Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OSSC query

• 06-04-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can advise. I bought an ossc to use with my Dreamcast off Amazon the other day, but does not seem to work. Getting a lot of weird characters on the LCD display on the unit itself after about 30 seconds. Did some googling, and I'm not seeing the grey test screen either. Tried diff TV's and swapped hdmi's.

Only set it up this morning as my packapunch scart only just arrived.

It's Kaico branded. Is that a cheaper version? I'm not sure if anything can be done with it, anything I've looked up says it's a hardware issue if I'm not seeing the grey screen.

I'll be sending it back to amazon, not sure if i should get another from them, or is there somewhere better to purchase from?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The lad who makes the actual OSSC actually moved to Ireland and posted on here a little while ago.

Here ya go;

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058056117

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Perfect, I will order from there! Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Although you may have ordered and received a new OSSC by now, Kaico are making their own copies, which they can do of course, since it's open source hardware. At this point their Amazon entry is possibly more expensive than one direct from VGP.

I only ordered and received my own last week, I wasn't aware that one of their creators was now local.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sugarman wrote: »

However, VGP have rightly gained their name as the best and by far the most reputable supplier in terms of high quality components used and their customer servicem which is reportedly top notch if anything goes wrong.

The recommendations for them is probably why I had it my head that they were the originators at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BuckoA51

Video Game Perfection aren't the creators of the OSSC and as far as I am aware they dont any affiliation to him either (Markus Hiienkari / marqs85 of GitHub).

We absolutely are affiliated with him, well in as much as I'm in regular contact with Markus and I pay a royalty for each batch of OSSC I produce.

We were the first to support OSSC and the first to bring it to market. Everyone else jumped on the bandwagon later after we proved there was a demand for it :D

We're also helping develop and test OSSC Pro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement