Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday home owners in Connemara (and elsewhere)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sonoftony

We'll cut the funding to the muck savages and see how long they survive.
    you ignorant prick, gas aren't you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I think the Gardai have done a good job over the past few days in preventing more selfish idiots going on holidays to the West/South/NW.
    They need to also address the selfish idiots that got to their holiday homes before the checkpoints started.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sonoftony

AulWan wrote: »
    Oh I understand it very well. But I'm sick of the attitude I'm reading here. Where elderly people who travelled weeks before there were restrictions are feeling worried enough that they are considering leaving their safe haven to go back to Dublin.

"Don't come down here" "Fook off home" ...

But we'll happily let Dublin medical staff come down and look after our sick.

My patience has run out with fooking hypocrites.
    my patience has run out with smart arsed w4nkers like you, a smart answer for everything.you silly little b0llox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You know Cavan is north of Dublin not like Connemara which is West. Just as well you'll never holiday in Ireland I suspect you'd get lost at the end of your drive.
    Your have demonstrated you are no different than the people you castigate with you own attitude. You may not know what the word means but you have shown you are the worst type of hypocrite, one who is ignorant of their own hypocrisy.

He's just making the point that 7 registrars and SCO's (one of whom is my family member) are travelling from Beaumont to hard hit Cavan Hospital that has 70 cases of C-19 hit workers.

The majority of travel out of Dublin is essential services, haulage from the port to fill the shop shelves, medical staff to help out in hospitals etc..

Good old fashioned Irish envy and bigotry masquerading as public health concerns.

People who've worked hard to buy a holiday home are entitled to enjoy them.

Anyone who wants to live in a police-phone state should move to one.

Go sob to your elected representatives- they are the ones who implemented these rules and the Gardaí are simply doing their job and following the law- you obviously have difficulty grasping the simple elements of staying safe in this current crisis- why not seek out a responsible adult who should be able to draw a few crayon pictures to explain it to you

• Advertisement

Pat Kenny is getting texts suggesting the holiday hotspots are clearly full of visitors down for the weekend. He asked whether the Easter weekend will be our Cheltenham. Shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Why did so many locals sell houses to out of towners in the past?

Local needs planning restrictions means that Dubs cant build in your precious villages. We have to buy homes from you.

Reaping what was sown when you took the Dubs Shilling!

That said, no one should be travelling at all at this time, those that do should be fined. Including the country folk who are flaunting the rules too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

If you think this thread is about nothing other than holiday homes and SUV's it's clear you haven't a clue what you are shouting about .
    Writing everything in CAPs is quite ignorant.

I know it is ignorant to write in CAPs.
    I did that deliberately to reflect the ignorance of some of the post.
    It worked as you noticed it.
    I am not shouting about anything, i made my views known about this in a few posts earlier.
    I think the thread is about people traveling against the advise of medics and a local Doctor brought it to all of our attention here.
    If you think its about something else?

John_Rambo wrote: »
    He's just making the point that 7 registrars and SCO's (one of whom is my family member) are travelling from Beaumont to hard hit Cavan Hospital that has 70 cases of C-19 hit workers.

The majority of travel out of Dublin is essential services, haulage from the port to fill the shop shelves, medical staff to help out in hospitals etc..
    What exactly is that point?
    Essential services are continuing to operate and public services are going above and beyond so I should be able to go on holiday?

Would people be as blasé if say the holiday makers were coming from France to get away from it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I know it is ignorant to write in CAPs.
    I did that deliberately to reflect the ignorance of some of the post.
    It worked as you noticed it.
    I am not shouting about anything, i made my views known about this in a few posts earlier.
    I think the thread is about people traveling against the advise of medics and a local Doctor brought it to all of our attention here.
    If you think its about something else?

Actually it was annoying to try and read so I just responded to the SUV nonsense. Writing in caps is pointless as most will ignore it as an unintelligible rant.

• Advertisement

Good old fashioned Irish envy and bigotry masquerading as public health concerns.

Anyone who wants to live in a police-state should move to one.

Do you actually think this is a simple case of bigotry and it took a pandemic for it to emerge? Or do you understand why the travel ban is in place and are just playing devil's advocate here?

Pat Kenny is getting texts suggesting the holiday hotspots are clearly full of visitors down for the weekend. He asked whether the Easter weekend will be our Cheltenham. Shameful.

I’m expecting detailed reports from RTÉ news at 6pm this evening- seeing is believing - I’ve no doubt some people travelled- but are they significant numbers or just a few random idiots? If it’s a significant issue we’ll hear from the Gardaí also who can tell us levels of numbers turned away at checkpoints

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seamie12345

Seriously?? - No one is talking about a police state, everyone is being asked for one Easter weekend of their selfish lives that they stay the hell at home. I'm am sad and embarrassed by the self-righteous brigade who seem to think they have an entitlement to their Easter break that is of paramount importance to some civic responsibility. They're the same people asking the constantly inane question of "when will restrictions be lifted? - and "can we go to the hardware store and nursery so that they can buy plants and do DIY etc" they'll be lifted when enough selfish people cop on, do the right thing and stamp this spread out as fast as possible,
    Acting in your own self interest right now makes any sight of putting this behind us and having any chance of getting our economy back in half way decent shape, slip further and further away.
    It's not easy, I'm out of work, have no chance of finding a new role while this continues, have been at home now with the kids for 4 weeks, haven't seen my mother since a day after she moved into a nursing 5 home weeks ago, my father is cocooning on the other side of the city so I cannot visit him either - there's nothing fun or normal about any of this but I'll do my part to get us out the other side of this.
    It makes me want to cry when I hear of ferries of cars being let into the country, house parties etc, it's hard not to feel that the whole effort is so pointless because of a cohort of selfish idiots and that's dangerous thinking because we cannot afford for the people who are doing the right thing, to feel that it's pointless or compliance will break down

(P.s I'm not referring to any people who moved to a holiday home weeks ago and plan to stay there throughout, the locals know who they are and it's not a problem, the issue is the self centred "holiday weekenders" - Shame on every one of you!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Janey folks I usually take a week in Connemara in June, I consider it a retreat. I'm getting concerned now that this virus won't have gone away enough.

full disclosure _ I have an SAV :D.(T reg)...but I buy everything there and all my meals out except breakfast :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Facehuggers antics got him threadbanned from the main thread so that should give everyone a good idea what to expect from his posts.

Janey folks I usually take a week in Connemara in June, I consider it a retreat. I'm getting concerned now that this virus won't have gone away enough.

full disclosure _ I have an SAV :D.(T reg)...but I buy everything there and all my meals out except breakfast :)

Full disclosure :D

You are the only person to thank this moronic post.

Full disclosure, you are condoning the actions of the selfish idiots heading down to holiday homes for Easter.

I can only assume you would do the same. ;)

Ergo, if we were in June, you may be one of those selfish idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You'd swear Dubliners were the only people in the entire country who own holiday homes going by this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

@sonoftony - Don't post in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Full disclosure :D

You are the only person to thank this moronic post.

TBH I was mostly agreeing with the first line cos I know pricks that would begrudge you the daylight this health thing gives a bit of cover :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

The Dubs will be the cause of the downfall of this country. I think it's time to put up a big fence around the Pale, long overdue.

• Advertisement

I think the Gardai have done a good job over the past few days in preventing more selfish idiots going on holidays to the West/South/NW.
    They need to also address the selfish idiots that got to their holiday homes before the checkpoints started.

Its closing the door when the horse is gone.
    Its just a pity they were not given the powers day 1.
    To be fair i suppose the powers that be people be mature and fallow advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

They've been told they have to stay there now for the duration of the restrictions.
    Hope they'll be able to enforce that. I would love to see these selfish and thoughtless people being hugely inconvenienced for the way they've compromised all the good work that's being done by those who are actually staying at home.

Actually it was annoying to try and read so I just responded to the SUV nonsense. Writing in caps is pointless as most will ignore it as an unintelligible rant.

I think you should read the original post, the SUV and holiday homes were part of what the lady wrote about.
    You may have a "hang up" about SUV, mine is 40+ years old toy way before SUVs.
    Well you responded my rant (which is what it is) so success...

doylefe wrote: »
    The Dubs will be the cause of the downfall of this country. I think it's time to put up a big fence around the Pale, long overdue.

I have a friend who lives in a fancy "Gated Community" he is always on about how secure it is.
    I ask him who is being protected from who, the usual reply Starts with F***...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

They've been told they have to stay there now for the duration of the restrictions.
    Hope they'll be able to enforce that.

They should be given a future court date and made pack the car and drive home. If they're made stay they'll soon run out of the weekend supply of shopping they bring with them and will be forced into the local shops, spreading whatever they picked up from another part of the country.

I think you should read the original post, the SUV and holiday homes were part of what the lady wrote about.
    You may have a "hang up" about SUV, mine is 40+ years old toy way before SUVs.
    Well you responded my rant (which is what it is) so success...

My hangup is people writing in CAPs. SUV was the only stand out because it has been used so often here. If you wish to repeat your comment without the CAPs feel free. In your head you think it was a success, fair play you enjoy your little win.

My hangup is people writing in CAPs. SUV was the only stand out because it has been used so often here. If you wish to repeat your comment without the CAPs feel free. In your head you think it was a success, fair play you enjoy your little win.

"doctors differ"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

AulWan wrote: »
    Maybe all the medical staff from Dublin who are travelling to Cavan to make sure the hospital remains staffed shouldn't travel either.

The state of this thread. Rubbish like this doesn't take into account that cavan hospital was acting as an overflow for the capital. It is in serious trouble now so is reliant on staff from Beaumont now. I would wager that a large percentage of hospital staff in both counties are not Irish nationals at all. Should take a break from being a narrow minded fool and try to open your mind a bit

"doctors differ"

Insightful as the rest of the nonsense you posted. Have a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Dial Hard wrote: »
    You'd swear Dubliners were the only people in the entire country who own holiday homes going by this thread.

The thread's long past any discussion. It's just catnip for two types of mentally disturbed people : those with a chip on their shoulder about Dubs and those with a propensity to lose their head in any crisis and search desperately for someone to vilify.

Objective evidence of an influx of restriction breaching urbanites to rural Ireland is non existent. Evidence of fake news on social media to stir up a panic on the issue is abundant. The data suggests that the restrictions are largely working in slowing the rate of infection.

If there was ever a thread that needed Aonghus Von Bismarck to chip in with some snooty put down of Connemara people and Dubs alike this is it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement