so some stuff arriving quickly others longer than usual.

Fanatec? I was hovering over the buy button yesterday! Does it depend on how much you spend?

I think on Amazon if you've prime it's better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I like a bit of line shopping meself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The missus bought a basketball stand in Argos ages ago, only delivered today. The delivery guy said it wasn't this busy at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I ordered books , jigsaw and games from
    The Book Haven . Ordered on Thursday arrived on Saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

ricero wrote: »
    Bought a few bits online (mostly clothes) the past few weeks and one thing I have noticed is how fast the deliveries have been.

Have to agree with this. That said I did order something from China (!) which hasn't arrived after 4 weeks, but anything from the UK seems to be here in about 3 or 4 days.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Ive ordered from a lot of places and all with me within 3-4 days. I was surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Fanatec? I was hovering over the buy button yesterday! Does it depend on how much you spend?

To a certain extent yes, Fanatec shipping will €30 at least so probably best to buy all your kit in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

all the webcams are sold out, not surprising really

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Five more days to go before the food order I put in two weeks ago is scheduled for delivery. Can't wait but I'll have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^

out of interest..which shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I work as a postman and I'm busier than ever with packets and parcels.
    It's great for An Post as they are making an absolute fortune from delivering online orders but it's putting us posties at more risk by having to be in the office for longer, having to handle a lot more items each day and having to call to more houses each day.
    I'd say 95% of what I'm delivering each day are 'non essential' items.

Also, I have noticed that it's like the week before Christmas in the post office with the amount of parcels being posted. Again, people are leaving their homes to post non essential items to each other.

But it gets me out of the house for the day :)

Advertisement