Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boris Johnson out of hospital 12/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

8-10 wrote: »
    He's been moved to ICU on a 'precaution' and doesn't need a ventilator.

I believe Joe public wouldn't have been moved just as a precaution and without needing help breathing given how ICU beds are at a premium in a pandemic.

I reckon, quite rightly, they can't have a situation where there's no bed or ventilator available for the head of the country so he's been moved earlier than a regular punter
    That's doesn't mean he's getting a better standard of nursing care to anyone else on that unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

s1ippy wrote: »
    An expert in Classical literature is an obvious choice for world leader.

It's not a disqualification at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭8-10

easypazz wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe its only a "precaution" at this stage?

That's what has been reported as his condition has reportedly worsened.

It's not unbelievable to me that if the PM's condition worsens, that they will take extra precautions including moving him earlier than they would a regular person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

KiKi III wrote: »
    I’d imagine he’s getting more time and attention than an average ICU patient. Probably having his vitals monitored more closely. I don’t really know what happens in an ICU but I am pretty sure that hospital will not want to be known as the one Boris Johnson died in. So I think he’ll probably be given top priority treatment.

Have you any particular reason to allege that professional medics will neglect one patient to give more attention to another? You do realise that that’s what your saying? I cannot believe the total lack of respect for hospital staff here on these threads. It’s disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

splinter65 wrote: »
    Why would you think that? You’re alleging that the medics aren’t working equally hard with all the patients. Why would you insult them like that?

Again, literally 5 minutes ago in this thread a consultant in the HSE suggested that PM Johnson would indeed be (correctly imo) getting special treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That's doesn't mean he's getting a better standard of nursing care to anyone else on that unit.

I didn't say he was getting better standard of care

I'm.saying that he's getting preferential treatment by being moved earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Pseudonym121

Him getting monitored more closely than others in ICU is not possible. Everyone in critical condition in ICU is already getting monitored as closely as possible. There is no additional/ extra level of monitoring.

This assumes that hospitals are continuing to be able to staff ICUS with both the number of staff and experience levels and mix of specialties they are normally able to.

I believe that you may find that those three assumptions are not being met in many hospitals throughout much of the UK.

Also the fourth assumption which would be required is that there is no way you could improve care by staffing an ICU bed beyond normal staffing levels/staff experience. Boris Johnson will have a whole bunch of Professors monitoring him, not a bunch of overtired bog standard Consultants. Even if the same NUMBERS were looking after him the quality and effect would be different. Sure his PR people will not wish to admit that but it absolutely will happen. That anyone would think differently surprises me.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭iwillyeah1234

I already did so. I said it would be a huge blow to the UK to lose their leader. And of course his family aswell. As a right winger can I ask you what turned you against Trump finally?

An enormous fixation on a foreign country that begins the letter I.
    What in Gods name does that have any relationship with his working class base in the mid-west?

And it’s not Ireland.

That’s when I turned. He’s a puppet. They have something on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

You know the poster you’re correcting is the doctor doing the coronavirus AMA here on Boards?

To be fair the only thing he said was "He should be getting preferential treatment"

With this statement I would agree. The population voted for this guy, he is special.

My argument is that no extra treatment can be given. I accept he would be given priority, but there is no extra treatment anyone can get no matter if you are Bill Gates.

Thus right now while hospitals aren't overflowing like in Italy or France everyone is pretty much getting the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

splinter65 wrote: »
    Have you any particular reason to allege that professional medics will neglect one patient to give more attention to another? You do realise that that’s what your saying? I cannot believe the total lack of respect for hospital staff here on these threads. It’s disgusting.

The doctor doing the coronavirus AMA has already confirmed that this is the case.

It’s also just human nature that if five of your patients are strangers and the sixth is the leader of your country, that’s the one you’ll pay most attention to.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    To be fair the only thing he said was "He should be getting preferential treatment"

With this statement I would agree. The population voted for this guy, he is special.

My argument is that no extra treatment can be given. I accept he would be given priority, but there is no extra treatment anyone can get no matter if you are Bill Gates.

Please bear in mind - Britain is a monarchy. They aren’t a Republic. Their social interaction is very different to us - the British public would utterly demand pref treatment for the PM. There’s no problem here. All they want is for Boris to survive.

The doctor doing the coronavirus AMA has already confirmed that this is the case.

It’s also just human nature that if five of your patients are strangers and the sixth is the leader of your country, that’s the one you’ll pay most attention to.

Exactly. Human nature. It’s vicious. It’s hard. It’s just reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

What in Gods name does that have any relationship with his working class base in the mid-west?

And it’s not Ireland.

I didn't think that would be the reason, pretty much every US president has been strongly in league with that country. He never made any campaign promises to the contrary either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Boris isn't a normal patient. His loss if it happens, and touch wood he will fully recover, will not just be a personal loss to his family, it's the death of the PM. If course that is going to have a huge impact on the national psyche. Hopefully he will be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Twitter already full of disgusting remarks from corbynistas. They can't go a single day without letting themselves down. Hopefully he recovers fully and can continue to lead.

Can you tell me with an honest face that people wouldn't be saying awful things about Corbyn if it was him in ICU right now?

Him getting monitored more closely than others in ICU is not possible. Everyone in critical condition in ICU is already getting monitored as closely as possible. There is no additional/ extra level of monitoring.

I think the poster is saying he was moved to ICU for the increased monitoring probably when he is less obviously in need of that level as an insurance that he has immediate access to the care and equipment if required instead of having to wait for a bed to become available if his condition deteriorates, not that he would be monitored more closely than other patients on ICU. They must feel that a deterioration is likely, having said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Exactly. Human nature. It’s vicious. It’s hard. It’s just reality.

The trolley problem is not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

****, I feel very guilty now as I initially laughed at the thought of him getting it. Get well soon Boris.

🙈🙉🙊

eviltwin wrote: »
    Boris isn't a normal patient. His loss if it happens, and touch wood he will fully recover, will not just be a personal loss to his family, it's the death of the PM. If course that is going to have a huge impact on the national psyche. Hopefully he will be okay.

he's also a tabloid superstar, combine that with being PM and you would see an outpouring of public grief not seen since Diana

I didn't think that would be the reason, pretty much every US president has been strongly in league with that country. He never made any campaign promises to the contrary either.

Eisenhower and the Kennedys both come to mind. And Nixon.

Really only started with Reagan and the evangelicals.

Can’t say any more. I’ll get banned. There’s a rich seam of American history to mine.

Start with Henry Ford and go on from that time period. Your mind will genuinely be blown. Trump is definitely not in the Kennedy camp. He’s probably too stupid to even realise it.

• Advertisement

And it’s not Ireland.

Can you clarify; are you admitting to being a right wing, anti-Semitic, conspiracy theorist?

Bravo

I’d imagine he’s getting more time and attention than an average ICU patient. Probably having his vitals monitored more closely. I don’t really know what happens in an ICU

All patients are monitored constantly with one to one care on ICU at all times. That's the point of ICU. So no, you don't know what happens on ICU.

Please bear in mind - Britain is a monarchy. They aren’t a Republic. Their social interaction is very different to us - the British public would utterly demand pref treatment for the PM. There’s no problem here. All they want is for Boris to survive.

Do you really think the if Leo or Michael D were unfortunate enough to end up in hospital they would be stuck on a trolley in Beaumont?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

I would imagine No 10 would have at least one private Dr and a few consultants on the payroll that may well be in there with Boris and ensuring the hospitals staff are on their toes.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Can you tell me with an honest face that people wouldn't be saying awful things about Corbyn if it was him in ICU right now?

Some people would. And those people would also be arseholes. But the majority of ****e on twitter is left hatred towards right. The right have their arseholes too, but it is not as prevalent or as widely accepted.

he's also a tabloid superstar, combine that with being PM and you would see an outpouring of public grief not seen since Diana

He broke the “red wall” of Labour up north.

Seats that had been Labour for 100 years switching to Tory.

By any measurement , that’s an astonishing electoral victory.

Aegir wrote: »
    Do you really think the if Leo or Michael D were unfortunate enough to end up in hospital they would be stuck on a trolley in Beaumont?

Leo would rough it fine but definitely not poor Mickey D, he'd want velvet cushions and nice classical music in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

i spent every day for 2 weeks visiting a sibling in icu willing them to pull through(they did). nobody is in there for precautionary purposes and i don't see how anybody gets special attention. there is one to one care in that unit. all i say is that you become very aware of your mortality when you see people in there and all you hope for in the world is that the person you're visiting will pull through. i wish boris the very best and i really feel for his family and girlfriend at this time. it's a horrific time that stays with you very long after the event. your entire view of the world changes when you've been that close to someone who has been in that unit. if boris recovers he'll also be a changed man.

Lets not bury the man just yet

I dislike most of what he stands for,but i hope he makes a recovery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Aegir wrote: »

Why not. The tax payers who pay their high wages are !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement