Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson out of hospital 12/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Twitter already full of disgusting remarks from corbynistas. They can't go a single day without letting themselves down. Hopefully he recovers fully and can continue to lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Twitter already full of disgusting remarks from corbynistas. They can't go a single day without letting themselves down. Hopefully he recovers fully and can continue to lead.

He wont be continuing now I don't think.

Raab presumably going to be taking over tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's a prick but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Not on a ventilator yet so that's a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Hopefully he's one of the ones that makes it through from ICU.

Whatever you think about the man and his politics, he & his girlfriend are expecting a baby.

It's be sad to see the baby not to know it's father....and mainly know of him from what's been posted online about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So much for his letting the virus run its course and only some economically unproductive members of society being impacted!

His decision to follow Cummins and some very poor science at the start of the Covid-19 outbreak are baring quite rotten fruit for many in the UK, himself included right now.

I don't wish ill on him, but he made some awfully poor decisions on this and indeed with his "hand-shaking" announcement shortly before the UK's policy 180, this could well be said to be Darwinism in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Any word on Dominic Cummings yet? He's a day or two behind Boris I think.....and most likely exposed to the same strain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

banie01 wrote: »
    So much for his letting the virus run its course and only some economically unproductive members of society being impacted!

His decision to follow Cummins and some very poor science at the start of the Covid-19 outbreak are baring quite rotten fruit for many in the UK, himself included right now.

I don't wish ill on him, but he made some awfully poor decisions on this and indeed with his "hand-shaking" announcement shortly before the UK's policy 180, this could well be said to be Darwinism in action.

Nasty and unnecessary comment tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

Of note, Russian state TV said Johnson was on a ventilator earlier today and that was rubbished by Downing as disinformation. Was that based on actual information by Russia or an attempt to preempt and have the UK deny (to discredit them)?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nasty and unnecessary comment tbh.

In fairness, nasty and unnecessary was how the Tory hierarchy viewed a swathe of their pensioner's until the IC study was rammed home to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

He's a prick but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Not on a ventilator yet so that's a good sign.

where has it been confirmed that he is not on a ventilator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1247241454403162112

His condition has worsened suffering from novel coronavirus.

Best wishes to him.

I disagree with him on everything but it's sad to see this.

Politically I have zero respect for this man, as a him though I hope he recovers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

This is so surreal. If Johnson doesn't survive, the UK is going to collectively lose their minds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nasty thread

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This is so surreal. If Johnson doesn't survive, the UK is going to collectively lose their minds.

Or it could unite a country behind a cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Happy4all wrote: »
    where has it been confirmed that he is not on a ventilator?

This is what the Tories are spinning anyway:

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1247246185926135809

With ICU beds in such short supply, I don't believe for one second that they've moved him to ICU so that he can be 'near' a ventilator, 'just in case'.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭hurikane

Nasty thread

Nothing wrong with the thread. Small cohort of vile people is the problem.Best of luck to Boris, hopefully he can win this battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Nasty thread

There isn't one post here wishing his demise. Not one

Compare that to Daily Mail comment section today where an article on German testing attracts comments like 2 world wars and 1 world cup. Yet Germany is doing the UK testing for them.

After Hours isn't nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

This is what the Tories are spinning anyway:

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1247246185926135809

With ICU beds in such short supply, I don't believe for one second that they've moved him to ICU so that he can be 'near' a ventilator, 'just in case'.

Right or wrong I wouldn't be too surprised if they lowered the bar slightly for ICU admission for the Prime Minister.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Poor Boris but if he heeded lessons learned from wider Europe he may be in a different position.

Hopefully he recovers and hopefully Trump gets it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

If I were in a position where I was treating him, I'd look at him and think "overweight, alchol abuser, responsible for the hospitals being overburdened and left us underfunded, understaffed and under-resourced in the face of this crisis."

I'm not sure how I'd act in the face of this. I'd like to think that I'd give him my best. If it were between him and somebody more deserving, there would be no question that I waste my time to save him over another healthier person just because he's famous. Isn't it lucky for him I'm not involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

banie01 wrote: »

Sweden are still plugging away at it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Not to be glib...But Johnson bragged about shaking hands of CoVid-19 patients a few weeks back.

Hopefully Johnson being moved to ICU will get some folks to start taking this serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

daheff wrote: »
    Hopefully he's one of the ones that makes it through from ICU.

Whatever you think about the man and his politics, he & his girlfriend are expecting a baby.

It's be sad to see the baby not to know it's father....and mainly know of him from what's been posted online about him.

Is the girlfriend sick too? Wish them all the best, good recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

s1ippy wrote: »
    If I were in a position where I was treating him, I'd look at him and think "overweight, alchol abuser, responsible for the hospitals being overburdened and left us underfunded, understaffed and under-resourced in the face of this crisis."

I'm not sure how I'd act in the face of this. I'd like to think that I'd give him my best. If it were him and somebody more deserving, there would be no question that I waste my time to save him over another. Isn't it lucky for him I'm not involved.

You wouldn't be a nurse or front line doctor if you thought like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

has there been any high profile casualties of the virus yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

has there been any high profile casualties of the virus yet?

Daily life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Doctor on sky said it best, you don't get a bed in an ICU as a precaution for something that might happen to you, I think they're clearly watering down his condition, this is very serious.

Hope he comes out the other end okay.

I think Boris' actual condition is lagging behind the media release.

I've thought that from when he was admitted for tests.

Have to be honest, I was one of the ones that had a laugh-out-loud moment when they announced on the news that he had gotten it. I just thought it was funny the way the reporters said it.

I also had a row with someone on here over it, as I was staunchly of the opinion that Boris is in the 'mild symptoms and no more' camp. Very surprised to see he is now going to ICU. I do wonder is much of this a bit of an over-the-top precaution, as he is the Prime Minister and they want to make sure they keep an eye on him. (ie i wonder is he actually in need of ICU or is it just being extra-careful on the part of the NHS).

Wish him the best either way. Wouldn't be a fan of his, and genuinely thought by now he'd have bounced back and be giving 'we can overcome this' speeches. Very surprised. Hope things pick up for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

s1ippy wrote: »

I'm not sure how I'd act in the face of this. I'd like to think that I'd give him my best. If it were him and somebody more deserving, there would be no question that I waste my time to save him over another. Isn't it lucky for him I'm not involved.

Not luck. You wouldn´t get such a job with that attitude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement