Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Hygiene and Lockdown

• 06-04-2020 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I’m not a massive fan of washing at the best of times, I like to conserve water to save the environment. :)

I always shower when going to work but often skip showering at the weekends out of laziness, unless I have plans that involve meeting people I know (friends / family etc.). I am happy to go shopping / cinema / food without showering when not meeting anyone I know.

I am in lockdown on my own, so my personal hygiene has taken a backseat. Still brushing my teeth but showering is not top of my agenda.

Any other filthy kernts out there taking advantage of the lockdown to wallow in their own filth?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You sir/madam are disgusting.

How hard is it to have a quick shower in the morning.

That said I wore flip flops to work today. So eh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Did you wear socks with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Glad your bath-gate is working! ;) Wouldn't want to get too close...

To be honest, it wouldn't be a major priority if I weren't meeting people either. So long as you not too bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What is the point of the shower when in lockdown? I don’t smell myself, no one else does either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Apparently, flip-flop socks can be changed every 3.5 days. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have a shower because it's an awesome feeling. Not because it's a chore.

I cannot understand that mentality...

Apparently, flip-flop socks can be changed every 3.5 days. :confused:

I’m on my third pair of socks since Saturday the 28th, second pair of jocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What is the point of the shower when in lockdown? I don’t smell myself, no one else does either.

Personal integrity, positive mental health practices and wellbeing.

That's the point.

I should also add that I normally change socks / jocks / t-shirt / shirt every day but that all changed on March 28th.

anewme wrote: »
    Personal integrity, positive mental health practices and wellbeing.

That's the point.

FFS. Personal integrity? Seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

I’m on my third pair of socks since Saturday the 28th, second pair of jocks.

Crusty to the front, brown to the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Who the **** is not a fan of washing? Jesus christ have some self respect

Not even bothering with that. :)

Who the **** is not a fan of washing? Jesus christ have some self respect

Clean freaks are out tonight. Must be the full moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

listermint wrote: »

I shower as soon as I wake up cos it makes me feel fresh and ready to face the day. I also brush my teeth three times a day cos I like knowing my mouth and breath are fresh and clean.

That said, yesterday I was dying hungover and concertedly decided to be a filth monger and I've gotta say I really enjoyed it. I found perverse pleasure in not showering or brushing my hair. Couldn't do that regularly though and I spent the day alone. I wouldn't go out in public like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

listermint wrote: »

I win every argument with myself in the shower.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭mcgragger

Haven't shaved since we were sent home from work 4 weeks ago. Which is interesting as ive never gone past about 10 days until i shaved. Im nearly a hipster.

Showering is less frequent. Once every second day now until we get back to nornal.

Not going to shave at all. Feck it.

mcgragger wrote: »
    Haven't shaved since we were sent home from work 4 weeks ago. Which is interesting as ive never gone past about 10 days until i shaved. Im nearly a hipster.

Showering is less frequent. Once every second day now until we get back to nornal.

Not going to shave at all. Feck it.

Live dangerously, shower every third day. You won’t regret it.

FFS. Personal integrity? Seriously?

Yep very seriously.

Self belief and care can be as simple as caring about your own personal hygiene practices. In these challenging times, do not underestimate the power of personal care.

Wearing the same pair of jocks since 28th March is self neglect and is not positive from a mental health perspective.

It's the little things. As simple as having a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

You can also turn them around and get a few days wear. Then turn them inside out...... :pac::pac:

Yep very seriously.

Self belief and care can be as simple as caring about your own personal hygiene practices. In these challenging times, do not underestimate the power of personal care.

Wearing the same pair of jocks since 28th March is self neglect and is not positive from a mental health perspective.

It's the little things. As simple as having a shower.

As I said, I am on my second pair of jocks.

dermiek wrote: »
    You can also turn them around and get a few days wear. Then turn them inside out...... :pac::pac:

Then repeat. 8 days if lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I haven’t dropped the ball with my hygiene at all. If anything I’m probably more sanitary now than I was before, I still shower everyday but have massively upped the hand washing and am washing my clothes after every outing. I keep clean because I like the feeling of being clean, not to impress other people. I would totally grow a beard if I could though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Noticed an increase in BO in the supermarket last week.

You still have to shower please.

As I said, I am on my second pair of jocks.

You say that as if you are proud of it.

Noticed an increase in BO in the supermarket last week.

You still have to shower please.

Sounds like somebody hasn’t been observing social distancing when shopping.

You say that as if you are proud of it.

No, I’m not a savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The BO helps make sure people are keeping their distance. These people are the heroes we need in these strange new times.

• Advertisement

In all fairness, this lockdown and isolation has created a huge upsurge in anxiety, panic and depression in people.

Anyone remember that Facebook thing... be like bill...well dont be like Rodney, keep your personal hygiene practices and it will help your resilience in these times.

In all fairness, this lockdown and isolation has created a huge upsurge in anxiety, panic and depression in people.

Anyone remember that Facebook thing... be like bill...well dont be like Rodney, keep your personal hygiene practices and it will help your resilience in these times.

Help your resilience. Good god. Humans weren’t showering every day 50 years ago and they some now managed to survive. The clap trap that people come out with regarding ‘mental health’ these days is laughable.

Help your resilience. Good god. Humans weren’t showering every day 50 years ago and they some now managed to survive. The clap trap that people come out with regarding ‘mental health’ these days is laughable.

Poor personal hygiene is a sign of self neglect.

Buy yourself a bar of soap, change your knickers and stop whinging ffs.

Poor personal hygiene is a sign of personal neglect.

Your ignorance is astonishing.

Buy yourself a bar of soap and stop whinging ffs.

Jesus, you should be a therapist, yourself and Bressie should team up and spout almighty tripe to a nationwide audience.

Jesus, you should be a therapist, yourself and Bressie should team up and spout almighty tripe to a nationwide audience.

You haven't a clue.

This lockdown is causing all types of worry and having a negative impact on peoples mental health and wellbeing.

But your upside is that you dont need to wash yourself or change your underwear. Did your Mammy not teach you to change your jocks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I doubt he was being serious when he said he didn't change his jocks since Mar 28th.

That said, if I wasn't getting out for a run every day, after which I need a shower, I probably would only shower every second day and my skin would thank me for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Use Lidl wipes at least.

You haven't a clue.

This lockdown is causing all types of worry and having a negative impact on peoples mental health and wellbeing.

But your upside is that you dont need to wash yourself or change your underwear. Did your Mammy not teach you to change your jocks?

I guess you are a glass half empty type person.

I’m just making the most of one aspect of a bad situation.

I have worries, elderly parent that I am avoiding like everyone else but I also know that we will get through this, and when we do I will go back to washing regularly, and if I don’t take advantage of this unique opportunity I may regret it for the rest of my life.

You need to lighten up.

Podge201 wrote: »
    Use Lidl wipes at least.

Would a rag on a stick suffice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Use Lidl wipes at least.

Vinegar and newspaper, or balsamic if no deodorant.

I guess you are a glass half empty type person.

I’m just making the most of one aspect of a bad situation.

I have worries, elderly parent that I am avoiding like everyone else but I also know that we will get through this, and when we do I will go back to washing regularly, and if I don’t take advantage of this unique opportunity I may regret it for the rest of my life.

You need to lighten up.

You guess wrong.

Would you ever cop the f on about your worries and grow up.

We all have worries.

I have worries, elderly parent diagnosed with COVID 19 on Friday.

I dont use that an an excuse to go around in filth or seeing not washing as a unique opportunity.

I have every hope my Dad will make a recovery. I guess you could call that glass half full. Or the given the challenges, three quarters full. But dont let that stop your whingey self pity.

• Advertisement

You guess wrong.

Would you ever cop the f on about your worries and grow up.

We all have worries.

I have worries, elderly parent diagnosed with COVID 19 on Friday.

I dont use that an an excuse to go around in filth.

I have every hope my Dad will make a recovery. I guess you could call that glass half full. Or the given the challenges, three quarters full. But dont let that stop your self pity.

Who is using it as excuse? You’re the one spouting drivel about mental heath.

Are you in any way qualified to even talk about mental health?

I started a light hearted thread and some miserable so and so comes along to put a downer on it.

Yes, I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Dip the finger in raw dettol if you are into fingering

I started a light hearted thread and some miserable so and so comes along to put a downer on it.

You are whinging about your own situation and accusing others of being glass half full.

Theres nothing funny about having a parent with COVID 19.

You are whinging about your own situation and accusing others of being glass half full.

Who is whinging? And pretty sure I said glass half
    empty.

Lighten up.

Theres nothing funny about having a parent with COVID 19.

You brought that into the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I’m not a massive fan of washing at the best of times, I like to conserve water to save the environment. :)

I always shower when going to work but often skip showering at the weekends out of laziness, unless I have plans that involve meeting people I know (friends / family etc.). I am happy to go shopping / cinema / food without showering when not meeting anyone I know.

I am in lockdown on my own, so my personal hygiene has taken a backseat. Still brushing my teeth but showering is not top of my agenda.

Any other filthy kernts out there taking advantage of the lockdown to wallow in their own filth?

Let me guess. You hold a degree in engineering, have a beard, work in the basement of GLOBALBANKCORP and your girlfriend is into obscure early 1990s Seattle music and has tattoos. You regularly frequent the Workingmens Club on the quays, like all the other hipsters.

Dip the finger in raw dettol if you are into fingering

Thanks Podge, I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. Would bleach be a suitable substitute if I don’t have access to dettol?

You brought that into the thread.

No, you did, you said you were avoiding elderly parent, did you not.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement