Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best credit card in terms of protection and extras

• 07-04-2020 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Hi. I’m looking to get peoples opinions on how to get the best credit cars out there. I’ve a good credit history and I’m wanting a card that gives me good benefits such as free insurance for car hire, phone etc. Finding it hard to get info to compare different banks and offerings. Any advice ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

adam88 wrote: »
    Hi. I’m looking to get peoples opinions on how to get the best credit cars out there. I’ve a good credit history and I’m wanting a card that gives me good benefits such as free insurance for car hire, phone etc. Finding it hard to get info to compare different banks and offerings. Any advice ??

Not too many options in Ireland for this. I tried to get Amex platinum in Ireland and they wanted a personal bank guarantee to be able to get it, so since my name isn’t Mr moneybags no chance of that.

Got it in the UK and do find its benefits Useful, I guess for now not much use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

adam88 wrote: »

https://www.avantcard.ie/credit-cards/rewardplus

Up to €12 a month/€144 a year cashback depending on what categories you spend on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Went with an post in the end. Easiest to apply for. Generous credit limit. Allowed me to clear off existing loans. Zero percent for 12 months. Will save a nice bit on interest

Advertisement