Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson out of hospital 12/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Come on Boris! Keep up the good fight.

Europe would be further in turmoil if the unthinkable happened so on a personal and societal level he needs to pull through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Stalin was a father also but I'm sure many while lamenting the loss of other people's father's were happy at his death. I see no hypocrisy, Castro was directly responsible for many deaths by design.

I suppose if you plumb the depths you can come up with a justification for anything despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

no.8 wrote: »
      Come on Boris! Keep up the good fight.

Europe would be further in turmoil if the unthinkable happened so on a personal and societal level he needs to pull through!

Boris has worked 3 yrs to bring Europe to turmoil, he's even passed a law to prevent the UK looking for another extension.
      The good fight could be him getting a future trade deal, that's very unlikely as he had to lie to the UK people to get out, that won't work with the EU, he's a simple bumbling embarrassment.
      But if it's his fight where doctors & nurses look after him, will if he does get through that then that's ok.

1. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Stalin was a father also but I'm sure many while lamenting the loss of other people's father's were happy at his death. I see no hypocrisy, Castro was directly responsible for many deaths by design.

So her parameters are selectively applied - I see.

Were Cuban's happy at the death of Fidel Castro? The hundreds of thousands of people who attended his funeral certainly weren't - nor the governments of the many countries who sent official representatives (including the UK's Tory government).

2. Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Tea Shock wrote: »
      So her parameters are selectively applied - I see.

Were Cuban's happy at the death of Fidel Castro? The hundreds of thousands of people who attended his funeral certainly weren't - nor the governments of the many countries who sent official representatives (including the UK's Tory government).

Whoosh.....

3. Advertisement
    4. Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Now back out of Intensive Care and back in a "normal" ward (well I presume a room with armed guards on-hand)

Looks like he's out of danger

5. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Beasty wrote: »
      Now back out of Intensive Care and back in a "normal" ward (well I presume a room with armed guards on-hand)

This is obviously good news for him and his family and girlfriend on a personal level. Hopefully he now fully realizes the stupidity of his government`s herd immunity policy.

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Thanks be to God, I'm delighted.

Don't care what people think of him, but no nation needs to lose a leader in a crisis, public morale needs to kept up

7. Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Good news about Boris. Happy to hear it. Hopefully he keeps improving.

8. Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hopefully this has changed his perspective on certain things

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Good news but now if only those armed guards could protect against the Corona terrorist...

11. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

MadYaker wrote: »
      Hopefully this has changed his perspective on certain things

If he is back in a normal ward and his recovery continues presumably we will hear from him soon enough.

12. Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Don't care what people think of him, but no nation needs to lose a leader in a crisis, public morale needs to kept up

Good news about the pm. Though I'd say there's a good sized number of people across the Atlantic, and likely even beyond, that might find quibble with that sentiment.

13. Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

This is obviously good news for him and his family and girlfriend on a personal level. Hopefully he now fully realizes the stupidity of his government`s herd immunity policy.

I’m sure he’ll be back to his belligerent self soon enough, with an even stiffer lip than usual.

14. Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

That’s great news! I was honestly worried.

15. Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Supercell wrote: »
      My father, after personally witnessing an old friend of his suffer for weeks with countless attempts to keep him going because his wife and daughters wouldn't let him pass has asked me to let the hospital know when the times comes that his wishes are DNR.
      He has written a letter to that extent and shared it with the rest of the family so everyone will respect this. Its going to be a tough thing to do should it come to that but I will respect his wishes.

Personally I wish hospitals had more choice in this when they see that all it is doing is prolonging suffering for the patient and ultimately the family too.

A really nail on the head post. Hopefully it is many years off.

16. Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Jizique

He was never in danger - it was just a ruse to kept the worst of the news off the front pages; we have had two full days of the BBC and the press eulogizing his bravery while largely ignoring the total deaths; if he was truly bad enough for ICU he wouldn’t be out yet.
      Classic Dom - the public are being played again

17. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Good news about the pm. Though I'd say there's a good sized number of people across the Atlantic, and likely even beyond, that might find quibble with that sentiment.

Frankly no matter what you think of Trump if he died or went into ICU anyone expressing delight or hoping he would die is a far bigger scumbag than he could be every be

18. Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Jizique wrote: »
      He was never in danger - it was just a ruse to kept the worst of the news off the front pages; we have had two full days of the BBC and the press eulogizing his bravery while largely ignoring the total deaths; if he was truly bad enough for ICU he wouldn’t be out yet.

Classic Dom getting him into one of the best hospitals in the country and conning all the staff there...

19. Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The Atlantic? With him as PM his party won an 85 seat majority. If he’s so unpopular then how do you think that happened?

20. Advertisement
    21. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭theological

splinter65 wrote: »
      The Atlantic? With him as PM his party won an 85 seat majority. If he’s so unpopular then how do you think that happened?

By people voting Tory in huge numbers in December I guess. Myself included. But that's wrongthink on here I think.

22. Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

Jizique wrote: »

Classic Dom all right. He probably has a secret vaccine only for Boris.

23. Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Frankly no matter what you think of Trump if he died or went into ICU anyone expressing delight or hoping he would die is a far bigger scumbag than he could be every be

They'd have every right to feel a little conflicted about it, i know i would anyway. The guy is to my mind personally responsible for at least 100s, and ultimately, 1000s of unnecessary deaths of his citizens. Him being out of commission, for whatever reason, would be a positive thing for America imo. Pence would at least offer a modicum of sanity, god help us.

24. Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

splinter65 wrote: »
      The Atlantic?

>no nation needs to lose a leader in a crisis,

>there's a good sized number of people across the Atlantic that might find quibble with that sentiment.

25. Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Let's call it a draw.

26. Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I'm glad he's ok, he's a human being, but:

Tinfoil Hat Time - does any of this strike anyone as a bit off? That his condition was vastly exaggerated?

Downing Street have had some of the best spin doctors in the history of Public Relations. I just wouldn't put anything past them (or indeed Washington's PR people)

27. Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Tinfoil Hat Time - does any of this strike anyone as a bit off? That his condition was vastly exaggerated?

Downing Street have had some of the best spin doctors in the history of Public Relations. I just wouldn't put anything past them (or indeed Washington's PR people)

He's a prime minister. Of course he'll get VIP treatment. So would Leo, Micheal or Mary Lou or whoever winds up running our ship. However a hospital full of medical professionals have better things to be doing than running spin for Downing Street. They'd sooner out it to the press if a stunt was even suggested. And people get discharged from ICU all the time. A smaller figure die in them.

The man was visibly ill over the last couple of weeks (same as Tubridy last time we saw him).

28. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

They'd have every right to feel a little conflicted about it, i know i would anyway. The guy is to my mind personally responsible for at least 100s, and ultimately, 1000s of unnecessary deaths of his citizens. Him being out of commission, for whatever reason, would be a positive thing for America imo. Pence would at least offer a modicum of sanity, god help us.

Do you feel the same way about Boris, various members of the Italian and Spanish government's? The Swedish and Dutch PMs?

29. Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

ShineOn7 wrote: »

And the entire huge staff of St Thomases Hospital, the London ambulance service and no. 10 are all in on this conspiracy of course and none of them will ever, ever spill the beans lest they be assassinated on the way to work some day...

30. Advertisement
    31. Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Do you feel the same way about Boris, various members of the Italian and Spanish government's? The Swedish and Dutch PMs?

No i dont. Many of them made bad mistakes and were out of their depth, like johnson, but none were as wilfully negligent and malicious about it as trump was. He had more warning than almost everyone and leads the biggest world economy, yet he still fluffed it through his lack of empathy or care about anything othet than his bank balance and tv ratings. He is on a scale of evil all his own.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement