Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson out of hospital 12/04

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Best of luck to him, hopefully he pulls through.

Always seemed like a decent enough chap, irrespective of his political persuasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Wouldn't have been a fan of his policy, good character all the same. Can't believe how low people stoop on Twitter etc.

Hoping he pulls through!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

lawred2 wrote: »
    My sister is in London. She does not agree with this claim.

London is quite big.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,196 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Always seemed like a decent enough chap, irrespective of his political persuasions.

Said absolutely nobody. Come on now. Let's wish him well but lets not make sh1t up just because he's sick. There are things tht are both good and true that you could say about him but even people who vote for him know he's not a decent chap. There's never been a partner, wife or political leader who he hasn't stabbed in the back.

I wish him well but let's keep the thing based in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

AmberGold wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been a fan of his policy, good character all the same. Can't believe how low people stoop on Twitter etc.

Hoping he pulls through!

The mans a convicted liar and he's pushing his country over a cliff, I don't thing a good character would be how best to describe him. But saying that I wouldn't wish him to pass due to CV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Gerry T wrote: »
    The mans a convicted liar and he's pushing his country over a cliff, I don't thing a good character would be how best to describe him. But saying that I wouldn't wish him to pass due to CV.

He’s a good character but he’s not of good character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Yeah I'd wish him well but a clap for Boris is a step too far for me. Unless they put aside a day to clap for every single individual who has the disease, then I'd just leave it at wishing him well.

Thinking was a throw away comment.

Lies and politics go hand in hand, the majority in the UK made the decision to go over the cliff.

This!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

• Advertisement

Thinking was a throw away comment.

It's trending on twitter. Not sure if it is being taken seriously or not. I'll ask some friends in the North East and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ah, le mot juste!

Still wish him and everyone else fighting this fcker of a virus well.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Michael Gove self-isolating now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Lies and politics go hand in hand, the majority in the UK made the decision to go over the cliff.

Nope, a minority of the UK decided to go over a cliff whilst the majority who didn't want to go over the cliff couldn't decide which alternative non-cliff facing direction was the best to go in so all tried to go in different directions and instead ended up getting dragged off the cliff with the minority of lemmings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Convicted liar? Really? Don't think so. In comparison to our erstwhle leader Bertie Ahern he's in the tupenny place

splinter65 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope someone as deranged and psychotic as yourself never ever is given any kind of position in the caring profession. I dread to think what you would be like even minding a pet...
    And to cast those aspersions on medical staff?....ugh

I hear that Harold Shipman was a lovely chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭quokula

That's a complete nonsense, most politicians are decent genuine people trying their best. I hope he has a speedy recovery, but let's not try to whitewash his appalling record or reduce others down to his level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

robinph wrote: »
    Nope, a minority of the UK decided to go over a cliff whilst the majority who didn't want to go over the cliff couldn't decide which alternative non-cliff facing direction was the best to go in so all tried to go in different directions and instead ended up getting dragged off the cliff with the minority of lemmings.

Nah, that's a load of convoluted nonsense tbh...

Majority voted for Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Convicted liar? Really? Don't think so. In comparison to our erstwhle leader Bertie Ahern he's in the tupenny place

I think you are completely wrong, He made a career out of printing lies for decades about the EU making money out of newspapers. Literally lies for payment.

He then had someone beaten up. And you think thats good character...

Seems you dont bother with research even an ounce of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

easypazz wrote: »
    They had been preparing a bed for him since last Thursday, which was also the last time he was seen in public. This deterioration is not as sudden as people are being led to believe.

I think there has been reports of people feeling "better" and then taking a turn though. Not saying that's what happened in Boris' case. But many people have actually experienced a fairly rapid decline after feeling they were on the path to recovery. One I know is in ICU currently, after feeling he was through the worst of it and on the mend. Although he has two underlying conditions so his case is complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Whatever about what way they left the EU, majority wanted out, 17,410,742 voted to leave and 16,141,241 voted to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mcginty28

Gerry T wrote:

Maybe not a bad thing for him to experience what many of his fellow countrymen are experiencing. He & his govt handled things very badly early on & his lack of proper leadership will have caused more people to suffer than necessary. Although I wouldnt wish death, it may be good for him to see close up the great work of frontline care workers many of whom are immigrants. I wonder if this crisis had happened pre brexit would the vote still have been to leave. Anyway hopefully this experience will make Mr Johnson a little more humble in future, if only Donald shook as many hands , it would probably make the world a better place!!

Best of luck to him, hopefully he pulls through.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/journalist-stuart-collier-boris-johnson-phone-call-darius-guppy-demands-apology

"Decent" chap.
    In 1990, Johnson was secretly recorded agreeing to provide the address of the News of the World reporter Stuart Collier to his friend Darius Guppy, who wanted to arrange for the journalist to have his ribs cracked as revenge for investigating his activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Whatever about what way they left the EU, majority wanted out, 17,410,742 voted to leave and 16,141,241 voted to stay.

I think his point is, only a minority of the 17,410,742 wanted to leave in the most damaging way possible, over the cliff.

Nate

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The majority of people who happened to cast a vote four years ago does not equal "the majority in the UK made the decision to go over the cliff."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭threeball

The majority of people who happened to cast a vote four years ago does not equal "the majority in the UK made the decision to go over the cliff."

Yet they doubled down by returning the Tories in a massive majority. Either they wanted to go over or they're petty stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

listermint wrote: »
    I think you are completely wrong, He made a career out of printing lies for decades about the EU making money out of newspapers. Literally lies for payment.

He then had someone beaten up. And you think thats good character...

Seems you dont bother with research even an ounce of it

Yes indeed, point to me where he's been convicted of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

So the rest didn't care enough. Same as the last election. Or did the Pro European parties do better than I remember?

Stupid decision but that's the one they chose.

And I've continued off topic, apologies.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

It used to be the ha'penny place. Inflation gone mad during the lock down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭quokula

threeball wrote: »
    Yet they doubled down by returning the Tories in a massive majority. Either they wanted to go over or they're petty stupid

The majority of voters in that election voted against the Tories and voted for parties who were against a hard Brexit. It's a prime example of why FPTP is not fit for purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement