Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDF 2019 October competition

Options
  • 06-04-2020 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I enlisted to join the RDF last year in October and had my fitness test in February which I passed.
    I was then contacted for interview but could not attend as I was out of the country, they said they would make a note of that.

Since then I received an email about my Garda vetting which I filled out.

I am wondering if anyone has had any contact from this competition or knows if it is going ahead amidst the COVID19 crisis.

What is the normal time frame for a medical etc ?

Please let me know if I should have heard more or if you have any further information,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 byrne221

Kilian1995 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I enlisted to join the RDF last year in October and had my fitness test in February which I passed.
    I was then contacted for interview but could not attend as I was out of the country, they said they would make a note of that.

Since then I received an email about my Garda vetting which I filled out.

I am wondering if anyone has had any contact from this competition or knows if it is going ahead amidst the COVID19 crisis.

What is the normal time frame for a medical etc ?

Please let me know if I should have heard more or if you have any further information,

Thanks

Well,

I'm in the same boat as yoursepf at the moment, I applied back in November 2019 .

Completed my interview and fitness test same day in Dundalk. Still waiting on a medical though.
    But from a man I was talking to he said it could be September time we get it now.

Cause the covid crisis. All personal would be dealing with it in some way

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilian1995

Hey dude

Thanks for the reply! I called the man power in CBB and they said all recruitment is on hold until lockdown is over, so waiting game I guess!!

If anyone has updates they’d be appreciated
    byrne221 wrote: »
    Well,

I'm in the same boat as yoursepf at the moment, I applied back in November 2019 .

Completed my interview and fitness test same day in Dundalk. Still waiting on a medical though.
    But from a man I was talking to he said it could be September time we get it now.

Cause the covid crisis. All personal would be dealing with it in some way

Advertisement