Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson out of hospital 12/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

48 hours ago fingers were being pointed at Downing Street for downplaying the severity of Boris' health the past week as he enters ICU.

48 hours later fingers are pointed at Downing Street for over stating the severity of Boris' health the past week as he exits ICU.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of how things are being run there at the moment but I have to admit, sometimes you can't win no matter what you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

S.M.B. wrote: »
    48 hours ago fingers were being pointed at Downing Street for downplaying the severity of Boris' health the past week as he enters ICU.

48 hours later fingers are pointed at Downing Street for over stating the severity of Boris' health the past week as he exits ICU.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of how things are being run there at the moment but I have to admit, sometimes you can't win no matter what you do.

didn't require a ventilator, hope he didn't deny someone in true need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Jizique

He's a prime minister. Of course he'll get VIP treatment. So would Leo, Micheal or Mary Lou or whoever winds up running our ship. However a hospital full of medical professionals have better things to be doing than running spin for Downing Street. They'd sooner out it to the press if a stunt was even suggested. And people get discharged from ICU all the time. A smaller figure die in them.

The man was visibly ill over the last couple of weeks (same as Tubridy last time we saw him).

I didn’t say he wasn’t ill and Tubs didn’t end up in ICU for 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

Do you feel the same way about Boris, various members of the Italian and Spanish government's? The Swedish and Dutch PMs?

Neh .... One scumbag at a time

splinter65 wrote: »
    And the entire huge staff of St Thomases Hospital, the London ambulance service and no. 10 are all in on this conspiracy of course and none of them will ever, ever spill the beans lest they be assassinated on the way to work some day...

Relax, he was ill and is the PM so if course he will get into ICU if he has any shortness of breath. Put that with overweight, class A drug use, stress etc. Doesn’t mean he was ever in any real danger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Whoosh.....

I think that applies to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Happy4all wrote: »
    He didn't, I hope so too, but thank f**k the leader of the country I live in doesn't look like he'll die in the midst of a national and global crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

He didn't, I hope so too, but thank f**k the leader of the country I live in doesn't look like he'll die in the midst of a national and global crisis

true, Leo looks like he looks after his personal health.

Of course he didn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

true, Leo looks like he looks after his personal health.

Probably started to look after himself when he was told he had the metabolic age of 51.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Is leo treating patients now? Won't he be at more risk?

You know something i can't understand.... spending six years in medical school and then becoming a politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Rufeo wrote: »

He's doing one shift a week answering the phones. You'd swear he was charging into the wards full Florence Nightingale the way some were going on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Tea Shock wrote: »
    The hypocrisy of some people knows no bounds.

Brewer.jpg

Is your point that BJ is of the ilk of Castro? Hitler too perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Gerry T wrote: »

Boris has worked 3 yrs to bring Europe to turmoil, he's even passed a law to prevent the UK looking for another extension.
      The good fight could be him getting a future trade deal, that's very unlikely as he had to lie to the UK people to get out, that won't work with the EU, he's a simple bumbling embarrassment.
      But if it's his fight where doctors & nurses look after him, will if he does get through that then that's ok.

I thought it was his own country he was supposed to be bringing to turmoil, not Europe.

1. Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

AllForIt wrote: »
      Is your point that BJ is of the ilk of Castro? Hitler too perhaps.

Whoosh!

2. Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sorry I’m confused. If he didn’t require a ventilator, and didn’t get a ventilator then how could he have denied one to someone who needed a ventilator?
      I mean I see that a lot of sad people are upset that he’s not dead but you do see this is a bit ludicrous?

3. Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This is obviously good news for him and his family and girlfriend on a personal level. Hopefully he now fully realizes the stupidity of his government`s herd immunity policy.

I doubt it. Hubris doesn't shake easily

4. Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

fits wrote: »
      Im not sure how to embed tweets but thought this was relevant from Alistair Campbell. Asking media to stop endless speculation about Johnson and focus on the other important things.

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1247761596547387392?s=20

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/1247761600108318726?s=20

Campbell is the one that is given far too much attention. Never understood why he's given so much air time, I don't find him particularly insightful or ever has anything worthwhile listening too. Ironically, it's Blair I'd rather listen to, one of the few Labour politicians worth listening to, but the media seem to shy away from him.

5. Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm glad he is out. Whatever I might think of Johnson, Raab too close to power is just marginally better than Priti Patel becoming pm.

6. Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Panrich wrote: »
      Whoosh!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whoosh

No, it is you that doesn't get my point.

7. Advertisement
    8. Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

meeeeh wrote: »
      I'm glad he is out. Whatever I might think of Johnson, Raab too close to power is just marginally better than Priti Patel becoming pm.

Thanks for letting us know your order of preference in a party you'd prefer not to be in Gov at all.

9. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

He's doing one shift a week answering the phones. You'd swear he was charging into the wards full Florence Nightingale the way some were going on

He is doing a hell of a lot more than most are during this time. Credit where credit is due. And that's coming from someone who didn't vote for him or his party.

10. Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Rufeo wrote: »

You know something i can't understand.... spending six years in medical school and then becoming a politician.

Some just study medicine for the title Doctor, he makes great use out of that.

11. Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Some just study medicine for the title Doctor, he makes great use out of that.

Indeed. Hes a total opportunist, even by the standards of politicians.

Jumped on the gay rights bandwagon a week before the SSM referendum. big deal.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it emwrged that he has a wife and kids . I admit that is cynical but if so not as cynical as young Leo.

12. Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Campbell is the one that is given far too much attention. Never understood why he's given so much air time, I don't find him particularly insightful or ever has anything worthwhile listening too. Ironically, it's Blair I'd rather listen to, one of the few Labour politicians worth listening to, but the media seem to shy away from him.

Shy away from him?! Not sure what media you watch because the British media f*cking love Blair still. He gets asked his opinion on everything. Way, way more than any other previous Prime Minister. Campbell is an extension of Blair anyway, two cheeks of the same arse.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2020/03/15/0315-gps-tony-blair-on-how-to-handle-disease-outbreaks.cnn

https://youtu.be/t_4czsC3Vjs

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/6147340576001/Coronavirus-Tony-Blair-says-he-is-terrified-by-economic-impact

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

13. Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Gerry T

AllForIt wrote:
      I thought it was his own country he was supposed to be bringing to turmoil, not Europe.

In case you haven't noticed, the past 3yrs the uk has dominated eu politics, the quicker a future deal is struck the quicker the eu can get on with their business.
      The choices the uk has made will damage the EU, no one has said it wouldn't, just not as much as the self harm.

14. Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Thanks for letting us know your order of preference in a party you'd prefer not to be in Gov at all.

There is no need to thank me. Satisfaction of knowing that I'm improving your understanding is enough for me.

15. Registered Users Posts: 34,709 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pence would at least offer a modicum of sanity, god help us.

Pence is a fundamentalist religious nutcase. He reminds mie of Martin Sheen in The Dead Zone.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

16. Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Pence is a fundamentalist religious nutcase. He reminds mie of Martin Sheen in The Dead Zone.

Pence is reprehensible but i was speaking in relative terms.

17. Advertisement
    18. Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

tdf7187 wrote: »
      Indeed. Hes a total opportunist, even by the standards of politicians.

Jumped on the gay rights bandwagon a week before the SSM referendum. big deal.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it emwrged that he has a wife and kids . I admit that is cynical but if so not as cynical as young Leo.

There's a lot of valid reasons to criticise Leo Varadkar and this is not one of them.

He has a long term partner called Matt who often accompanies him at public events and who is a doctor on the frontlines of this crisis.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement