Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office chair that delivers

Options
  • 06-04-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

My back is broken from sitting on our kitchen chairs all day. Any recommendations for a < 100e office chair from somewhere that delivers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Viking direct - free delivery for orders over €75 ex vat. I think its around a fiver if under that for the Dublin area. Good selection of chairs

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dubal2008

Amazon delivers from the UK, only took 3 days for one to arrive here along with a desk and a monitor....great service

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

dubal2008 wrote: »
    Amazon delivers from the UK, only took 3 days for one to arrive here along with a desk and a monitor....great service

What chair did you get? I think I'm suffering from a bit of decision paralysis with there being so much choice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bought one of these
    https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/operator-chair-task-p-7394756

mainly as its weight limit is quite high - we used them as our main office chairs as well

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dubal2008

We got a white leather type one, did not look great in the picture but it is so comfortable and a white desk to match.
    it's a thin back on it which does not look like much padding but its great as I have a bad back for a good few years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kenneth2

Are Viking still delivering ? Phoneline doesn't seem to work, and no chat available.
    Maybe they are closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Hunt office https://www.huntoffice.ie/ are still delivering as well if you want to support Irish.

Delivery was 4 business days for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I bought one from https://www.theofficecentre.ie/office-chairs before and still have it (13 years later!).

It looks like this might be the one I got - https://www.theofficecentre.ie/first-high-back-operators-chair-charcoal-with-adjustable-arms-kf839244--5. As I said 13 years using it and find it very comforable.

Personally I wouldn't opt for the cheapest chair out there if you're going to be using it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Was coming on here to ask the same thing. Any other suggestions?

I'm thinking this one
    https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/niceday-ness-mesh-office-chair-in-black-p-7044592

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

+1 for Viking, ordered a chair off them after IKEA let me down at lunchtime on a Thursday, said they couldn't guarantee next day delivery but delivered Friday evening. That was about 2 weeks ago.

Also ordered a desk off Aline Office Furniture that Sunday afternoon.
    Realised at midday Monday I didn't have any indication of delivery timeframe, was on their website looking for a contact number when they rang to say they were outside.
    Looks like they do chairs too

Very impressed with the delivery service from both of them, think Viking cost €6 and Aline a tenner for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just quick bump on the Viking chairs - if it says "self assembly" does that mean I have to build the chair myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just quick bump on the Viking chairs - if it says "self assembly" does that mean I have to build the chair myself?

yes, it is very easy. I got it next day delivered from Vikingdirect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I ordered this last Monday at 12.15 - it was outside my door at 9am next day

Took me 20 mins to put it together - really simple.

No one would be fooled it was leather ! but its comfortable and by far the cheapest I found . I doubt any of the others would be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Oonagh123

I placed an order with IKEA in March for a chair, was due to be delivered this week but I received a message to let me know it was delayed for 6 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ikea are a joke, I had something similar happen as the above poster had, used Viking today which I should of done in the first place and hoping to have the chair by Friday.

IKEA are a nightmare. Waited 8 days for delivery. then after reconfirming my delivery the night before they cancelled delivery on the day. Between text message, website order status, emails, and customer service I got about 8 different updates on whether they were delivering anything. Ultimately got told I was getting a refund, money went back on the card, then they texted me a week later asking me to ring about a refund. Utter shambles, I'll never buy off them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Placed an order with ikea on April 4th. Checked this morning-expected delivery date is May 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Oonagh123

Addle wrote: »
    Placed an order with ikea on April 4th. Checked this morning-expected delivery date is May 20th.

I'd be interested to know if this will be delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Oonagh123 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if this will be delivered

Do you think I should just cancel my order rather than wait for something that might not show up?

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Do you think I should just cancel my order rather than wait for something that might not show up?

If it's something you need and you can find it somewhere else, I'd cancel.
    The alternative stuff I got was bit more expensive but not by much when you factor in Ikea's 50 quid for (non-)delivery, versus 6 quid from Viking and 10 from Aline and both next-day delivery.

If it's stuff you're not in a rush for and not pushed if it never arrives might not be worth the hassle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very impressed with Vikings service, ordered Wednesday evening and the chair arrived this morning, I should of just went with them in the first place.

Ikea could not even give me an estimate of if and when they could deliver, going by their FB page it looks they have not been delivering anything since the restrictions came in even though they are still taking online orders.

Advertisement