Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson out of hospital 12/04

Options

Comments

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1247241454403162112

His condition has worsened suffering from novel coronavirus.

Best wishes to him.

I disagree with him on everything but it's sad to see this.

Why? He is a buffoon that looks down his nose at mere mortals and downplayed the outbreak at the start. He was arrogant and dismissive and by doing so, made the situation worse and put uk lives in danger.

I don't wish death upon him but by the same token it's hard to have much sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lesnar Defender

I agree with his political views and hope he gets through this. Thinking of his pregnant fiance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭CoBo55

s1ippy wrote: »
    If I were in a position where I was treating him, I'd look at him and think "overweight, alchol abuser, responsible for the hospitals being overburdened and left us underfunded, understaffed and under-resourced in the face of this crisis."

I'm not sure how I'd act in the face of this. I'd like to think that I'd give him my best. If it were him and somebody more deserving, there would be no question that I waste my time to save him over another. Isn't it lucky for him I'm not involved.

That's a dreadful post. I can't believe anyone would write something so childish. Keeping someone alive is the overriding priority for everyone who works in ICU, or any other part of the health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think the UK will be waking up to very bad news in the morning

Hopefully for their sake it doesn't happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

fash wrote: »
    Of note, Russian state TV said Johnson was on a ventilator earlier today and that was rubbished by Downing as disinformation. Was that based on actual information by Russia or an attempt to preempt and have the UK deny (to discredit them)?

I believe this could well be the case. I think the media are couple of steps behind the whole time. Seems an element of crisis management going on not to panic the nation.

Raab said today when speaking to media he had not spoken to Boris since Saturday. Make of that what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did Rabb say in the press conference that he hadn't spoken to Johnson since saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I hope his Dad Stanley didn't get it if he was around Boris lately.

Lovely man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is Boris a smoker? I know he has puffed cigars but does he smoke full time?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Have no time for him but hope he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

CoBo55 wrote: »
    That's a dreadful post. I can't believe anyone would write something so childish. Keeping someone alive is the overriding priority for everyone who works in ICU, or any other part of the health service.

Yep, you meet people far, far worse than a politician you don't agree with, and treat everyone as well as you possibly can.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I think he's a very well educated man and a good PM.
    He's sick, therefore he needs looking after.
    why anyone would wish the man ill is pathetic. He's just doing a job, and in the middle of this disaster, trying to do it as best he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

has there been any high profile casualties of the virus yet?
    just had a look, none that would be household names
    https://nypost.com/list/celebrity-deaths-from-coronavirus-and-covid-19-complications/

Lee Fierro, best-known as Alex Kintner’s mom in Steven Spielberg’s 1975 shark attack classic “Jaws,” died from COVID-19. She was 91.

In her iconic scene from “Jaws,” an enraged Fierro confronts Chief Brody (Roy Scheider) and slaps him in the face.

“I just found out that a girl got killed here last week and you knew, you knew there was a shark out there. You knew it was dangerous, but you let people go swimming anyway,” her character says, sobbing. “You knew all those things and still my boy is dead now, and there’s nothing you can do about it. My boy is dead.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

So,e earlier om the day were smelling a rat when Dominic Raab said he hadn't spoken to Johnson since yesterday - you cant believe anything that's being officially released!

Statistically, he should be OK in the end.
    You can be sure that hospital have their best in his case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pep Guardiola's mother would probably fall into this category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I think the UK will be waking up to very bad news in the morning

Hopefully for their sake it doesn't happen

I hope not, for the sake of the human being hidden behind the cartoon character facade.

But going by the apparently dishonest way the Tories have been spinning things so far, I would expect the announcement to be something along the lines of "On the advice of his medical team, the Prime Minister has been embalmed, just in case".

Cold blooded. If the Swedish PM goes the same way, you'll feel the same way?

Yes, why not? You want me to cry over people that belittled the situation and made the situation worse as a result of arrogance in office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I read somewhere today that, of all Covid-19 patients admitted to an ICU, approx 40% die there of it. I think it was an Irish article, but presumably UK statistics are similar.

Hope he pulls through. I don't like the guy, but wouldn't wish a death like that on anyone. I really feel for his partner with a child on the way, hopefully she won't come down with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Lest anyone get dizzy with schadenfreude in relation to Boris and the hospital handshake -

Sean O'Rourke played that Boris soundbite this morning while in conversation with Kevin Maguire, who said in response that it was not actually true that there were any coronavirus patients in that hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

Twitter already full of disgusting remarks from corbynistas. They can't go a single day without letting themselves down. Hopefully he recovers fully and can continue to lead.

The far left have become so utterly vile. They're so extreme.

I've got one in my family and he's been getting worse and worse over the recent years since Corbyn came on the scene.

Right now he'll be saying something like "serves him right, the Tories killed MILLIONS with austerity"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

You wouldn't be a nurse or front line doctor if you thought like this.
    You can't know the psychological state of the frontline staff any more than I can. I'm just saying that the feelings I have towards him are as legitimate as the next person's. Maybe one of his unclaimed children will end up treating him. Perhaps the staggering austerity caused by him or the other Tories will have tipped some ordinarily unflappable staff over the edge at this particular juncture. Have you seen some of the medical staff interviewed for the news segments when he was canvassing last year?

Now imagine you're inflamed even further because he was going around bragging that he was shaking hands last week and promoting a cull of the elderly, which has led to you and your colleagues lives being at risk.

I'm no more a doctor or nurse than I am a ferrari driver and for good reason, I'd crack under the pressure. But so would anyone when they're pushed far enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jaysus, ignoring his politics, he's a father and has a partner and another child on the way (she needs to be tested if she hasn't already been) and if he dies, people are losing a father, partner, brother, son.

The cynical part of me wonders whether there's a bit of sympathy spin going on, but if that ever came out he'd be finished, and I hope no doctors would play along either, so it must be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bushmaster64

I read somewhere today that, of all Covid-19 patients admitted to an ICU, approx 40% die there of it. I think it was an Irish article, but presumably UK statistics are similar.

Hope he pulls through. I don't like the guy, but wouldn't wish a death like that on anyone. I really feel for his partner with a child on the way, hopefully she won't come down with it too.

I think that's a percentage of those who end up on a ventilator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Nasty thread

This crisis is showing up people’s true colours. You can see it here day in and day out. It’s very depressing. Lots of cnuts out there, and in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

All I can think of saying is that I hope he recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

She has already recovered from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I hope his Dad Stanley didn't get it if he was around Boris lately.

Lovely man.
    Lovely man who said he wasn't going to adhere to social distancing even after his son's government recommended it.

Rich, entitled, stupid attitude and endangered many lives by voicing his rubbish on the airwaves.
    just had a look, none that would be household names

Stade Reims Club Doctor committed suicide after testing positive while self-isolating with his wife.

Not a household name but a high-profile and a very sad situation, esp where everyone said they wouldn't be paying attention to the suicide note. I think that's utter disrespect to the man who took his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

osarusan wrote: »
    Jaysus, ignoring his politics, he's a father and has a partner and another child on the way (she needs to be tested if she hasn't already been) and if he dies, people are losing a father, partner, son, etc.

The cynical part of me wonders whether there's a bit of sympathy spin going on, but if that ever came out he'd be finished, and I hope no doctors would play along either, so it must be serious.

She’s tested positive too, over a week ago. She’s isolating out in Chequers. I’m a boardsie here for around 9 years in different guises and I love it. But some posts across the corona forum in the last fortnight have turned my stomach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

This is so surreal. If Johnson doesn't survive, the UK is going to collectively lose their minds.

Never mind the UK. The man is only 55 afaik, no underlying health conditions that we know of, best of health care.................

If he succumbs and hopefully he won't, feck all hope for many everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement