Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nissan Almera - how much for insurance? ‘o6

• 06-04-2020 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

I have a fully NCT’d Nissan Almera and the full ie 5 years’plus no claims bonus that they will allow. How much are others paying for their insurance - fully comp and with whom please. I can’t believe the eye watering quotes I am getting. I have No points/convictions etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your car is 14 years old and insurance companies just don't like old cars. Also there are alot of personal factors included in creating a quote so unless your twin has the exact same driving experience and lives at the same address then what others are paying makes little relevance to your price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

bazz26 wrote: »
    Your car is 14 years old and insurance companies just don't like old cars. Also there are alot of personal factors included in creating a quote so unless your twin has the exact same driving experience and lives at the same address then what others are paying makes little relevance to your price.

the key variables of no convictions, no penalty points, no claims, full no claims bonus up and beyond the industry max allowed, and a fully NCT’d Almera - should give enough of a playing field to get a fairly good indication, I would gave thought. Car not used for work purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭hi5

It's not the condition of the Almera that matters it's the value.
    If it's worth little then the insurance company will be of the opinion that you wont take care of it and increase your chances of being in an accident and cause personal injuries to yourself or someone else.
    I'm wondering if there's a drawn out recession in the coming years and people keep their cars longer will insurance companies adjust their thinking regards old cars, I doubt it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭chicorytip

the key variables of no convictions, no penalty points, no claims, full no claims bonus up and beyond the industry max allowed, and a fully NCT’d Almera - should give enough of a playing field to get a fairly good indication, I would gave thought. Car not used for work purposes.
    PM sent.

Advertisement