Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barking dog's and their dumbo owners.

Options
  • 06-04-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Are these people deaf, can they not hear their abused and suffering pets going crazy with their non stop barking.

It's not something I've noticed much before the coronavirus but f' me is there anyone who I can report them to.

Two dogs in allendale, one is a recently moved in locksmith on allendale drive with a big loud dumb dog the other is a Lithuanian gang with a small annoying mutt.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Four of our neighbours have two yippy cnuts, one slightly bigger angry cnut and a huge dangerous cnut. The neighbours are relatives and live beside and behind us so we're enclosed by them on all sides and we keep our hedges high enough that they can't include us in their incessant moron conversations. Their yippy dogs are going non stop, constant yip yip yip morning noon and night. The medium dog comes crashing through our hedge to frighten us if we walk around our garden (or to threaten our pets when they're outside) and the biggest one never crosses the hedge (or hasn't yet) but will aggressively bark at us.

I love animals but it's taking every iota of diplomacy I have not to smash each of them with a shovel, especially recently as we're at home more. Not only are the dogs a daily problem, they wake us up throughout the night, each morning and literally hound us every moment but the neighbours are coughing all over the back of the hedges our cat walks through so I don't even know if it's safe for him to be walking around outside anymore or will be transmit the feckin virus to us from their children, who are calling at all hours of the day and night from Christ knows where.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Phil.x wrote: »
    Are these people deaf, can they not hear their abused and suffering pets going crazy with their non stop barking.

It's not something I've noticed much before the coronavirus but f' me is there anyone who I can report them to.

Two dogs in allendale, one is a recently moved in locksmith on allendale drive with a big loud dumb dog the other is a Lithuanian gang with a small annoying mutt.

Hi Phil, there are things that can be done all less than ideal given the owners should have a bit of cop on and realise their pooches bark can be like nails on a chalkboard for some - I live in a nearby new estate and we have incessant issues with dogs out barking non stop - always the same culprits but the owners do not give a rats A$$ about their neighbors - working from home lately is no doubt bringing this issue to the fore. In our situation there are so many dogs we actually dont know who's animal it is without flying a drone overhead to peer into peoples gardens which obviously I wouldnt do.

Options available are always of course speaking with the dog owner however if this isn't working you can contact the local authority dog warden who can call to your neighbor to explain the complaint, the remedies in law and complete a license check for their dog. Alternatively, you can write a letter of complaint to the district court and request a date for a hearing.

If this is the option you decide to pursue, it is advisable to have video footage and a record of dates and times of the disturbances. You must inform the dog owner of your complaint by using the form prescribed for this purpose under Section 25 of the control of Dogs Act 1985 which is available from the district court office and your local authority office.

The court can make an order that requires the occupier of the house where the dog is kept, to stop the excessive barking by exercising due control over the dog.

Extremely annoying given people should just have a bit of cop on and respect that if you chose to have a dog in an estate you should at a minimum ensure the dog is trained to not be a noise pollutant or keep the dam thing inside. Here in D15 unfortunately we have a large amount of ignorant bleeps! Have lived in loads of different areas and never seen so many people with dogs!! Also to be clear I'm not against dogs just spelling out that the owners are the ones that need to have more cop on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

These look cheap enough to try if its an immediately next door dog and the owners wont do anything about it...

https://petlifetoday.com/best-ultrasonic-bark-control-devices-and-anti-bark-deterrents/

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Jackiebt

We live in an estate in D15, semi detached houses and our next door neighbour decided to get a dog about 6 months ago and leave it out his back garden. The dog is a big breed with a loud bark. The animal is about a year old now and rarely leaves the back garden, the are gone all day, when they come home they open the door feed him then close the door, so never walked or given any affection. There should be a law preventing this but there is not, once the animal is fed and has shelter nothing can be done.

Of course the poor animal barks and howls for hours all day, strangely, he stops when they are home, trouble is they are away a lot of the time. I approached them in a nice mannerly way and told them the dog is driving us and other neighbour nuts, they tried to play it down, make us out to be drama queens etc. After a few more months of torture we went to them again and were told abruptly that to F off.

I know there are steps to take like reporting them to the council for noise pollution etc. but we do not want to go down that road, they are the types that would make our lives a living hell if we brought them to court. My question, do the anti bark ultrasonic devices actually work? Can anyone recommend one that worked well outdoors, FYI we are very close to where the dog barks, about 10ft, any advice is very much appreciated.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Maybe contact the owners on their social media.

repeatedly. each time the dog is distressed.

if they're your direct next door neighbors you can make maybe some noise of your own in the wee hours until they get the message.

if they're 3 doors up, i dont know.

i saw a short documentary on this issue and the only real tip i took from it was for the owner to leave some of their smelly clothes with the dog, the smellier the better. the dogs brain assumes his pack/owner is still around due to the presence of their owners scent, it comforts them. its once the scent dies down that the 'isolated from the pack' instincts trigger and the dog starts to get distressed and bark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement