Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday home owners in Connemara (and elsewhere)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0409/1129538-covid19-coronavirus-restrictions/
    An infectious diseases consultant has said it is "absolutely ridiculous" that people are even considering leaving their principal place of residence to go to a holiday home this weekend.

Prof Paddy Mallon, who works at St Vincent's University Hospital in Dublin, said we are at a critical stage in the country in how we manage the Covid-19 pandemic and this weekend is "make or break".

Speaking on RTÉ's Today with Sean O'Rourke, he described the decision to travel as "madness" and said he hopes the authorities come down "very heavily" on people who ignore the advice and put their countrymen in danger by travelling from an area where there is a lot of cases, to an area where there is a low number of cases and poorer health infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,202 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I know a nurse. She lives with her parents.

She is working on the front line. She has dealt with coronavirus positive patients for more than a month now. She has accepted that more than likely she will get coronavirus.

Her parents have gone to a borrowed holiday house 3 weeks ago so their front line daughter doesn't risk bringing coronavirus into their home.

Her parents have been shouted at in a town when doing shopping to go back to Dublin.

It's not helpful at all.

Are they not providing accom for front line workers? If so, she should have taken that up and leave the parents stay where they are.
    For all we know the parents could have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Not three weeks ago, they weren't.

This nurses' parents left three weeks ago when they weren't restricted from travelling. If they had it, they would have had symptoms by now.

The gardai are not telling people already in situ to return home. So if people are already there, they are there for the duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I have been stoped by the Garda I was going to work I did not see anyone turned back.

Has there be any evidence of many trying to ge to their holiday home after the second lot of restrictions. There are bound to be a few eejits who try it but is there evidence of it being a widespread issue.

A lot of the news programs reporting 'locals say' in other words gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gourcuff wrote: »
    whats a country person?

ABAD - Anyone but a Dub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭saabsaab

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ABAD - Anyone but a Dub

Anybody but a dublin city Dub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

im setting up a wicker man business if anyones interested in shares

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

im setting up a wicker man business if anyones interested in shares

Straw dogs could be another option.

🙈🙉🙊

I'm glad I don't holiday outside Dublin, except when I go to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

BPKS wrote: »
    Cant see anything more idiotic than usual from him.

What idiotic tweet in particular?

There is only one way to look at it.
    They went to a place where they could self-isolate to protect themselves.
    So they isolate for required time and its done.
    This is what HSE and WHO are advising...

I think i put this in wrong place it response to person about nurse parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

qaqVfbO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

bitburger wrote: »
    qaqVfbO.png

That is pathetically sad if true.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

qaqVfbO.png

That person is A: needlessly gone to multiple supermarkets and for a drive to look at dozens of holiday homes to verify, B: heard this from other people i.e. rumour, or C: making it up or greatly exaggerating.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Are they not providing accom for front line workers? If so, she should have taken that up and leave the parents stay where they are.
    For all we know the parents could have it.

They are now. They weren't 3 weeks ago. I don't think they are allowed back to Dublin now?

Given that the parents haven't had symptoms after 3 weeks theres no evidence that they could have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

That is pathetically sad if true.

....and while we're admiring Mr. Nolan's Pulitzer worthy efforts (I'd draw my blinds if you live near him btw), let's **** every Wexford native out of their Dublin hospital beds tonight and make some room for the locals.

Godforsakin' land of squinting windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Some lunatics in Kilkee co Clare have threatened holiday home owners that

They may not have a Holiday home to go to next summer.

(See Limerick Leader news)

These are in a town with no industry except tourism.

Also I am sure that these individuals do not stay in Kilkee 24/7 but travel to Kilrush/Ennis or even Limerick for shopping etc thus likely to bring the virus in themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Pat.k

Hi all.
    Does a holiday home in West Kerry count as a home address if the guards ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭firemansam4

I know a nurse. She lives with her parents.

She is working on the front line. She has dealt with coronavirus positive patients for more than a month now. She has accepted that more than likely she will get coronavirus.

Her parents have gone to a borrowed holiday house 3 weeks ago so their front line daughter doesn't risk bringing coronavirus into their home.

Her parents have been shouted at in a town when doing shopping to go back to Dublin.

It's not helpful at all.

Things are starting to take a sinister turn unfortunately.

My parents have a second home in a rural village in Co Donegal, its only a small cottage and not in one of the big tourist spots.
    They have been up here since the beginning of March well before any lockdown measures. They are both in there mid 70's and decided to cocoon in that cottage. It means that I can help check on them and bring them shopping as I also live in Donegal with my family, they would not have anyone to help bring them these things at there primary home and would probably have to go out and get the shopping themselves.

Now they are wondering if they should leave with what is being said now.
    I would much rather they stay as its much safer and I can help keep an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Pat.k wrote: »
    Hi all.

I guess if your driving license backed that up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Hi all.

kerry doesnt matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Folks its simple,stay at home,stay safe,and have respect for people,you can not blame folk for freaking out with people hitting there "2nd homes".i think some folk do not take onboard how serious this is,and how close we are to it been out of control,look at cavan hospital for an example,when that starts happening we start to realy struggle,get the BBQs out folks,get a few beers in,and if the weather allows sit out the back garden and enjoy,but stay put..stay safe folks

I guess if your driving license backed that up.

No my drivers licence states Dalkey.

I may have other paraphernalia with my Kerry home on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Once it's not a bong. That might lead to other complications.

Things are starting to take a sinister turn unfortunately.

My parents have a second home in a rural village in Co Donegal, its only a small cottage and not in one of the big tourist spots.
    They have been up here since the beginning of March well before any lockdown measures. They are both in there mid 70's and decided to cocoon in that cottage. It means that I can help check on them and bring them shopping as I also live in Donegal with my family, they would not have anyone to help bring them these things at there primary home and would probably have to go out and get the shopping themselves.

Now they are wondering if they should leave with what is being said now.
    I would much rather they stay as its much safer and I can help keep an eye on them.

Gardaí said the other day, if you’ve gone to your holiday home then stay there until this is all over- your parents have done nothing wrong- and seen as they are elderly locals won’t care or think that they’re flouting rules- and considering they’ve been there since March and cocooning there’s even less to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

But it's not your home, is it?

And if you're not there already, the question is a bit irrelevant, no?

Once it's not a bong. That might lead to other complications.

It certainly is not a bong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

good man pat a total troll dalkey me hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Just tell the Garda to mind their own business, you're a rebel and no law applies to you. Go you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Hi all.

What address is on your driving licence? Is your car registered to that address?

These are 2 things a Garda can easily check

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    What address is on your driving licence? Is your car registered to that address?

These are 2 things a Garda can easily check

Home address for both as far as I recall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement